• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

matr

The only thing I see wrong here are your expectations.

You're also the last in a long, long, line of new players who show up, accuse Inno of fudging the numbers then provide no proof. Measure and document then come with something other than a premise. Every time someone has done so, they have shown payouts at the stated rate. Each pumpkin shows you the probability of what might receive, and pays according to that. Fully transparent. Your faulty logic is you have no logic. No numbers to base a logical premise on. Nothing. Inno could come back today and state that they've thoroughly retested it and it's all working fine and you'd likely call them liars.

Ask @Pericles the Lion how his last event foray worked out. He got a direct response from Inno, something almost never done, confirming what all the other players were telling him before Inno responded. Then he flat out denied what Inno said was the truth. There is no satisfying folks like you.

I'm all for comments, but you are 100% factually wrong until you prove otherwise. Want to make the claim? Do the work to prove it. Who knows, maybe you'll be the one to do it. After all, nothing happens until it does, right?

The question has been answered. The RNG works fine. Inno could come by and tell you the same thing and just like @Pericles the Lion did, you'd spend the next 10 pages telling us how we're wrong and Inno is lying.

Every business manipulates for profit. I also hear water is wet. Welcome to Earth. Now how do you explain that Inno balances every event so 100% free players like me can always get a full main prize? Or the 15k+ diamonds in my stash having never spent a dime with Inno?

Nice premise. Where's your numbers? Make the claim, make the case. Otherwise, get outa here with that.

Regarding the toys, don't expect to get them all. Since Inno has introduced this type sidebar to this event mechanism, I have never completed a full set. I've always gotten the main prize but never a full collection, always one missing. Events are balanced to give one full main prize for free. They are not designed to rain Daily Specials from the sky and the Halloween event has the lowest payout of them all.

As stated in my first premise, it is not practical or possible for the player to "prove" the the payouts are not correct. I only have my results. The law of large numbers states the the mean probability is reached at infinite tries. From a statistics standpoint for my estimate of the true probability to be within 3 standard deviations I would have to run the experiment at least 30 times. I only have the collected results from 2 and my estimate from the first two.
I only posted my data sheets so you don't think I am randomly claiming the payouts are bad. Experience with the game from multiple events and various other personnel results from probability plays leads me to my conclusion. I only posted the original comment in support of others who have had similar experience. The useless prizes can be handled out at a higher rate to balance the lack of good prizes so that the overall probability is accurate. When you control the way the slot machine operates with a computer you can cause whatever results you want. If I was the guy adjusting the results I would adjust them to whatever collected the most diamonds from my money players and not worry about the rest. Inno never claims the game is "fair" or that the payouts are accurate. I think they say they can do whatever they want and that the prizes have no value. Its just a game. It doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other. However, the comments of others does help me adjust my diamond spending and gives me insights into what might be worthwhile to spend diamonds on. Spending diamonds to try and win the AA in this event is not one of the investments I will make. Thanks for your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

However, the comments of others does help me adjust my diamond spending and gives me insights into what might be worthwhile to spend diamonds on.
Here you go then: Expansions. That's what you should spend Diamonds on. Spending them on event/special buildings is one of the most foolish things that a long term player can spend them on, as those things will eventually (sooner and sooner as power creep keeps increasing) become outmoded and relatively useless. Disclaimer: I do spend the occasional Diamonds on the extra negotiation turn, but that's only 10 per shot and I bring in well over 100 free Diamonds per day in my various cities.

Joeyjojojo

Here you go then: Expansions. That's what you should spend Diamonds on. Spending them on event/special buildings is one of the most foolish things that a long term player can spend them on, as those things will eventually (sooner and sooner as power creep keeps increasing) become outmoded and relatively useless. Disclaimer: I do spend the occasional Diamonds on the extra negotiation turn, but that's only 10 per shot and I bring in well over 100 free Diamonds per day in my various cities.
I agree that best spending of diamonds is expansions, but kinda disagree with event buildings being a foolish use. With established towns, maybe, but for new ones, if you've got diamonds one of the best boosts you can get is to grab an extra event building or 2. I forked over some diamonds to get an asylum down in Carthage, and the goods/FPs are a huge boost there (I'd rather have gotten HotW but that did not want to drop for me).

Personally I think the lowered odds for Halloween vs other events is a bit of a jerk move, but last couple Halloween events it didn't matter much because the main prize was great. This year the main prize is mediocre so that combined with the low %s on the pumpkins means a bad event for people looking to get anything decent (which is probably most of us).

DevaCat

I agree that best spending of diamonds is expansions, but kinda disagree with event buildings being a foolish use. With established towns, maybe, but for new ones, if you've got diamonds one of the best boosts you can get is to grab an extra event building or 2. I forked over some diamonds to get an asylum down in Carthage, and the goods/FPs are a huge boost there (I'd rather have gotten HotW but that did not want to drop for me).

Personally I think the lowered odds for Halloween vs other events is a bit of a jerk move, but last couple Halloween events it didn't matter much because the main prize was great. This year the main prize is mediocre so that combined with the low %s on the pumpkins means a bad event for people looking to get anything decent (which is probably most of us).
Your last paragraph nailed it. +1

Johnny B. Goode

This year the main prize is mediocre so that combined with the low %s on the pumpkins means a bad event for people looking to get anything decent (which is probably most of us).
On the contrary, each one of my cities is making an AD killing. Selling pretty much everything I win is getting me loads of coins and gemstones. Now in every city that has progressed far enough to have the AD, I can buy pretty much anything I want that comes available.

Johnny B. Goode

Today's DC includes 10 GE negotiations for 1/5 joker sticker (fragment)

Utterly Horror-ble !

Never liked negotiations never will

Recalls the silly ship traveling mechanic that was eventually trashed by inno in lower left corner
The "silly ship" was the Treasure Hunt, and there were no negotiations involved in it. Just logging on at the right intervals. And the DC is what replaced it.

Joeyjojojo

On the contrary, each one of my cities is making an AD killing. Selling pretty much everything I win is getting me loads of coins and gemstones. Now in every city that has progressed far enough to have the AD, I can buy pretty much anything I want that comes available.
True, but for all my established worlds (that have AD access) I'm pretty much able to get whatever I want already, so even AD fodder is not really necessary, as GE provides tons of that (including some of the best items to sell for gems).
I am playing this event in two worlds and have yet to find Betty Lou on either.
I'm on 7 worlds, got my first Pete on a world where I'm missing Betty Lou, finally got my second Pete on a world where it completed the set, but those are the only 2 I've found--and I'm current on the quest in all of those worlds and have been advancing through the dark. On the one world where I spent diamonds to get AA, I have not gotten a Pete (at least 2 of every other). That does seem to be the way those dolls go, but I feel like Pete has been extra stingy for me this round.

Aethelcatt VIII

I'm pretty sure the algorithm has a way to detect which daily special we want (so it can be extra-stingy on that day) and which one we don't want (so it can play generous when that one comes up). I remember going all out with the tickets I had for a sentinel outpost upgrade kit and coming up empty-handed. Then the other day the mad scientist's lab came up, which I had no interest in--got one from Psychopomp Pete before and promptly sold it to the antique dealer. But I went into the mini-game anyway in search of the daily sticker and some toys to play with. Well, the first two pumpkins I came across each gave me a mad scientist's lab. After that I tried to avoid picking up the pumpkins and leave them for the next day instead, but one of them was directly in my way to the sticker I was looking for so I had to crack it open--and out came another mad scientist's lab! :rolleyes:

It likely is just bad luck, but I've not received a single daily prize in the last 180+ pumpkins. I did spend diamonds, twice, to get additional full packs. Regardless of how statistically significant that is, it is absolutely demotivating from a "having fun" perspective.

Johnny B. Goode

I spent 139$ CAD and with the tickets saved up (10 large tool packs) received a total of 7 daily specials. You can do better than that Inno.
While that may be true, my point was that for players that don't spend money it is false to try to say that they spent the equivalent of real money when using up saved event currency. Especially since most (if not all) of it was accumulated just by doing what would normally be done anyway.