• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how do u spend ur 4th of July?

• Thread starter DeletedUser40473
  • Start date

DeletedUser

You know how in a war movie sometimes there's not a full scale battle going on, but there is the almost constant chatter of small arms fire with every once in a while the boom of an artillery shell? That's what it's like here, and I live smack dab in the middle of a suburb where fireworks are completely illegal. The closest border is about 2 miles away, but that is in the middle of a county park and the city that borders ours there also prohibits fireworks, so the real closest border where fireworks are allowed is at least 5 miles away.

Zatrikon

Didn't do anything during the day - things didn't work out for logistical reasons. But I'm watching three simultaneous fireworks shows now!

Also had a nice ride this morning - a rocking, rolling earthquake for SoCal.

DreadfulCadillac

i live on the water, (not litterally, but we have a deck in the backyard and it faces the bay) and we dont set off fireworks, but alot of people do on there docks, and its beautifull, also we can see the public displays from our house..
so yeah i spent alot of the night watchin them..:)

Lancer

I have spent the day trying to calm a terrified dog because of all the stinking idiots shooting off fireworks all day. Fireworks should be restricted to public displays only, in non-residential areas. I am sick of the way this holiday is "celebrated". Absolutely disgusted.

My neighbors dogs have been going insane the last two weeks from people that live close by setting them off. Last night though was crazy.

DeletedUser40473

Me too. Last year it was midnight and the fireworks were still going off. Spent the next hour drinking chamomile staring out of the blinds, secretly judging everyone.
This year, looks like I am going to spend it listening to the fireworks while playing FoE at midnight...
we only set em off till 10:00 PM