• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild : Would you care...

Would you care if GvG was discontinued?

• What is Guild vs Guild?

• Not at all.

• Yes, but I would continue playing FOE.

• Yes, and I would probably or would quit FOE.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnny B. Goode

GvG has been on life support since 2015. Less than 1 in 20 active players played it then, and that was when it actually was playable on mobile with the Puffin (I think that was the name of it) browser. Not to mention that it was about the only thing to do outside the main city. I'm guessing that the revenue it generates has been outpaced by the cost of maintaining it. Years ago it was probably a prime place to spend Diamonds by healing troops. However, with the massive power creep, the hyper-leveling of GBs, and the relatively meaningless defense stats, I doubt anyone is spending many Diamonds to heal troops there anymore. It is sad, mostly because it was part of the original vision for the game, which has gone by the wayside since Anwar (the original designer) passed away.

Lord Farquad 42

No joke. Inno dumping GvG is going to hurt them. It may be that only a small percentage of players use it. But that small percent is a large chunk of the the big spenders... and have been spending for a long while. Not a good move on their part in my book. It's the most strategic and interactive part of the game by far. I for one am not really interested in a souped up GE with a new name called Guild Raids. If it's not dynamic and strategic and pulling players together at the same time then you're not building a guild community... it's just a bunch of avatars loosely bound and easily forgotten.

Flavius Belisarius

I just hope Guild Raids has NO FARMING (fight win or lose then raids over-collect your reward(S)), allows(requires) use of same age troops (Guild chooses), does not have a RECAL time. {maybe the raid window is 7 days and you can only fight/raid once in an ERA (IA thru SAJPM) that week }

Last edited:

Emberguard

Many people have said that over the years, but I highly doubt that it's still true, if it ever was. And you have no way of knowing whether it's true or not, it simply fits your agenda.

I have no idea what the numbers are for players participating in GvG (by todays standards, not the 5% back when GBG was introduced). But I wouldn’t be surprised if nostalgia plays a big factor in any players that do end up leaving. Emotions can be a big motivator in general.

Darkest.Knight

In the world I play GvG is the land of inactivity, not much happens there. Not possible to do more than just a few fights before it's over for the day. When I take a sectors they never last, the entrenched guilds take them back promptly. As I pass some of the big guild guys while moving up the rankings I've found that it's a select group that makes up the long standing map holders. I doubt I'll see many of the big dogs bail because of the changes, they didn't spend so much cash on event buildings to compete more effectively doing GvG fights. We'll c, IMO it won't change anything and I'd wager that the replacement will be more active.

Johnny B. Goode

I have no idea what the numbers are for players participating in GvG (by todays standards, not the 5% back when GBG was introduced). But I wouldn’t be surprised if nostalgia plays a big factor in any players that do end up leaving. Emotions can be a big motivator in general.
I think you're probably right about emotions. And by the way, the 5% number was shared by Inno long before GBG was introduced. It might even have been before GE, although I can't be sure of that.

Emberguard

I think you're probably right about emotions. And by the way, the 5% number was shared by Inno long before GBG was introduced. It might even have been before GE, although I can't be sure of that.

Well the announcement for GvG being 5% also said GE had a participation rate 10 times higher than GvG, and therefore they wanted to make GBG. I can’t be bothered checking how far back that was prior to the first season of GBG, but now that you mention it, giving it some thought it most likely would have been within a year

Johnny B. Goode

That 5% could be a big portion of the active players since only 10% of all players are active.
No, it couldn't. Mainly because when Inno shared the number they specifically said that it was 5% of all active players. And like I've said, that was years ago when GvG was about the only thing to do.

Be Chuille

No, it couldn't. Mainly because when Inno shared the number they specifically said that it was 5% of all active players. And like I've said, that was years ago when GvG was about the only thing to do.
It may be a small percentage of players, but as far as I can tell they are some of the most dedicated, long-time players... at least on our world. Most of the top guilds and top players are very active in GvG.

Big Snafu

GvG is the primary thing that has kept me playing the game over the years. We get together nightly at reset time on discord and work together within our guild and with our allies to fight our enemies. It's nice that some nights we're done in under 30 minutes, but it's a steady nightly time. These people that I get on discord with have become my friends over the years. GbG doesn't do this because it goes on all day and night long. GvG is about the team, GbG is about individual rewards. It will likely be the end of the game for about 25 of us that get on nightly. I understand there's no money directly from GvG for Inno, but the GvG players pay money for events to build up their stats for fighting. It will be a sad day for my friends and me when GvG dies.