• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser14197

Well, I don't think we got enough crowns the first week to make it that profitable to do. The goods cost is too much to be worth it. This week the participation so far has been much less. They opened up the 3rd level and I can only do the first 2 and don't believe I will be able to do any more. I only have hovers and rail guns, except for my unattached (and yes, I have a traz, so the unattached aren't really worth it unless they gave me tons of ones I don't have, but it is still a kind of neutral prize cause you see, you get them, and than lose them in the next battle, so it is ike you didn't get a prize at all). The fight I am on is against 4 rail guns and 4 spotters at 80% bonus. I have 94/81 bonus. What I have takes way too many tries to take out the rail guns and I need to have something decent to fight the second round with, which I don't know what is. I actually tried 2 of my unattached drones with 6 rogues, and the first thing they took out was one of the unattached drones, so I surrendered it. I don't have enough drones to make an entire army. I cannot build drones as it is not opened on my tech tree yet and cost 100 or so fps and some plastic I don't have. The hovers and rail guns I have I won in an event, which is the only reason I could do level 2. People who are in the wrong pplace on their tech tree are totally handicapped in fighting the expedition. Of course, that is probably by design as one will get to those barraks and be able to do better, but personally, the prizes I got in level 2 were not worth it. Our founders do not appear to think it is worth it as one has not even gotten any points yet, and 2 of them have under 15k points. I have the most with 103k points. So, with the costs of goods being so high and the participation being on the low side and the few people who even make it to level 3 and perhaps even to level 2, I just do not see where it is worth it. I don't think the goal of my guild is to raise crowns, and goods are a precious item to give up, and to have to pay it out for every player even if tehy are not going to enter level 2 or 3, makes it totally not worth it.

DeletedUser

Hello. I checked the guides area and other areas... So I'm not sure where to post. Has anyone made a guide yet? Or even a work in progress?
This week I finally got to the end of the first level. But on my 2nd world I had to use diamonds to heal two units in order to beat the second wave. And what did I get? A bucher. A building that I can build without any problem if I so choose. (I thought all the end prizes were special I guess not). I have sence discovered (I play mostly on mobile) that I can tap on the chest and it gives me the chances of prizes. So I see now in my first world that I could get diamonds (less than what is required to bring one unit back from the grave) or a "build with diamonds only" building or a few other nice things... but the best chances are either a production building or goods... neither of which make it worth spending diamonds or banging my head against it trying different combos imho. SO I wondered if someone came up with a combo of TYPES of troops (for ANY AGE) to beat that first level at least (with the damn drummer boy) I'm currently iron age but IMHO it shouldn't matter what age. Also as a farmer I don't have room for all the types. So I have one building of each type EXCEPT ballistic/siege.

So basically I want to know what combo of light, heavy, fast (horsemen), and archers I should use. Oh and I typically let the game battle auto... though sometimes I try it manually.

Thank you. (maybe we should have a seperate thread for this? but I wasn't sure where to start one.)
For Iron age all you need are 2 Archer barracks to get through both level 1 and 2 of GE with no or little boost. If you've got the space I'd suggest having 3 or even 4 Archer barracks and no other types. This will allow you to keep fighting GE longer while damaged units heal and dead ones are replaced.
Don't spend diamonds on healing your troops as it's not worth it.

DeletedUser25683

Ok so your saying to play with 8 archers? No other types? Just want to be clear here. ( because I tend to lose archers right away )
Thanks for the reply.

Algona

Lady Sharon, try experimenting! Any advice will do you little good because of the differences in GBs and techniques between players.

Mess around, find out what works for you. Then you'll learn the techniques you will need as you advance through the Eras. Or I suppose you could just ask each time you get a new GB, change troops, change Eras and other changes in your situation advancement, tech, and city.

honey55, my guild is entirely different. We have 75% participation. The Guild ranges from Bronze to Post Modern. We're increasing our Guild Power by about 15% by doing Level 1 and 2 Lvl 3 seems a little difficult for most players, (including me, still learning!) so the expense ain't worth it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ok so your saying to play with 8 archers? No other types? Just want to be clear here. ( because I tend to lose archers right away )
Thanks for the reply.
The key is to not rush forward and give the enemy the first attacks. Hold your archers back a bit at start of battle so you can hit them first. Focus fire as much as possible so you will need 2 hits to kill most enemies but if they are dead they get no attacks. The idea is to get ahead numerically since they will also need 2 hits to kill each of your archers. You will likely need to experiment a bit at first as you get to know movement ranges and troop types but after that level 1 should be very easy with 8 archers.
Level 2 you may need to substitute a couple other units for some battles like the 4 archers + 4 stone throwers one but are still mostly manageable with 8 archers.
Note this is with zero boost of any kind for your troops. Get a Zeus and Aachen and they will become even easier.

DeletedUser10415

If you have high level attack GBs, then this advice does not apply to you. For everyone else, (this means you Lady Sharon) NEVER use auto-battle unless you want to lose units or very often the entire battle. Leaving it up to the AI means your troops will charge into enemy range before they have have a chance to get their own licks in.

Also, expeditions take bodies. Unless you're willing to devote more space in your city to additional barracks, you'd be hard pressed to complete even level 1 of the expedition.

DeletedUser

If you have high level attack GBs, then this advice does not apply to you. For everyone else, (this means you Lady Sharon) NEVER use auto-battle unless you want to lose units or very often the entire battle. Leaving it up to the AI means your troops will charge into enemy range before they have have a chance to get their own licks in.

Also, expeditions take bodies. Unless you're willing to devote more space in your city to additional barracks, you'd be hard pressed to complete even level 1 of the expedition.
I've completed level 1 of GE in Iron, EMA, HMA and LMA with 2 Barracks. (LMA and one of my HMA cities do have a couple Rogue Hideouts but weren't really needed and often weren't used.)
My LMA city has highest Boost at 24% and I've cleared Level 2 as well using those same 8 Longbow Archers. EMA is hardest since there isn't a decent short ranged unit there and so I relied on a mix of Archers and Heavy Cav. For HMA 8 Crossbows works great and will get you at least most of way through level 2 without boost.
You'll take your worst poundings in any battles with long range units as you have to move forward fairly early to take them out. Every thing else is pretty easy as you wait for them to start closing then pick off the enemy before they get more than a single attack.
Key is to get the first attack in and to destroy enemies not just damage them so keep focused. Having a 3rd or even 4th barracks would simply cut down on your waiting time between fights but aren't needed.

My Iron age city on V with 2 barracks of Archers and no boost at all is half way through level 2 and that's with taking almost 2 days off as I wasn't sure enough other Guild members were fighting hard enough to make the cost in goods worthwhile at this point. (New guild still with fairly small membership meaning little in way of contributions to Guild Treasury yet.)

DeletedUser10415

You're an experienced fighter though, Soul Binder, and I doubt you're auto-battling your fights.

DeletedUser

You're an experienced fighter though, Soul Binder, and I doubt you're auto-battling your fights.
Lol far from experienced, but your right about me always fighting manually.
Considering how dumb the AI is majority of time I see the auto battle button as just an excuse to kill my own troops.

DeletedUser9184

I thought players in the earlier ages don't use auto-battle that much until the ME or even PME?

DeletedUser10415

They shouldn't, but they do.
I'm currently iron age but IMHO it shouldn't matter what age. Also as a farmer I don't have room for all the types. So I have one building of each type EXCEPT ballistic/siege.

So basically I want to know what combo of light, heavy, fast (horsemen), and archers I should use. Oh and I typically let the game battle auto... though sometimes I try it manually.

DeletedUser25904

Hello. I checked the guides area and other areas... So I'm not sure where to post. Has anyone made a guide yet? Or even a work in progress?
This week I finally got to the end of the first level. But on my 2nd world I had to use diamonds to heal two units in order to beat the second wave. And what did I get? A bucher. A building that I can build without any problem if I so choose. (I thought all the end prizes were special I guess not). I have sence discovered (I play mostly on mobile) that I can tap on the chest and it gives me the chances of prizes. So I see now in my first world that I could get diamonds (less than what is required to bring one unit back from the grave) or a "build with diamonds only" building or a few other nice things... but the best chances are either a production building or goods... neither of which make it worth spending diamonds or banging my head against it trying different combos imho. SO I wondered if someone came up with a combo of TYPES of troops (for ANY AGE) to beat that first level at least (with the damn drummer boy) I'm currently iron age but IMHO it shouldn't matter what age. Also as a farmer I don't have room for all the types. So I have one building of each type EXCEPT ballistic/siege.

Thank you. (maybe we should have a seperate thread for this? but I wasn't sure where to start one.)
I use 4 archers and 4 soldiers.

lemonwedgie

I think this may be correct, although I have seen some players taking a renewed interest in fighting at this early stage.

Agree, had a couple of players return who had become bored of the game, got great interest the first week ... second week, not a strong ... a lot of mumblings about troop loss, time its takes to complete all 3 .... so we shall see ...

DeletedUser14197

I got a Reno Kit last week and about 180 diamonds overall. Well worth it :)

Were you able to do level 3??? That might determine if the rewards are worth it or not, or perhaps it is just luck or how many worlds youa re playing in. I don't have time to play to a high level in my 6 worlds. I couldn't make it to level 3 in any of my worlds if I wanted to. In my main world I made it to level 3, battle 3 and coulddn't win that one, so quit. I didn't get much to make it worth my time and fighters lost last time. The first time it was maybe worth it for the goods, though for the amount of goods the guild had to play to open up level 2 and 3, I am not sure it was worth it even for those, as my guess is very few even started level 3 and probably most didn't do much if any of level 2. At any rate, until I think there is hope to make it thru the 4 rail guns and spotters on level 3 (nothing I have will take them out), than I am not going to do the map unless I am bored. Today I had a few minutes, why I'm here, and my map is not functional, so I guess I'll waste my time here instead.

DeletedUser13838

AFAIK the reno kit was in level 2. There are 2 event prizes in level 2 (tigers den, reno kit, victory tower, oasis and maybe something else) and 1 at the end of level 3 (last week's was an SoK which I did not get and the week before was an SoI which I didn't bother with). You can also get a premium building as well but I don't remember the details.

DeletedUser14197

I guess you are luckier than I was. I did all of level 2 both times. The only premium buildings I got I believe were decorations. I got 2 buildings which were coin and I wouldln't buy unless requested in a quest that was worth doing as there are better coin buildings for the space they take. I didn't get any Shrines or victory towers or oasis, but I remember seeing the possibility. Took a lot of time for me, and quite a few fighters that had to be retrained or were totally lost as were unattached. I got a bunch of things I guess I didn't get too excited about. My guild doesn't seem to be that interested in doing it, so not worth it for the crowns. I can't get to level 3 to get any better prizes and I do not do well with luck. Kind of reminds me of the treasure hunt. I may get something good eventually, but most days I just get more coins and supplies. Not that those are bad to get and I don't lose anything to get them, so I still do it sometimes, but just not that rewarding to do. I thought I might do the expedition map if I was bored since I am waiting to scout the next area, but I am probably going to work mainly on my own map once another province is available.

DeletedUser8420

With the cost of goods in the artic age tech tree, the cost of goods for expeditions and the buildings/new GB as given in the new age isn't all that I will remain parked in FE for bit.

DeletedUser13838

I guess you are luckier than I was. I did all of level 2 both times. The only premium buildings I got I believe were decorations. I got 2 buildings which were coin and I wouldln't buy unless requested in a quest that was worth doing as there are better coin buildings for the space they take. I didn't get any Shrines or victory towers or oasis, but I remember seeing the possibility. Took a lot of time for me, and quite a few fighters that had to be retrained or were totally lost as were unattached. I got a bunch of things I guess I didn't get too excited about. My guild doesn't seem to be that interested in doing it, so not worth it for the crowns. I can't get to level 3 to get any better prizes and I do not do well with luck. Kind of reminds me of the treasure hunt. I may get something good eventually, but most days I just get more coins and supplies. Not that those are bad to get and I don't lose anything to get them, so I still do it sometimes, but just not that rewarding to do. I thought I might do the expedition map if I was bored since I am waiting to scout the next area, but I am probably going to work mainly on my own map once another province is available.

I'm just saying what was available. I didn't get those.