• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser20367

I'm in Iron Age in both worlds and working though lv 1. Even though it's interesting I'm not seeing the big rewards you guys mention. I lose 1/2 to 2/3 of my troops ( mostly Iron Age but i have some bronze still. I'm a farmer so I don't build all the troop buildings for space. ( I have four out of 5 ). Anyway all I've seen so far is a small amt of coins, supplies, one each of my ages goods and a mounted rider. I've past the first two wave for reference.

Also a small nitpic. Random is NOT random. I get the exact same reward at every point in both worlds. I noticed it was the same during the May Day quest. I could see some marching by coincidence but.not EVERY time. I mean sometimes I should see coins for one world and supplies on the other if it were TRULY a random reward

I believe that the rewards are set ahead of time ( Amt should vary let age of course ) and the correct term should really be HIDDEN. Not random. Though reading the replies it seems some may be somewhat random if there is a chance to get one of three buildings.

I hope that's not level 3 because the way going lv 2 may be too hard. I only can do one or two encounters at a time before needing to retrain.

Still I am enjoining it and looking forward to peaceful paths as well. As long as I don't end up spending 20 goods for 120 coins that is.

I've got an Iron Age city on V and one of the rewards in the last fight of lvl 1 for me was a Victory Tower. I don't have all the barracks there either, made it through all but the last fight of level 1 with just 2 archer ranges, a soldier barracks and a lvl 2 Zeus. I had a ballista camp for the last fight.

Rewards do get better on levels 2 & 3 but there are some good ones on the 12th & 16th fight of level 1.

Alfred Rex

The only real complaint I have at this point is: PLEASE change the font color for deficit values in the level unlock screen. Maybe I’m just getting old, but it is darn hard to read ;)

Flavius Belisarius

Expeditions is great.
Question, is the Expedition Cost based on Total Membership of the Guild? or total participants from the Guild in the Expedition?
Would prefer total participants instead of total members.

DeletedUser8152

Expeditions is great.
Question, is the Expedition Cost based on Total Membership of the Guild? or total participants from the Guild in the Expedition?
Would prefer total participants instead of total members.
It is based on total members. The idea is to encourage and reward participation by everyone.

DeletedUser10076

Question:

How are expedition points actually calculated? it seems to be similar to the battle point system, but was wondering if anyone was a more solid answer.

amg777

One thing that people have not mentioned here is the impact on the PvP tournaments. It is now possible to get thousands of points with minimal effort. There are now many more battles to fight with Stages 1 and 2 very easy to win. This will seriously affect the rankings if some players do not participate in these expeditions and lose out on medals. In fact not only are the battles too easy but the rewards are too generous so it is no longer worth the effort fighting neighbours. This will change the whole nature of the game.
So far, from what I am seeing on 3 worlds, the towers have become more competitive. No longer being dominated by the GvG fighters (& on 1 world, I am one of those). Seeing lots of new names in the rankings. I may lose out on some medals now, but for the good of the game, I can live with it.

DeletedUser10415

One thing that people have not mentioned here is the impact on the PvP tournaments. It is now possible to get thousands of points with minimal effort.

What do you mean by "now possible"? It was possible before expeditions by setting up your own free siege army of champions in GvG, taking the sector, releasing it, and then slaughtering the champion defending army with very minimal effort with zero losses and maximum points return. Now if Inno will just remove GvG points from the PvP tournaments, there will be some real competition in them. (But leave GE in them)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23123

So far, from what I am seeing on 3 worlds, the towers have become more competitive. No longer being dominated by the GvG fighters (& on 1 world, I am one of those). Seeing lots of new names in the rankings. I may lose out on some medals now, but for the good of the game, I can live with it.
Actually it is a problem when it come to the PvP Tower points. I notice quite a few high level players, like in Progressive and Modern getting large amount of Iron Points. Them with large Attack and Defense boost are practically sweeping the PvP board. Leaving those little players in the dust.

I'm not doing to bad. Just didn't have the troop to do this that well. But, that my fault. I just have to buckle up and start building barracks. Cause the GE is freaking AWESOME!

Still. PvP should be on it own. GvG and GE could stay tied and have nothing to do with the PvP points and rewards.

DeletedUser10415

Actually it is a problem when it come to the PvP Tower points. I notice quite a few high level players, like in Progressive and Modern getting large amount of Iron Points. Them with large Attack and Defense boost are practically sweeping the PvP board. Leaving those little players in the dust.

They were able to do this before expeditions, so I don't consider this relevant to expedition feedback. Also, how often do you see PE and ME players in Iron Age 'hoods?

DeletedUser23123

They were able to do this before expeditions, so I don't consider this relevant to expedition feedback. Also, how often do you see PE and ME players in Iron Age 'hoods?
None at all, hardly. Just started when GE came about. I didn't even seen that many from GvG, in any PvP. The PvP usually never made past the 1 page, if any. Now I'm seeing 3 to 6 pages of players. GE is a cool addition. But, I think it going to stir up some problem. PME or even FE players using Iron Units to play GE just not going to sit well. I think.

Got a Guild Mate in CE that doing that, Told me, with his level of boost. He can load up Iron and have them all heal in 3 min. Got boost up to 75%. True, don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10415

None at all, hardly. Just started when GE came about. I didn't even seen that many from GvG, in any PvP. The PvP usually never made past the 1 page, if any. Now I'm seeing 3 to 6 pages of players. GE is a cool addition. But, I think it going to stir up some problem. PME or even FE players using Iron Units to play GE just not going to sit well. I think.

Got a Guild Mate in CE that doing that, Told me, with his level of boost. He can load up Iron and have them all heal in 3 min. Got boost up to 75%. True, don't know.

PME players have to fight against Industrial Age and higher troops in GE. Sure - they may be able to win the Iron Age tower with mad boosts, but it's only worth 10 medals and not many points so why would they?

DeletedUser23123

PME players have to fight against Industrial Age and higher troops in GE. Sure - they may be able to win the Iron Age tower with mad boosts, but it's only worth 10 medals and not many points so why would they?
Had the same thought. Did ask him, the one in CE. He said he just wanted to. Even ask the Friend that in Tomorrow(Mega Watch fire Holder). Same thing. Both are sitting with over 2 million points. Just don't know. Some just like to take huge chances when it come to fighting, I guess.

DeletedUser11463

Had the same thought. Did ask him, the one in CE. He said he just wanted to. Even ask the Friend that in Tomorrow(Mega Watch fire Holder). Same thing. Both are sitting with over 2 million points. Just don't know. Some just like to take huge chances when it come to fighting, I guess.
Those way higher up might be able to do the first few (or perhaps even the first level) with low level fighters but seriously even a 200 a/d ratio is not going to help an iron age fighter against colonial or PME. The numbers are too far apart. And level 2/3 are much harder. I have a 100/87 A/D in one world (future era) and I've found it hard on the end of level 2 and 3 is really tough even at the beginning. And that's using FE against FE. So they either have super high boosts or they're pulling your leg a bit...

DeletedUser3679

Anyone else think it would be helpful if the age would be 'sticky' in the army management screen when doing GE? When doing GvG, the age doesn't change back to IA every time it opens. It's a minor thing, and should be easy to implement.

DeletedUser8420

Can someone explain WHY the computer army is given 2 moves to every one of the attacking?
This has happened to me several times now, not only do we have to fight 2 complete armies with us allowed only 1 (unless we use diamonds to heal before starting second wave) but the army is given 2 consecutive hits to our ability to hit once. I had to sit and wait till EVERY opposite unit moved and hit TWICE before I could move. It happened each time it was opposite time to attack ... each unit got 2 complete attacks to my one. So what gives here?

DeletedUser15255

Do the rewards change from week-to-week or are they always the same at each reward point in GE progression?

DeletedUser23123

Those way higher up might be able to do the first few (or perhaps even the first level) with low level fighters but seriously even a 200 a/d ratio is not going to help an iron age fighter against colonial or PME. The numbers are too far apart. And level 2/3 are much harder. I have a 100/87 A/D in one world (future era) and I've found it hard on the end of level 2 and 3 is really tough even at the beginning. And that's using FE against FE. So they either have super high boosts or they're pulling your leg a bit...
Just found out today. They did stop using Iron in LvL 2. The CE players went on a flying fit. Cause he didn't have any CE troop. (Never told me till later). Turn out CE been in GvG and been putting in all his Modern and Post-Modern in it. He haven't been saving anything below that. So, Iron was cheaper and faster to make for him. Don't know about the TW guy.

DeletedUser14769

Very nice addition. Overall very impressed with this, although I was surprised that the battles didn't count towards tower points since all other battles (continent map, GvG, neighborhood) do.

One suggestion ... The last "unattached military" prize I would change from 3x an army of you current age to an army of the age above yours. This would really encourage players to advance all the way to this level, and also, would help even out neighborhoods. If there was a way for someone to get a couple unattached armies from the age above their current age, they could compete (both defense and offense) with folks in their neighborhood who are an age above them.

DeletedUser26108

Question: Does this make GvG obsolete? I'm not big at GvG, but looking it over, it looks like points are calculated daily. We GvG in EMA, which with the top spot gets us around 240 power per day. GE lasts for 7 days and so far our guild is sitting at over 10,000 power.

240x7 days (timeframe of GE) = 1,680 power per week. Even looking at 'The Future' GvG, the top spot is getting 2,400 points per day, which is 16,800 points per week. Right now only 4 of our guild members are over 50,000 contributed points and we are over 10,000 power per week. If we get even 4 more people to get 200,000 contributed points we'd be over the weekly total for GvG in 'The Future'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the new expeditions, with a game out as long as FoE has, I'm glad the developers are speeding up some of the slowest aspects of the game. However could we look at boosting GvG points?

Let me know if I'm not understanding the systems, as I'm new to the game.