• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Higher level troops than age

• Thread starter DeletedUser35025
  • Start date

DeletedUser35025

How does someone get higher level troops than the age they are in?

I just got done attacking Spazdude in Vingrid (USA). We are both neighbors in Late Middle Ages, LMA. He has Colonial Age troops defending him. The only military building he has, that I saw, was for LMA Champion's retreat of which he had none on the field only the 8 CA military units (musketeers, canons, grenadiers). This can't be from higher level quests as you can't do higher level quests if you are not in that era that I know of. Any ideas?

DeletedUser38090

This can't be from higher level quests as you can't do higher level quests if you are not in that era that I know of. Any ideas?
Nope, he got them from the quests alright. If you progress on the continent map beyond your age, you can encounter story quests that can give you unattached troops of that era as a reward.

Godly Luke

You can get troops through quests but eventually you'll have a research tech quest and have to stop. Currently in PE with 1/8 pen and 7/8 me defense.

Lancer

How does someone get higher level troops than the age they are in?

I just got done attacking Spazdude in Vingrid (USA). We are both neighbors in Late Middle Ages, LMA. He has Colonial Age troops defending him. The only military building he has, that I saw, was for LMA Champion's retreat of which he had none on the field only the 8 CA military units (musketeers, canons, grenadiers). This can't be from higher level quests as you can't do higher level quests if you are not in that era that I know of. Any ideas?

@MandyTheAlabastard is correct

RazorbackPirate

You will get CA troops from the LMA Bonus Questline which you can complete while remaining in LMA. My LMA city has CA troops on defense.

DeletedUser35025

Interesting. It must be luck as I have never had troops be the prize in Questlines even when I was in EMA for months with my continent map past the LMA.