• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG is Basically Dead

mstorm

GvG is basically dead, It's mostly farming for points now. The dynamics of this game have change so much over the last year, that its not much fun, and not really worth playing any more. You have these TOP guilds owning huge chunks of land in GvG. They release hexes to them selves, but first stocking them with all Champions, for max fighting points per fight. All this just to farm them for ranking points. You all need to fix this. If someone releases a hex, Then the hex should not be aloud to be taken back from the guild that released it, The only way for a released hex to be retaken, should have to be retaken by another guild. A guild releasing a hex should not be aloud to retake the hex over and over and over daily. No one hardly fights in GvG any more in C-World, nothing but all point farmers. You all are killing this game by allowing this to continue. Pretty lame. GvG points should go to GvG bonus, not ones personal gain, fighting in gvg should be a gain towards guild bonus. I thought gvg was suppose to be Guild oriented, any gains from gvg should be guild bonus, not personal rankings. If you want fight points beat up th neighbors daily. And as for guilds in gvg they should not a be one or two or three man show, their should be a set number of guild members in a guild to even allow access to gvg. If you do not have a minimum of 70 people in your guild you can not guild vs guild. GvG really needs fixed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28371

Sounds like your guild can't unset any of the others so you want Inno to force them out. How about making your guild strong enough to actually fight and take the released land.

mstorm

Thread is over already. Because this is truth.
Im stronger then any of you lol You cant take hexes that are not in landing zones. Kinda hard to teleport to the farmed hexes. GvG is nothing but farmers, Which I go in every single night beating up top guilds in landing zones I farm the farmers till they fix it. You sound like one of the guilds Im talking about. Your probably the one I make stock their landing zones daily lol

ITown

I agree that gvg battle points should be excluded from player score. But I'm concerned that Inno probably can't retroactively adjust scores based on this.

DeletedUser25273

I don't think the big complaint is Player Ranking points, after all, those points don't really matter. What I think some players would like would be for them to not generate PvP Tower Points for the weekly contests. It has always seemed that being part of a Guild (and participating yourself) that does GvG gave a player a big advantage in the PvP towers, just because you had so many extra battle opportunities. If it didn't create this big advantage, I would suspect that a lot less farming for points would happen.

DeletedUser18177

I agree with you mstorm! The GVG farming went up after they adjusted the rankings! People are now farming points in GVG yet its harder to farm points with gb leveling. It didn't balance out to well. I don't even consider GB pushing farming anymore due to GE boost in level 4. You have to jake the gbs up to have a chance at winning! They need to look at the the rankings again.

DeletedUser28371

Im stronger then any of you lol You cant take hexes that are not in landing zones. Kinda hard to teleport to the farmed hexes. GvG is nothing but farmers, Which I go in every single night beating up top guilds in landing zones I farm the farmers till they fix it. You sound like one of the guilds Im talking about. Your probably the one I make stock their landing zones daily lol

You are not stronger than my guild which habitually takes and holds chunks of land. They GVG all the time. The fact you can't advance beyond the landing zone is YOU CAN'T DEFEAT THOSE HOLDING IT. Landing zone stocking is a part of a well functioning guild and its part of GVG. You aren't draining them.

If that means ''You have to jake the gbs up to have a chance at winning' then I suggest you do so. Inno isn't going to change,

spnnr

Problem :All this just to farm them for ranking points.
You all need to fix this.
Proposal :If someone releases a hex, Then the hex should not be aloud to be taken back from the guild that released it, The only way for a released hex to be retaken, should have to be retaken by another guild. A guild releasing a hex should not be aloud to retake the hex over and over and over daily.
Current status: No one hardly fights in GvG any more in C-World, nothing but all point farmers. You all are killing this game by allowing this to continue. Pretty lame. GvG points should go to GvG bonus, not ones personal gain, fighting in gvg should be a gain towards guild bonus. I thought gvg was suppose to be Guild oriented, any gains from gvg should be guild bonus, not personal rankings. If you want fight points beat up th neighbors daily. And as for guilds in gvg they should not a be one or two or three man show, their should be a set number of guild members in a guild to even allow access to gvg. If you do not have a minimum of 70 people in your guild you can not guild vs guild. GvG really needs fixed.

Isn't the OP's point about the farming gvg for ranking points rather than his or his guild's inability to maintain hexes? The Op actually sets out the context and makes a proposal though not in the prescribed formula. Or am I reading this wrong and its another moan from the downtrodden?

Tbh not sure how workable the suggestions are but if the OP is to be believed there is an issue in C-World.

DeletedUser28263

Yeah, they need to overhaul GVG I think, in order to make it more accessible to more players/guilds. They should qualify the hex provinces similar to what they are doing with GE, so if you have a server dedicated to colonial age fighters for instance (or any solitary age/era grouping for that matter) and so on, GVG would be hoppin with a lot of obtainable hexes for everyone as they "qualify" and your efforts wont be vaporized by Arctic future units or any other higher age unit army, and it would be a lot easier to level up your guild also or think of something else.

spnnr

Not sure they will-if its not available on mobile platform . There has been some great work done in terms of proposed changes to GvG by some players which indicates some thought and energy has been put into this aspect of the game

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I rarely do GvG, mainly because with the top guilds' stranglehold on it there's no point. But from what I've seen and heard, most "farming hexes" are behind friendly lines, so the releasing guild is the only one that has access to it. That's what makes the farming for points an abuse of the system. I think a good fix for that would be to designate a hex released by a guild that is completely surrounded by that guild's other hexes as a landing zone until taken by another (not the releasing) guild. Although, if mstorm's suggestion were put into practice, that would solve the problem, too, because if a guild released a hex completely withing their territory, it would basically become a dead hex to them.

spnnr

No longer much of a GvG player but that's an interesting strategy, however someones going to come along and indicate all proposals need to fit the format mate..

DeletedUser

No longer much of a GvG player but that's an interesting strategy, however someones going to come along and indicate all proposals need to fit the format mate..
Since this is not in the Proposal Forum, it doesn't matter.

DeletedUser5111

Or Inno can do what they should have done a long time ago and reduce champion points to the same as Drummers or CG.

lemonwedgie

Inno gave up on GvG long ago because they cannot fix the lag ... they couldn't even be bothered to launch an AF map and gave us the poor mans GvG map of AA, they bring in quick fixes without much thought. I already said a while back once they announced it was not coming to mobile and GE was introduced instead, that was the end of GvG ... I have been waiting for the Inno announcement ... "End of GvG" ...

Algona

Rambling thoughts on GvG. I like it personally, but only as an occasional diversion. Maybe once a week? I wouldn't want to fight every day.

Before GE I was pretty sure that GvG was the only reliable way to garner Guild Power. Now?

My Guild averages 3K per day from GvG. The highest Era we can field a dozen players to fight GvG is IndA. That's a lot of sectors to take and hold. Sure we can scatter that through the Provinces, but still... that's a lotta Sectors to take and hold. And the Goods cost. Yipes.

We get a better result from GE. For now. As our members progress, we 'll garner more Power from GE, but I'm not sure how that will compare to our GvG capabilities. I could see a time when GvG could be more profitable.

Yeah, I know I could join another Guild. Prolly not after 2 years here. But who knows?

Bottom line for me, I'm just not too worried that GvG is somewhat stagnant. Or dead? Or whatever. Nor do i care that Guilds committed to GvG; that have established their presence; have earned and held their territories take advantage of the current stagnation to farm points.

It doesn't hurt me or my Guild.

DeletedUser13360

Inno gave up on GvG long ago because they cannot fix the lag ... they couldn't even be bothered to launch an AF map and gave us the poor mans GvG map of AA, they bring in quick fixes without much thought. I already said a while back once they announced it was not coming to mobile and GE was introduced instead, that was the end of GvG ... I have been waiting for the Inno announcement ... "End of GvG" ...
THIS ^^^. It is quite clear INNO has no plans to do anything with GVG at all. They don't care about that. All they care about is their mobile platform.

DeletedUser28263

"I rarely do GvG, mainly because with the top guilds' stranglehold" - see, to me that's not right, they need to fix it up and get every excited again about GVG. :D

DeletedUser

It's not like you just decide to set up shop in-land. Those hex's were earned with lot's of units, goods, time and strategy. If you don't like it take the land away from them and play their game. Some say GvG is dead but that's because they stopped trying and now they think it's unfair others are using the system to their advantage. No one is stopping any guild from trying to achieve the same results. If more guilds even tried it would make things a lot more interesting. But if your guild decides to give up don't complain about the efforts others have put in.