• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

wolfhoundtoo

I guess you are luckier than I was. I did all of level 2 both times. The only premium buildings I got I believe were decorations. I got 2 buildings which were coin and I wouldln't buy unless requested in a quest that was worth doing as there are better coin buildings for the space they take. I didn't get any Shrines or victory towers or oasis, but I remember seeing the possibility. Took a lot of time for me, and quite a few fighters that had to be retrained or were totally lost as were unattached. I got a bunch of things I guess I didn't get too excited about. My guild doesn't seem to be that interested in doing it, so not worth it for the crowns. I can't get to level 3 to get any better prizes and I do not do well with luck. Kind of reminds me of the treasure hunt. I may get something good eventually, but most days I just get more coins and supplies. Not that those are bad to get and I don't lose anything to get them, so I still do it sometimes, but just not that rewarding to do. I thought I might do the expedition map if I was bored since I am waiting to scout the next area, but I am probably going to work mainly on my own map once another province is available.

Since you are facing FE units (railguns and spotters) you should be able to build Drones. Use the TE drones. Face the 4 spotters and the 4 rails with 8 drones. 1st round (you go 1st as i recall) kill all 4 spotters. The railguns will kill some of your drones (2 likely). Next round the Railguns don't fire so you should be able to eliminate 2 to 3. You attack in the 3rd round before the railguns and I would expect that you could finish them off. Unless there attack boost is hugely beyond yours you should be able to beat them.

DeletedUser23444

Okay after a couple of weeks in GE being in the game I have more observations.

1. I've seen a lot of GE feedback about difficult some of the battle are. I myself get my butt routinely kicked in the last two encoutners of level 3 difficulty GE. I have a Progressive Era Town Hall, I have a +79%/+72% combat bonus, an Alcatraz, every PE unit type, PE Champions, and Rogues. And those last two encounters with 2-waves of 8 units each, all with a +65%/+65% combat bonus really kick me in the keyster. The thing is I love it! GE is supposed to be challenging. I am forced to spend a lot more time considering: unit type match-ups, terrain utilization, and even surrendering. (And I'm the type of player who usually never surrenders in a battle and instead forces himself to find a way to win, even in less than ideal circumstances.) So GE has forced me to really study all aspects of FoE combat more closely and even change my GB leveling priorities around to increase my combat bonus higher. And this is all a good thing. Because the risk factor must equal the reward factor (see 2 below.)

2. As to questions many have posed about the cost of unlocking higher GE difficulty levels compared to the value, I say the value is more than fair, provided your guild members are active enough and actually have cities that allow them to take advantage of GE. As others have pointed out even the most active GvG guilds can score about 2-3 days worth of guild power per week through GE, so the guild benefit is quite high. But let us not forget the person rewards on top of the guild benefits. I've scored at least 50 diamonds every week so far in GE on my main world, and I don't even finish level 3 difficulty. I've also scored a preimium decoration that my city really needed. I have lost count on how many unattached units (including Rogues) I have scored; but this number is huge. I have also seen potential prizes of: SoK, Bazaar, Reno Kit, Tiger's Den, premium buildings. So I find the personal rewards are quite extraordinary, and every player who comes to chat in my guild expressed excitement about participating in GE.

3. However, I can also see GE could possibly lead to the unintended consequence of active guilds, who really want to unlock level 2 and level 3 difficulty every week, dropping their less active (notice I did not say inactive here) guild members. I'm not talking about inactive players (shown red in guild member lists), I'm talking about players who are not red, but who just do not participate in GE. I'm one of my guild's founders on Noarsil, and I'm usually the guy who decides if we are going to unlock level 2 or level 3. Three things go into my decision making.

A. The resoundingly loud calls from our more active guild members to unlock the harder levels, and the goods donations to go with them.
B. The goods cost, top-to-bottom, in our guild versus the goods we need to maintain to support our active GvG campaign.
C. The number of 0s I see listed next to every guild member's name each week in the GE progress list.

Of the three decision criteria above, C. is going to force some guilds to make really tough choices on whether or not to keep players. I have already seen some guilds on my server dump a bunch of members. The goods cost for my guild to unlock both levels is somewhere around 5,500 total goods each week, and we have guild members from AFE down through EMA.

I know that Inno Games tends to try to preserve and encourage the social aspects of the game. (Thus have things like we can have 140 players on our friends list but we can only invite 80 ourselves, which means we must constantly solicit newer players to invites us.) I go back to my earlier feedback—letting guilds pay medals from treasury in place of missing goods to unlock levels would be a good idea, just use the same medals↔goods ratios as used in Recurring Quest rewards, so 5 Iron Age goods = 10 medals, 5 HMA goods = 30 medals, 5 Colonial Age goods = 70 medals, and so on. This would help encourage guilds retain less active members longer, by letting them pay medals in place of goods.
Otherwise, expect to see some guild purge a bunch of less active players in order to reduce their goods cost to unlock GE levels.

wolfhoundtoo

The cooperative efforts are not rewarded in that guild planning for increased support pool GBs is now obviated as are the gearing of many member's cities toward building barracks for a certain age. Going to GE, without the benefit of the military gains won through all of that collaborative effort, strikes many as a mere ploy to get more diamond purchases. There is indeed a need to recognize the fruits of previous labors. This was also the case when the ranking system changed. Not to do so borders on disrespect for previous efforts.

The support pool in GVG does not benefit the individual members of a Guild. It benefits the guild as it helps the defending armies with attack/defense boost when a guild's sectors are being hit. Given the amount of goods to unlock defensive army slots, the loss of the troops when you fill the defensive army slots and the fact that you can lose the sector(s) you've gained there is a big difference between GVG and GE. GE does not need a support pool as there is no one to take what has been gained in GE. You are comparing apples and oranges. The cooperative nature would be the sharing of information and resources (such as helping people level their attack GBs or making sure they get the goods they need to unlock military technologies).

DeletedUser8420

Well at least one of my messages seem to have hit and finally got a response...a staff member stated the negotiations options on expeditions is suppose to open on beta tomorrow so hopefully we will be getting it online in the near future.

DeletedUser10789

Well Cassaundrea,
Maybe it will allow more players who are more farmers to help out too, BUT as a Co-Leader of a Guild, I would NOT want anyone to feel like they have to do it. Maybe it is just me and nothing is forced with us. We just ask that people are active, 2-3 times a week and two, to treat each other with respect. I heard some guilds FORCE Players to make goods for the guild and others who FORCE players to dump forge points on the higher ups. All of which is just WRONG. But I guess there are people who feel that is right too. I am not one of them and I am sure I may get some boo's from some of them, but come on it is just not right.

So, I hate to think people will feel like they have to use their goods for it. I guess if they want rewards, then it is up to them. So be it.

On that note, I saw a bunch of people saying how the Guild Expedition is not that hard and if you use the right combination of troops, YES, you will lose troops YET you should be able to win. I know it has taught a lot of people to fight smarter and those who really try, get better each week and that is very encouraging.

Enjoy this weeks and let's see the Rewards for this week. I really want a Premium Cultural Building, oops, did I say that out loud as I am sure now "the game" will put the whammy on me and I will not get one. I did get an Eco Park this week and I already have a few, but the other rewards of Diamonds made up for it. Thank you very much.

Now, for it to begin. No Whammy's No Whammy's.....

DeletedUser14197

I have gotten my bonuses up and some help picking my troops. I was now able to complete level 3. Here is the problem. I just found out that my guild is only planning on opening level 3 every other week. I can't blame them. I doubt even one handful do level 3, maybe not even that many. So here I like my guild, but there just isn't a lot of participation in level 3 and if I want to do it every week, I would have to change guilds. So perhaps one will not only find guilds dropping members, but members dropping guilds.

DeletedUser26230

I think that my post in a different thread might belong here as well. The other thread is an opinion topic concerning the cost to unlock difficulty levels in GE. My suggestion(s) reasonably adhere to this thread's theme as well.

cbalto1927

Well Cassaundrea,
Maybe it will allow more players who are more farmers to help out too, BUT as a Co-Leader of a Guild, I would NOT want anyone to feel like they have to do it. Maybe it is just me and nothing is forced with us. We just ask that people are active, 2-3 times a week and two, to treat each other with respect. I heard some guilds FORCE Players to make goods for the guild and others who FORCE players to dump forge points on the higher ups. All of which is just WRONG. But I guess there are people who feel that is right too. I am not one of them and I am sure I may get some boo's from some of them, but come on it is just not right.

So, I hate to think people will feel like they have to use their goods for it. I guess if they want rewards, then it is up to them. So be it.

On that note, I saw a bunch of people saying how the Guild Expedition is not that hard and if you use the right combination of troops, YES, you will lose troops YET you should be able to win. I know it has taught a lot of people to fight smarter and those who really try, get better each week and that is very encouraging.

Enjoy this weeks and let's see the Rewards for this week. I really want a Premium Cultural Building, oops, did I say that out loud as I am sure now "the game" will put the whammy on me and I will not get one. I did get an Eco Park this week and I already have a few, but the other rewards of Diamonds made up for it. Thank you very much.

Now, for it to begin. No Whammy's No Whammy's.....

I agree, While doing GE for the past few weeks, i have noticed that having all attack GB's at least level 8 would be good enough to beat the level 3 on GE. After level 8 GB's i felt very easy to do level 3. AA-guns for CE are the best combined with 7 rouges. I am surprised that TE era units dont have a style that AA-guns have. With AA-guns basically you just sit and let the enemy come to you, and every time you get attacked the AA-guns retaliates. One thing i have noticed that lower end players in the guild usually dont have all 3 attack GB's is probably the main reason why it would be harder for them to precipitate fully in the GE.

DeletedUser9433

I agree, While doing GE for the past few weeks, i have noticed that having all attack GB's at least level 8 would be good enough to beat the level 3 on GE. After level 8 GB's i felt very easy to do level 3. AA-guns for CE are the best combined with 7 rouges. I am surprised that TE era units dont have a style that AA-guns have. With AA-guns basically you just sit and let the enemy come to you, and every time you get attacked the AA-guns retaliates. One thing i have noticed that lower end players in the guild usually dont have all 3 attack GB's is probably the main reason why it would be harder for them to precipitate fully in the GE.
Nice plan but doesn't work in FE. My bonuses are 105/92 and I have yet to beat the final 2 wave battle in Level 3 even with an optimal combo of troops I come up a bit short, 1 or 2 more Strike Team Centers may do the trick though.

DeletedUser14197

Nice plan but doesn't work in FE. My bonuses are 105/92 and I have yet to beat the final 2 wave battle in Level 3 even with an optimal combo of troops I come up a bit short, 1 or 2 more Strike Team Centers may do the trick though.

I wasn't able to beat level 3 till I got a few strike teams and got my attack over 100. I think it was 105/84 the first time I completed level 3. I do lose a few fighters. I think I lost 4 on the last battle. This time around I am stuck on the first battle of the last section of levl 3. I have use only different combinations depending on what I am up against of Hovers, rail guns and rogues. I really need better bonuses even now. It is taking too many strikes to take out the enemy and they are taking out my rails too easily. Is there a way to up my defense? I ws told that buildindg anti material ranges would not help my defense in GE, but only in defending my city. Is this true, or would it help to build a few? Does adding 4 or 8 to my 84 defense make enough difference to make it worth it?

DeletedUser8152

It is true that the defensive bonus of troop buildings only applies to your city defending army, unfortunately.

DeletedUser14197

Sure doesn't make sense to me since the attack bonus applies to fighting, not city defense. Oh well. Thanks for confirming it. No sense building something that won't help. I only hae one more level I beleive to go on my Aachan. My Zeus and CDM are both level 10. While it may be sufficient, it seems like it maybe barely enough to do the GE map..

DeletedUser7289

honey, check your unit mix against the opposition, and fight manually. And even then, the latter part of level 3 is tough. I have a high bonus on all 4 of my Arctic worlds, but I've lost some battles (or retreated before I lost). Honestly, I like the challenge as opposed to GvG where it's all about how fast you can battle and who has the most rogues.

DeletedUser14197

honey, check your unit mix against the opposition, and fight manually. And even then, the latter part of level 3 is tough. I have a high bonus on all 4 of my Arctic worlds, but I've lost some battles (or retreated before I lost). Honestly, I like the challenge as opposed to GvG where it's all about how fast you can battle and who has the most rogues.

I tend to do most of my battles manually, and definitely all of level 3. I have gotten advice on fighters from people better than me, and I think their recommendations are good. I only have 2 FE barraks, hovers and rail guns and the only reason I have those is cause I got them in the winter event I believe. I rushed to get into future era because of it and than had trouble doing the tech tree for lack of goods, so quit it after teh event. At any rate, I still ahven't gotten to any barraks. I did manage to finish level 3. I did lose some units, but I finished.

DeletedUser14197

From what I got as rewards for level 3, I have come out ahead by completing it. I wouldn't say I got anything that thrilled me, but I have come out ahead. Here is what I got in FE for level 3 only:
380k supplies
500k coins
85 goods
6rogues
3 drome swarms
underground house (coin house)
eco park (coin cultural building)

Like I said, nothing I get very excited about. The underground house is not one I would buy from the store. It gives you less population per square. My capsules do better. I very much dislike buildings that are less than a day. This is one of my gripes against the ziggurat which I will sometimes unroad. They are annoying to me. The eco park looks like it is good enough to build at least. This was my main prize for finishing the event though and something I could easily buy myself with coins and supplies, so I can't say it was anything special.

I lost 31 military units completing level 3 and of course put in time, which I didn't keep track of. It doesn't cost that much t retrain the units that were attacheds. Of course the unattached are gone forever, though I think the 9 I won would cover those. I use mostly attached. So I would say, other than the help it gives the guild, the GE wasn't exactly worth it to me. Maybe once I reach the FE tower (hopefully by next week), if I win some metals there, maybe it would be more worth it. Also, another week, I might get luckier and win something that makes it worth it. Like I think I saw a watchfire, though I think it was level 2. I didn't win it. Also, there was the possibility of a premium somethign ( the only premium prize I have gotten were decorations, still nto worth it), and wishing wells. One can't be lucky every week In 3 weeks, I still haven't gotten lucky though to get anything special. But, than the odds of the good prizes are really low, so I guess getting one in 2 months, might be doing well.

DeletedUser23123

My biggest grief is still the Blueprints reward. Got more Babel while in Colonials. This is after some heavy lost. Sorry. but with this Blueprints reward are crap. Really just need to dump the Blueprints reward.

amg777

My biggest grief is still the Blueprints reward. Got more Babel while in Colonials. This is after some heavy lost. Sorry. but with this Blueprints reward are crap. Really just need to dump the Blueprints reward.
Could not agree more. Blueprint rewards make me want to throw the computer out the window.

DeletedUser26290

Question- after going through this forum, I saw the same question asked, but no answer was every given. If I start out the weekly GE in a given age (say LMA) and after starting the expedition, move up an age (to CA) how does that effect the enemies I am facing for the rest of the week - do they stay as they were when I started or do they immediately jump up in age, even though I will not have access to the troops of my new age for some time to come?

DeletedUser20367

Question- after going through this forum, I saw the same question asked, but no answer was every given. If I start out the weekly GE in a given age (say LMA) and after starting the expedition, move up an age (to CA) how does that effect the enemies I am facing for the rest of the week - do they stay as they were when I started or do they immediately jump up in age, even though I will not have access to the troops of my new age for some time to come?

Your Age and Guild is set when the expedition starts for the week. If you Age up it won't take effect until the next week and if you change Guilds you won't be able to participate in your new Guild until the next week.