• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween 2014 Event - Discussion

DeletedUser10415

Which really, really sucks since quest #15 kicked me into High Middle Ages, so the only age building I can make is the alchemist. Blarg.

I can confirm decorations work for this task, at least for IndA.

DeletedUser

There's usually a decoration or something which you get just by entering the new age.
I'd forgotten about that. Even that thing is expensive after dumping all of my coins into alchemists, but thankfully I've got plenty of time till the event ends. Thanks. (Still a nasty surprise, though.)

DeletedUser2145

Entering a new age when partaking in an event has both a good and bad side. The bad side is the requirements will be for that new age so you may have a more difficult time to complete them. The good side is any rewards you get will be for your new age (so goods and buildings get to be from a new age, and all other resource-type rewards such as coin, supplies or medals are adjusted for your new age).

Once can hope that the difficulty pays off with the rewards.

DeletedUser13536

No areas to scout

So I seem to have no areas to scout. However, I have never conquered the last sector before the Contemporary Era. If I can beat Ong Chu Cuoi Cung will it open the map to Contemporary Zones?

I am having the same problem - no areas to scout. I scanned the thread for an answer, but did not see one. Did anyone help you, DukeMonty?

DeletedUser13537

Am I supposed to do anything for the quest that opens up after completing the Haunted House one? The requirement says "Congratulations! You finished all the Halloween quests!" Is that just saying yay, you win?

DeletedUser2145

@afriendlybalrog No, that's just a note to tell you've completed the questline. It will disappear when the event is over.

@LadyCaroleH Just work on whichever provinces you have open and you'll have new one(s) to scout. If you're on the LAST province (no more can be scouted) then any quest that asks for scouting will be autocompleted when you acquire that last province.

DeletedUser6731

I am having the same problem - no areas to scout. I scanned the thread for an answer, but did not see one. Did anyone help you, DukeMonty?

I was stuck on this one as well. I finally cleared the providence and was able to scout. After 22.5 hrs it brought me to the CE map. Then i have to wait another 22.5 hrs to scout the first providence on the CE map to continue the quest line and the quest im on is the 'Turn it green' quest. Sadly i dont know that my ME troops can handle CE or a mix of CE/PME troops, but im hopefull. I aged into PME with this event (darn complete a research quest) so im drawing the short straw on this one...

DeletedUser6172

Their seems to be a bug if you're CE and don't have a Graveyard.
Building and deleting 3 CE decorations DOES NOT complete Quest #16.
Has anybody figured something out that will allow us to get a Graveyard and a Haunted House?

DeletedUser2145

I was CE and didn't have a Graveyard. No bug at all, completed the event just fine. Contact support if you're stuck in any way.

DeletedUser11400

Halloween - How does one get and answer the riddles.....so far I just have 2 pumpkin

Please feel free to discuss the 2014 Halloween Event here:)

~DA

How does one participate in the Halloween riddles, etc. So far I have two pumpkin icons and nothing else is happening?????

DeletedUser2145

How does one participate in the Halloween riddles, etc. So far I have two pumpkin icons and nothing else is happening?????
You should notice two new pumpkin-head quest givers. Upon clicking on them, one of them should show you this:
UZl566y.png

This one only shows your progress in the questline.

The other one should show you this:
tcpOnx3.png

This is your first riddle quest. The quest requirement is written in the form of a riddle, it's your task to figure out what you need to do to complete the quest.

No quest asks you to build a haunted house. The progress quest tells you you'll WIN one if you complete all Halloween quests.

Just work on the quests.

DeletedUser12604

So Im stuck on quest 10, I think. The one thats "Sell or squall!"

It says you have to build a production, goods and culture site, and then to sell one of each. Ive done these things once already and didnt fully complete it so Im not sure what happened.

DeletedUser13559

I must be stupid

Why? Because I watched the video times, and I have read this thread, and cannot figure out how to start this thing yet...

DeletedUser

I'll certainly expose myself as stupid here, but each quest until #15 sort of went off in my head immediately. Now, on #15, I'm stumped. It seems like I should have to spend points...but it also seems like it might just be as easy as completing the research on a technology. Is that really it?

DeletedUser

I stuck on mission 12. Double day. Who can explain that that means ? Thx

DeletedUser1862

I'll certainly expose myself as stupid here, but each quest until #15 sort of went off in my head immediately. Now, on #15, I'm stumped. It seems like I should have to spend points...but it also seems like it might just be as easy as completing the research on a technology. Is that really it?
If it seems to imply something to research, just finishing the process should finish it. If there's a counter, I would guess that you have to spend at least that many points first (possibly any FP costing event should trigger it).

On one of the early questions, I just finished the research and got the quest completed. Since it was right after a 'use FP' quest, I was glad that I didn't have to spend anything more, since it was ready to go, just missing the unlock cost at the time.

DeletedUser13585

Have you found the solution for this problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Sry, I mean this:

Anyone having problems with #16? I am in Progressive and I have tried PA roads, and Decorations... It's getting expensive!