• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HALLOWEEN 2017

DeletedUser31592

I just spent a lot of my resources negotiating the last few areas in the map i'm currently in. I finished acquiring all of the provinces in anticipation that I would be offered a new area to scout for the event stage 34 (ii think). it did not give me a new section of map to scout, virtually making the event impossible to complete. am I doing something wrong or am I pretty much stuck?

What age are you in?

Look for a boat or a plane to take you to a new continent.

ETA:
Well, that was dumb of me, actually. If you had already made it past the first continent, you'd know what to look for. Duh.
Look for a little ship in the far bottom right corner of your map.

Algona

Sweet bonus. With enthusiasm and SMB bonus my motivated HMA Black Tower produces enough Coins to trigger the collect 25 K Coins RQ all by itself.

This seems like a darned good prize. Kinda Swiss Army Knife worth of benefits.

I hope INNO can continue this run of good prizes.

140 Diamonds across two cities, Won't bother completing in my CE city. BT is good, but not that good,

A pretty good Event. I wonder if this would rank as one of the best if INNO had given alternates for the Bad 3 Quests?

DeletedUser31392

Sweet bonus. With enthusiasm and SMB bonus my motivated HMA Black Tower produces enough Coins to trigger the collect 25 K Coins RQ all by itself.

This seems like a darned good prize. Kinda Swiss Army Knife worth of benefits.

I hope INNO can continue this run of good prizes.

140 Diamonds across two cities, Won't bother completing in my CE city. BT is good, but not that good,

A pretty good Event. I wonder if this would rank as one of the best if INNO had given alternates for the Bad 3 Quests?

Two things:

First I agree the BT is pretty darn good, with my current SMB bonus (level 8) it more than completes the 25k RQ (as does Lords Manor).

Second, I believe the set up for those 3 quests was intentional since the building itself a decent reward, and the Graveyard double upgrade in one year thing (1 upgrade obtainable without the need to spend a tech, but conviently the second is "locked" behind a tech). The Haunted House is another nice reward added in. 1120 more coins at base on HMA than an SoK, makes it a huge coin powerhouse in the small area, though the lack of a fp and happiness drain means most won't build it. I however found an nice little 2x2 Square to toss thing into to reap some extra coin rewards for now.

DeletedUser30665

I do not need Happiness and can't see any reason at all to build the Graveyard and/or upgrades. Does the Graveyard or a certain level of graveyard impact the Dark Tower value? Am I being naive because later in the game I am about to be overwhelmed by some massive change in the amount of Happiness I need?

DeletedUser

I do not need Happiness and can't see any reason at all to build the Graveyard and/or upgrades. Does the Graveyard or a certain level of graveyard impact the Dark Tower value? Am I being naive because later in the game I am about to be overwhelmed by some massive change in the amount of Happiness I need?
A) Graveyard and upgrades have no impact or relation to the Black Tower.
B) I don't remember any point (up to Future Era) where there was a massive change, but population naturally increases with each age, so you'll want to keep up or stay ahead of that curve.

qaccy

@Twitch the Glorious

Event buildings will slowly take over your city the longer you play. These buildings offer superior production values at much lower (or no) cost. In addition to taking up their own space, this means you have a highly productive city with a very low population requirement, which means very little happiness is needed for your culture needs.

Essentially, you really only need happiness/culture buildings if you continue to build 'normal' houses in your city. The fewer of those you have, the less happiness you're likely to need.

Freshmeboy

I was excited INNO returned to the deco building quests in this event...managed to reduce my inventory a bit but apparently the Temple gods deemed my inventory too low in Gates and Faces and sought to rectify the issue in GE...Yay....

DeletedUser26120

Looks like speculation was wrong - I don't see halloween event on Yorkton.

I'm bummed! I was like yeah I can get black tower in 4 days. But guess we're not getting it here.

DeletedUser

Looks like speculation was wrong - I don't see halloween event on Yorkton.

I'm bummed! I was like yeah I can get black tower in 4 days. But guess we're not getting it here.
Just opened my city and it showed up about 10 minutes in.

DeletedUser31882

I believe event quests do not appear until a certain amount of Story/Tutorial quests are cleared. Possibly around the time the secondary quest slot opens? *shrugs* That's how it worked for me in the Fall/Gandhi events when I opened a new world.

DeletedUser18848

If I have a modern era graveyard and I am in the tomorrow age and I use an upgrade does the graveyard stay in the modern era or upgrade to my current era? I just don't want to waste an upgrade to leave it in a lower era, Thanks

DeletedUser31592

If I have a modern era graveyard and I am in the tomorrow age and I use an upgrade does the graveyard stay in the modern era or upgrade to my current era? I just don't want to waste an upgrade to leave it in a lower era, Thanks
I haven't upgraded my graveyard yet because it is in storage.
With the Cider Mills, it was brought to your current era when an upgrade was used. I assume it is the same with the graveyards.

DeletedUser

I haven't upgraded my graveyard yet because it is in storage.
With the Cider Mills, it was brought to your current era when an upgrade was used. I assume it is the same with the graveyards.
It is.

DeletedUser29623

I just used the graveyard, with one upgrade, to replace a church in my HMA world, and put it right next to the Black Tower, which is fabulous. It’s a really nice touch that a werewolf howls every time you tap the graveyard and the bat animation when you collect from the BT. I wish more buildings had effects like these! I still kinda miss the sound the goats made when I collected from my long-gone goat farms.

DeletedUser6120

I have been enjoying the Halloween event this year, especially with all the new effects---like the bats flying over my city! What I have enjoyed as well is the "treat" of being able to get not only a brand new grand prize of the Dark Tower, but various other special Halloween event buildings that were available in previous years: the Haunted House, the Graveyard and especially the Scarecrow! I love special event buildings, even if they do take up room and may not be especially advantageous to have. I like the way they look in my city.

Now, is there any chance that we can get the Mad Scientist's Lab sometime? That one was fantastic, especially when it was running---the building was wreathed in lightning bolts!

Happy Halloween everybody!