• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser20367

Very nice addition. Overall very impressed with this, although I was surprised that the battles didn't count towards tower points since all other battles (continent map, GvG, neighborhood) do.

The battles do count toward the towers. It's just that the display doesn't work right. Check your tower score before and after you do a GE battle and you'll see.

DeletedUser11463

Well I'm revising my 9 out of 10 downward. Level 3 sucks. Also, the percentages are meaningless. How does a 65/65 defense beat an 87/75 offense? I tried 3 times to fight an 8 Contemp era tank army. I tried with 8 tanks (wiped out). I tried with 1 tank / 7 rogues (wiped out). I tried with 4 strike teams / 4 rogues all in the forest (wiped out). I tried with 4 strike teams / 4 tanks (wiped out). I think the 65/65 is Full of S___. Anyway, I will play level 1 and level 2 but ignore Level 3 indefinitely. My new rating is 6 out of 10.

DeletedUser3679

Well I'm revising my 9 out of 10 downward. Level 3 sucks. Also, the percentages are meaningless. How does a 65/65 defense beat an 87/75 offense? I tried 3 times to fight an 8 Contemp era tank army. I tried with 8 tanks (wiped out). I tried with 1 tank / 7 rogues (wiped out). I tried with 4 strike teams / 4 rogues all in the forest (wiped out). I tried with 4 strike teams / 4 tanks (wiped out). I think the 65/65 is Full of S___. Anyway, I will play level 1 and level 2 but ignore Level 3 indefinitely. My new rating is 6 out of 10.

If all anti-aircraft (no rogues) works, would you change your rating again?

DeletedUser25904

Is ther any idea when the nugosheat will be inisheated? I fite, but not all my guild members do.

DeletedUser11251

LOL - That battle you are referring to is the hardest one on the entire map for CE players. Go two anti-aircraft 6 rogues that way if one anti-aircraft gets killed first round, you aren't stuck with all rogues. It can be done.

I am VERY pleased with GE. Someone stated earlier that GvG is all about clicking speed and this has been my gripe for a long time, so this helps a lot. I wouldn't mind even harder battles in GE and GvG. There is very clearly a difference in the AI on our continent maps VS GE/GvG (which seem to have the same dumb AI). Maybe switching the AI on the GE map from GvG AI to cmap AI (where it takes out troops before rogues if you have too many rogues) would make it even more challenging, but I like the %boosts and the mix of defending armies they have placed in GE to make us once again think a little instead of just clicking over and over in GvG, well done Inno!

DeletedUser13838

If anyone is giving tips for FE players, my boost is about 80/70 but the 14th fight on lvl 3 is w1: 4 spotters/4 drone swarms and w2: 3 rails, 3 HTs and 1 exo. AI boost is 100/100. I've tried several different combos but haven't figured out a way to break it down without having to use lots of diamonds. And frankly I don't think the final reward is worth it (assuming I can even get past the next 2 fights).

So far I think the major rewards in level 2 are better (chances at each of bazaar, victory tower, tigers den/premium residential vs chance at a SoI, premium supply OR cultural). I'm going to guess that the possible rewards at the major battles are taken from a list and maybe next time the selection will be better?

Anyway I'll just have to increase my boosts and try again.

DeletedUser13838

I think I beat that one with 1 rail, 1 champ, 6 rogues

That's the 1st option I tried. I could beat the wave but then I'd have to revive a few troops and to me it's not worth the diamonds.

DeletedUser8152

I think that was the hardest battle for me, and my boost is higher, 115%/90%

DeletedUser10415

That's the 1st option I tried. I could beat the wave but then I'd have to revive a few troops and to me it's not worth the diamonds.

I don't remember the combos I used, but my last best result with 100%/90% I only had 3 units left at the end of the 1st wave and also was uninterested in shelling out diamonds. The final prizes would have to be much MUCH better than they are - all of them, which means none of them would be non/premium non/event, and there wouldn't be a shrine of incompetence anywhere to be seen.

wolfhoundtoo

@Konrad the mediocre
1 railgun, 1 FE tank and 6 rogues. unless you get very unlucky you should be able to utilize the tanks to take the drones and the railguns to take the spotters. Keep in mind you want to protect the railgun from the drones so you might want to shield with the tanks since the drones have to allow a retal.

DeletedUser13452

GE is a great addition to the game. :)
I would be satisfied with that and you can stop all the extra mini-events. o_O

DeletedUser8420

ok why is the surrender button grayed out from the beginning does not allow a surrender option?

DeletedUser14197

I have mixed feelings on it.
Pros: crowns for guild/ a place to fight when you can't do your map/ win goods quite often
Cons: Costs the guild for inactive players or even players who aren't participating in it
Tend to get disappointed with the prizes I win. One time I thought there was no bad prize, but the premium building turned out to be a premium decoration. I would have preferred goods.
I haven't gotten to level 3. Just surrendered the last battle of level 2. However, seems like it may be a bit hard to win level 3 since if I understand correctly, they are the same level as I am and their bonuses are rather high. Mine are a tad higher, but since I have to win against 8 twice with the same fighters according to what I have heard, I am not thinking it will be likely for me to win all of them. I guess I will see if I get to it, but am wondering if the prize will cover the cost of retraining so many fighters.

DeletedUser9184

If anyone is giving tips for FE players, my boost is about 80/70 but the 14th fight on lvl 3 is w1: 4 spotters/4 drone swarms and w2: 3 rails, 3 HTs and 1 exo. AI boost is 100/100. I've tried several different combos but haven't figured out a way to break it down without having to use lots of diamonds. And frankly I don't think the final reward is worth it (assuming I can even get past the next 2 fights).

So far I think the major rewards in level 2 are better (chances at each of bazaar, victory tower, tigers den/premium residential vs chance at a SoI, premium supply OR cultural). I'm going to guess that the possible rewards at the major battles are taken from a list and maybe next time the selection will be better?

Anyway I'll just have to increase my boosts and try again.
I've always stuck with 1 unit + 7 rogues (I have a 102/93 boost). Think this one was 1 Hover Tank + 7 rogues, though I could see the struggle if you can't do 4-7 on a drone swarm on the first wave.

First Wave - At the start of the battle, some drones that can reach your rogues will attack and your turned-Hover Tank will retaliate. All spotters will attack your rogues. Now just stay out of the spotter's range (and any drone swarm that is far from you) with your hover tanks and take out as many drone swarms as possible. Always let the spotter hit you over a drone swarm as the drones will always do 4 damage, while spotters can do as low as 1. You should finish this with 0-2 hits (0-6 damage)
Second Wave - This time, you'll want to charge all your units forward the first round (except for your Hover Tank in which you'll keep right before the rogues), letting all your rogues turn into hover tanks, then go straight for the exo-soldier and Rail Guns. As long as you can take out Rail Guns in 6 hits or less, there's no point in going for the opponent's Hover Tanks until the end. Be careful though, you want to try and get your Hover Tanks down to 2HP (rather than 6HP or completely killed) before the Rail Guns attack, so they waste their attack on that 2HP tank :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11251

This has added so many new things to consider. As far as prizes go...we had none before, so they are all better than before GE. I would fight all of the battles even if there were no prizes just for the new challenging fights and guild points, but then they add prizes too! So here's another cool thing I am thinking about. I am CE in 3 worlds and beat all 3 levels without much trouble, but all 3 worlds are just waiting to unlock tomorrow era, I was waiting until the summer event. But now I'm thinking if I advance before the next round starts I get a chance for TE prizes routinely. But then I am fighting 90% boost TE troops at the end of level 3 expedition with CE troops and I'm not liking my odds, so now another layer of strategy comes into play..I need to get enough goods and FP packs stockpiled to unlock at least stealth tanks and microwave blasters as fast as possible so I can get through level 3. Thank goodness the goods requirement to unlock is one age down. So many angles to evaluate it's like a good experiment!

DeletedUser23123

In my Colonial world. I'm seeing Trebuchets and Cannons on Level 2 Stage 2 at the same time. All Artillery. Got none for myself. So, started Colonial Tech and working toward Field Guns. Sucks my Supply down just building Muskets. 1.5 millions to 132k. Don't know. It cost a lot just to get through Level 1. Hell can't afford Level 2 at this time.