• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

Algona

I am NOT sure which is MORE ANNOYING, typing with SOME words CAPITALIZED or READING with some WORDS capitalized.

I am SURE that DIFFERENT DEVELOPERS can WORK on different PROJECTS simultaneously. ALSO, why roll OUT changes IMMEDIATELY? See what REBALANCING issues there may be, what bugs NEED STOMPING and then roll those out WITH THE NEGOTIATION addition.

OTHER players beat THAT scenario. MAYBE YOU should BE asking FOR advice or PRACTICING instead of wasting TIME complaining?

DeletedUser8152

While I don't have any hard confirmation, it seems that the more battle points we score, the more GE points we score.
That is not the case. You get a fixed amount of battle points for winning the encounter, independent of the number of battle points received.

cbalto1927

Actually yes I do ....as in currently
CDM = level 10
Zeus = level 9
Aachen = level 7

And yes I have a number of troops except for rogues. I have tried NUMEROUS combinations on 2nd level 4th battle point, I get through the 1st wave but don't have enough to make it through the 2nd wave without the use of diamonds, NOT worth the $ so no diamonds will be used. If this was the continental map I could negotiate and I assume eventually we will be able to do so with expeditions (if they ever open the option up....they may decide to do the same thing with negotiate as they did the gift option....dangle it as promise but never open it)

I am not sure what era your in, at CE age i would use AA-guns against 2 wave armies. Since AA-guns retaliate once attacked, also use tanks to take out light units as well. It works for me.

DeletedUser15152

What's the deal with the -20% attack boost penalty? I've build up my offense attack boost to +131% to get through the 2 wave +100% FE troops in level 3 and now I see a big red -20% on my attack boost. I guess it's just a gimmick by Inno to get the diamonds rolling.

DeletedUser8420

I am NOT sure which is MORE ANNOYING, typing with SOME words CAPITALIZED or READING with some WORDS capitalized.

I am SURE that DIFFERENT DEVELOPERS can WORK on different PROJECTS simultaneously. ALSO, why roll OUT changes IMMEDIATELY? See what REBALANCING issues there may be, what bugs NEED STOMPING and then roll those out WITH THE NEGOTIATION addition.

OTHER players beat THAT scenario. MAYBE YOU should BE asking FOR advice or PRACTICING instead of wasting TIME complaining?
Don't like it...DONT READ IT ...

DeletedUser8420

I am not sure what era your in, at CE age i would use AA-guns against 2 wave armies. Since AA-guns retaliate once attacked, also use tanks to take out light units as well. It works for me.
In FE....as stated....used NUMEROUS combinations...
rail guns, spotters, hover tanks, drones, champions...in various combinations and nothing has worked. I take out the first wave but never have enough units left to take out the entire second wave.

DeletedUser9184

rail guns, spotters, hover tanks, drones, champions...in various combinations
The only combinations that will work are 1 unit + 7 rogues. Hover Tank + 7 rogues usually will do the best here unless there are more than 4 rail guns total between the two waves.

DeletedUser8420

The only combinations that will work are 1 unit + 7 rogues. Hover Tank + 7 rogues usually will do the best here unless there are more than 4 rail guns total between the two waves.

yeah, everyone I talk to says this has to use rogues and I don't have any at all....so without the negotiate option...it is a no go...I am stuck.

iamtheemperor

What's the deal with the -20% attack boost penalty? I've build up my offense attack boost to +131% to get through the 2 wave +100% FE troops in level 3 and now I see a big red -20% on my attack boost. I guess it's just a gimmick by Inno to get the diamonds rolling.
You were hit with a satellite spotter or similar unit with the "heat" ability.

DeletedUser14197

I have been trying to decide if the rewards are worth the battles. I have not made it to the 3rd level, so perhaps they are good enough there to make it worth it, but so far, it is really on the line. I have gotten alot of coins this time around, and a some supplies and a few unattached which I can sacrifice to win another battle, a few fps. I got a lot of goods my first week, which would maybe make it worth it. However, I think on the 12 fight of the 2nd level (the 3rd big fight), that you have a chance of getting a building. It is a coin building, which is fine, but why not make it the best coin building for the category. Like I got a cultural building today. Before, I got a residential home that is also unlikely that I will build. Inventory sitters. I think level 2 is worth getting only good prizes since some of us lose fighters every battle and it takes time. I am not sure how valuable the crowns are to the guild I am in or how much it is actually doing to raise our level as I don't understand that aspect of the game, but personally, I can see why people opt not to fight. I will try to see if I can make it thru level 3 this time. Last time the game ran out before I got there, but I believe I only have one fight left to this level, but if the prizes are what I heard, like the new shrine of inspiration (BTW, if you have stuck to the same 2X2 size maybe more people would have built it). I still have one of those sitting in my inventory as well. Hopefully I won't win one of those for all my trouble. So all I am really saying, it would have been better if the coin building was the best in its category. Perhaps that is how level 3 prizes improve though. As I said, I haven't gotten that far.

DeletedUser8152

I think the unattached units by themselves makes it worthwhile. Especially if you don't have a traz yet.

DeletedUser7289

honey55, remember that every battle you fight is helping your guild! Sure, we'd all like better personal prizes. But the main goal of GE is to help your guild advance. It is "Guild Expeditions", not a 'personal expedition'. Do it for the team!

DeletedUser11463

rail guns, spotters, hover tanks, drones, champions...in various combinations and nothing has worked. I take out the first wave but never have enough units left to take out the entire second wave.
Yes I have the same issue with the bigger FE double fights. I get to the first big attack bldg. in level 3 and get squashed every time. I've tried rail guns, combos, 1x w/ 7x rogues. In both expeditions (last week and this week), this is where I stop. Losing 15-20 fighters and not moving on is not what I call fun or worth it. The same thing happened in CE. In both worlds my attack/defense ratios are higher than the defense but my attacks barely touch them and theirs cut through my troops like a hot knife through butter. Oh well, at least until level 3 the expedition is fun. I'll just stop there until my GB's give me a 200% ratio. Then maybe I'll be able to fight an 80/80 defense.

DeletedUser23548

The guild impact of this thing is minimal. I'm in a successful guild, we've averaged about 20,000 points per expedition. To gain a guild level is about 400,000 points.

DeletedUser7289

The guild impact of this thing is minimal. I'm in a successful guild, we've averaged about 20,000 points per expedition. To gain a guild level is about 400,000 points.
OK, guild numbers can vary based on participation. In the guild I lead we've had about 80% participation, and our guild points are close to what we're getting for GvG. Yeah, we need about 681k points for the next level, but the roughly 55k points we'll get for the week is a substantial chunk. To my way of thinking, every bit helps.

DeletedUser3679

OK, guild numbers can vary based on participation. In the guild I lead we've had about 80% participation, and our guild points are close to what we're getting for GvG. Yeah, we need about 681k points for the next level, but the roughly 55k points we'll get for the week is a substantial chunk. To my way of thinking, every bit helps.

I agree. We got 80k guild points last week, and should be there again this week. This represents a little under 2 days points from all of our holdings in GvG, so definitely worth it.

DeletedUser25273

I suspect that GE is going to be a big boost for those guilds that didn't focus of the GvG map, and might take a bit of pressure off the GvG map, as a lot of fighters are going to spend time in GE, and thus have less time to focus on GvG.

I suspect it will also affect the PvP towers, as in GE you are going to focus on using troops near your age, so the lower towers may have more room for the lower age players who are earning their points in GE.

DeletedUser

Love GE.
I play on Mobile meaning no GvG and I don't care for PvP so previously had no use for Barracks, just used whatever unattached troops I had for my defense and focused on producing Goods.
Now I have a reason for troops, the rewards even from just level 1 are well worth what I put into training replacements. Guess I'm just a sucker for anything that gives me a chance to get free diamonds lol.
Even my newest city on V world in Iron age with 0 boost can beat level 1 and since my Guild there has no one yet who's interested/able to do GvG it's our only way to work on leveling the Guild up. Just on V alone I've gotten 70 Diamonds in last 2 weeks from completing level 1. Not bad return on 2 Archer Barracks. Factor in my city defense is also now filled completely with unattached units including a Champion, 2 Ballista (which I've not researched yet) and 4 Archers and it's even better.

DeletedUser25683

Hello. I checked the guides area and other areas... So I'm not sure where to post. Has anyone made a guide yet? Or even a work in progress?
This week I finally got to the end of the first level. But on my 2nd world I had to use diamonds to heal two units in order to beat the second wave. And what did I get? A bucher. A building that I can build without any problem if I so choose. (I thought all the end prizes were special I guess not). I have sence discovered (I play mostly on mobile) that I can tap on the chest and it gives me the chances of prizes. So I see now in my first world that I could get diamonds (less than what is required to bring one unit back from the grave) or a "build with diamonds only" building or a few other nice things... but the best chances are either a production building or goods... neither of which make it worth spending diamonds or banging my head against it trying different combos imho. SO I wondered if someone came up with a combo of TYPES of troops (for ANY AGE) to beat that first level at least (with the damn drummer boy) I'm currently iron age but IMHO it shouldn't matter what age. Also as a farmer I don't have room for all the types. So I have one building of each type EXCEPT ballistic/siege.

So basically I want to know what combo of light, heavy, fast (horsemen), and archers I should use. Oh and I typically let the game battle auto... though sometimes I try it manually.

Thank you. (maybe we should have a seperate thread for this? but I wasn't sure where to start one.)