• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser10789

I know I am very late to the dance here and to voice my opinion of this Guild Expedition's, yet I wanted to say thank you very much to the game. The truth is, this is a lot of fun and I enjoy it very much. I know some may think I like to complain or enjoy it, I do NOT. I just want a fair playable game for all to enjoy and have fun, this is a fact.

That said, well done "the game", this is a great addition to the game and thank you very much for it. Who does not like free stuff when all you have to do is fight a little and use your head, I like it very much and I know some struggle with it and I did with the first one too, until I figured out how to have a little fun with it. With my primary world, I am FE Age and I used 3 and 4 levels lower of Troops to fight the first few fights and it was fun, yes some losses, but it made me work for it. After Level 2, then I went back to FE Troops and my Attack boost is +152% currently with +91% defense, so my losses are pretty low. You still have to work for it, but it is very fun, in my humble opinion.

So, that said, thank you so much "the game" this is a welcomed addition to the game JUST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GO AND RUIN IT by taking it away, as I sure hope with will remain in full effect going forward each week.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser14197

If I ever get my bonuses high enough, perhaps Ill make it thru level 3. I think it will take forever to get mine high enough. I am 94/81 right now and it is taking a long time to level up my buildings, so can't see it improving enough to make a difference for awhile.

DeletedUser13838

If you are in CE or higher you can just build a bunch of strike team centers to get a high attack boost.

DeletedUser8420

Level 2 ....got through first wave didn't 2nd wave....and only got 81 points for the trouble...No thanks not worth it. When the negotiation option is finally opened then I will consider going back to it until then it is a waste of time and effort.

cbalto1927

If you are in CE or higher you can just build a bunch of strike team centers to get a high attack boost.

True that, In CE AA guns with 7 rouges worked wonders at level 3. With AA guns every time enemy hits AA guns, it retaliates and take the damage. At higher level, i would wait until the enemy comes closer to you then go for the kill. Other strategies works when hit fast units first then let the slow moving units comes towards you.

DeletedUser14197

Someone in chat just told me this today. It had never occurred to me. It is great advice. I built 2 of them. It is all I can build right now for lack of space, but come tomorrow, I will see if having an extra 8bonus is enough to help. I have started doing level 2, just in case it is. I was able to do level 2 both weeks with the bonus I have, so hope to have time to see if I can do level 3 this time around.

cbalto1927

Someone in chat just told me this today. It had never occurred to me. It is great advice. I built 2 of them. It is all I can build right now for lack of space, but come tomorrow, I will see if having an extra 8bonus is enough to help. I have started doing level 2, just in case it is. I was able to do level 2 both weeks with the bonus I have, so hope to have time to see if I can do level 3 this time around.

I did level 3 and you would need both high attack and defense percentage. AT the last 2 check points of 3rd level both attack and defense are in 75 to 100 percent for same age troops. In order to successfully complete level 3, it is suggested to have all 3 attack GB to the max plus attack and defensive buildings. Overall i like the challenge and it made me to upgrade the GB's to the max.

DeletedUser26198

This is my first time in the Forum so I may not be posting correctly. Please bear with me. Guild Expedition has a major flaw that needs to be addressed if it is to be seen as fair by FOE players.

Ostensibly, Guild Expedition is presented as being an interactive environment for guild members to participate in and as easier than GvG. This is not true in that GvG utilizes Guild support pools to strengthen the armies of guild members. Guilds are rewarded for working together to augment Observatories, Atomiums, St.Basil's, etc. by increased military a/d percentages.

This is not the case in Guild Expedition! Individual players RECEIVE NO SUPPORT POOL BONUSES while the a/d percentages of the opposing armies keep rising. Therefore, IN GUILD EXPEDITION THERE IS NO INCENTIVE FOR GUILDS TO AUGMENT SUPPORT POOL PRODUCING GBs. Players could go much further in the expedition (and probably buy more diamonds) if the guild's support pool was factored into the equation.

There are at least two ways that this might be accomplished:
- Either by adding percentages to the guild warrior (based on how high the guild's support pool is), or
- subtracting percentages from the opposing armies based on the guild's support pool.

As it stands all are equal on the expedition whereas that's not the case in GvG. If this continues, guilds will stop playing Guild expedition.

DeletedUser9433

You think of it as a flaw, I think of it as a feature. GE has no relationship or correlation to GvG as it should be, they are entirely separate.

DeletedUser13838

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought guild support pool is for defending armies, not attacking armies.

DeletedUser10076

This is my first time in the Forum so I may not be posting correctly. Please bear with me. Guild Expedition has a major flaw that needs to be addressed if it is to be seen as fair by FOE players.

Ostensibly, Guild Expedition is presented as being an interactive environment for guild members to participate in and as easier than GvG. This is not true in that GvG utilizes Guild support pools to strengthen the armies of guild members. Guilds are rewarded for working together to augment Observatories, Atomiums, St.Basil's, etc. by increased military a/d percentages.

This is not the case in Guild Expedition! Individual players RECEIVE NO SUPPORT POOL BONUSES while the a/d percentages of the opposing armies keep rising. Therefore, IN GUILD EXPEDITION THERE IS NO INCENTIVE FOR GUILDS TO AUGMENT SUPPORT POOL PRODUCING GBs. Players could go much further in the expedition (and probably buy more diamonds) if the guild's support pool was factored into the equation.

There are at least two ways that this might be accomplished:
- Either by adding percentages to the guild warrior (based on how high the guild's support pool is), or
- subtracting percentages from the opposing armies based on the guild's support pool.

As it stands all are equal on the expedition whereas that's not the case in GvG. If this continues, guilds will stop playing Guild expedition.

GE > GvG

if anything we will see less activity in gvg

DeletedUser26198

Why aren't guild support pool points added to players in Guild Expedition? Why does someone from a Level II guild face the same a/d percentages of opposing armies than a player from a Level 20 guild? Somehow it doesn't seem fair that the cooperative efforts of guild members are rewarded in GvG but not in Guild Expedition.

DeletedUser10076

Why aren't guild support pool points added to players in Guild Expedition? Why does someone from a Level II guild face the same a/d percentages of opposing armies than a player from a Level 20 guild? Somehow it doesn't seem fair that the cooperative efforts of guild members are rewarded in GvG but not in Guild Expedition.

Uhhhhhh

The cooperative efforts are rewarded in GE, peeps gain expedition points and have an increasing checkmark which gives the guild power thus lvls.

The lvl 2 guild peeps face the same percentage as the lvl 20 peeps because the GE maps are tailored(quite well i might add) to the individual player.

checkmarks as mentioned earlier are based of the guild's player base

Support Pools add to the defensive bonus to armies on the gvg map.

In short there is absolutely no need to decrease the difficulty of the GE map. Power lvl your attack gbs.

DeletedUser23123

The Blueprint reward, STINK!. LvL 2 and got a Zeus Print, Twice. Really? And, then a Babel Print. Loose the Prints rewards altogether. It bad enough I'm getting them during the Aid run or even other Events.

DeletedUser26182

The rewards are nothing to shout about. So far I'm seeing less participation as the weeks go by. Think I'll stick with GvG and progressing my city.

DeletedUser10789

Everyone, please remember this is an added feature to the game that will allow people to fight for basically FREE Items.
Sure, there is a luck of the draw and let's all be honest, we should have to work for FREE Stuff, right.?
That said, I am above CE age and my att is now at +156% and def at +91%. I only have 4 Strike Teams for the +4% each. There are better troops, but Strikes are great with a lower pop and smaller area with single lane roads.

But we are getting off topic with what troops, instead, we should focus on how to win and beat the Levels with any and all bonuses.
The truth is, you can win with not such a high boost, as it is all about looking first at what you are fighting against and then bringing in the right troops for each wave. There is NO use to bring in troops that will die on the first go around to leave you nothing. This is why you will learn to fight so much better figuring out what troops are better against others. There are multiple guides out there that show you what troops are what and what bonuses they have to attack others. There is NO reason to take into battle a troop with no bonuses against the troops you are fighting against. Meaning, I would NEVER bring in Heavy's if the troops I am fighting against is BETTER against Heavy's. This is where you look at what you are fighting against. Sure my boost helps, BUT what helps more is what troops and how to USE THE MAP to your advantage. In our guild, I have posted several videos on how to fight better with different troops. I do NOT take credit for these Video's, as I did a search and found them on the internet, just use your head and look around and you will find all you ever wanted to know. The secret, ask or look around and you will find the answers.

Remember this too. What you learn this week, will help you for next week when you do the same Guild Expedition again and these lessons you learned will allow you to really be a better fighter and take lower losses. I have now personally gained a lot of diamonds, supplies, coins, A TON of Troops, a few Buildings of my age and I was able to get a Premium Residential too. Thank you game for this stuff and I feel like I get to play an event every week and I LOVE IT. It keeps me having fun and learning more about fighting. When you think you are a good fighter, you then find you can always be better. Trust me, if you do some light homework it will pay off. I will never forget the saying, you get out what you put into it, so learn a little about how to fight better with the RIGHT TROOPS and USING the MAP to your Advantage and you will finish Level 3 and get great rewards. It is so worth it, I promise. If you need help or anything, write me and I will try to help you the best I can.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8420

Ok Steve you can see where the problems lie with the Artic age but not with expeditions?
It doesn't matter what troops you use if every combination is defeated. The promise of negotiation is just a carrot being dangled with it still being locked...they worked on opening Artic instead of finishing expeditions.

Why bother with expeditions until you can get ALL of your military bonus GBs maxed out? In the meantime massive amounts of goods are being absorbed by the 1 or 2 lower end players that are wanting to get into level 2 and 3. Not to mention the rewards do not equal the costs of said openings of each level. Think it through more carefully.

DeletedUser10076

Ok Steve you can see where the problems lie with the Artic age but not with expeditions?
It doesn't matter what troops you use if every combination is defeated. The promise of negotiation is just a carrot being dangled with it still being locked...they worked on opening Artic instead of finishing expeditions.

Why bother with expeditions until you can get ALL of your military bonus GBs maxed out? In the meantime massive amounts of goods are being absorbed by the 1 or 2 lower end players that are wanting to get into level 2 and 3. Not to mention the rewards do not equal the costs of said openings of each level. Think it through more carefully.

I kinda hope they nix the negotiation in GE

It has been an excellent training tool.

DeletedUser26198

Uhhhhhh

The cooperative efforts are rewarded in GE, peeps gain expedition points and have an increasing checkmark which gives the guild power thus lvls.

The lvl 2 guild peeps face the same percentage as the lvl 20 peeps because the GE maps are tailored(quite well i might add) to the individual player.

checkmarks as mentioned earlier are based of the guild's player base

Support Pools add to the defensive bonus to armies on the gvg map.

In short there is absolutely no need to decrease the difficulty of the GE map. Power lvl your attack gbs.

DeletedUser26198

The cooperative efforts are not rewarded in that guild planning for increased support pool GBs is now obviated as are the gearing of many member's cities toward building barracks for a certain age. Going to GE, without the benefit of the military gains won through all of that collaborative effort, strikes many as a mere ploy to get more diamond purchases. There is indeed a need to recognize the fruits of previous labors. This was also the case when the ranking system changed. Not to do so borders on disrespect for previous efforts.