• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do you define sniping?

How many fp dropped to a GB to lock your position mean you sniped it?

• Sniper drops more fp than required by 1.9, but still make profit thanks to high level Arc they own

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sniper drops less fp than required by 1.9

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Sniper drops less fp than reward listed in the GB leveling window

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

MKPapa

I am curious how players define sniping for them?
I know some players who consider even option 1 as sniping, just not a harmful one, while others consider sniping as mostly harmful option 2 and always harmful option 3.
Obviously, this does not apply to GB with less fp left to level than usual 1.9 or reward.

Ironrooster

I don't get sniped, I get contributions. All contributions, any amount, are welcome. If the contributor makes a profit and/or gets blue prints then we both win.

I put contributions on GB's mostly when I need blueprints. I generally put enough down to ensure I get some BP's. But if I see I can put a few FP's down for a profit, I do that. What the GB owner thinks I'm doing isn't my concern.

Ebeondi Asi

This has been discussed to death. But I applaud bringing it up again.
"Sniping is the act of forcibly occupying a contribution spot on another player's GB by donating forge points in an amount considered less than the spot is valued"

Ebeondi Asi

Sniping is Christmas year round for the sniper.
I would call it more like Trick or Treat. Either way.
Could be trick for GB owner. with a locked snipe... or if the sniper is not smart. it can be turned into a treat, since the sniper can be bumped. and the owner gets free Fps. the sniper loses Fps (trick) .
The other fatal law for snipers is failure of owner to ever level the GB or delete the GB. I have seen both

xivarmy

Sniping is not dependent on a ratio.

Sniping is the act of securing a spot on a GB instantly and unsolicited.

It does not necessarily imply profit, as that is only one motive. It may be sniped for blueprints at a rate the sniper feels worthwhile. Or to convert their bar FP to packs at a loss. Or to make medals on a newer city.

Sniping is not inherently malicious. There are many players who would be happy to have their buildings sniped. Possibly even more than those who mind!

Now the sniping that gets complained about usually is when a player actively planned to get more than what the sniper paid; but it has nothing to do with any specific ratio - rather their own expectations.

Graviton

"forcibly" LOL A better way to say it might be "unsolicited" or even "unwanted". There's no force involved.

@xivarmy's definition is the best one I've seen yet. A couple of my cities produce more FPs than I know what to do with (or have the time to figure it out) so I dump them on my own GBs quite a bit. I'm fine with snipers adding more, I don't have the time to keep track of who's getting what reward and for how much. Unless I have my GB in a 1.9 thread, in which case I'm careful not to allow snipers, I don't care. I also snipe for all of the reasons he mentioned: to get prints and to convert FPs to packs. Because some players view it as a hostile action, I only snipe neighbors...I figure if attacking them is part of the game then so is sniping them. Plunder a building or cause them to put more FPs on their GB than they would otherwise, it's all the same. As with everything in life, it's all about perspective.

Agaselle

Always when my snipe worked out for me , I get messaged and feel bad . I cannot share this feel back since did not mind having it happen to myother buildings ,so said I like to see snipers as friends ,too.They contribute a great deal of points to my city......Merry x - mas and may the nice list not be devided in good players or bad but in kind and unkindly ones.

Dominator - X

It is funny how the term has evolved over the years. I once outlined a detailed precise definition based on my experience, at that point in the game. What I see today, defined by most, is not the same as in times past. Many define it today as any contribution that is uninvited. Even if it doesn't harm the owner. So, to some, 1 FP uninvited is a snipe.

MKPapa

That's where "properly unlocking vulnerable levels" comes in. You unlock them when your contributors are ready to donate, not before. :rolleyes:
Last week the 1st spot on my Arc was sniped by a neighbor in just few sec after being unlocked.
Vulnerable is vulnerable. You can reduce risks, but cannot avoid them completely.

Ebeondi Asi

I have found that players who get sniped some, get sniped more and more. Players who are always careful. rarely get sniped.
And if a player gets sniped once, they should be very careful for a few weeks. since that sniper will be watching, and they probably told their sniping buddies
So if a player get sniped within minutes of opening, Someone was watching for a good reason. LOL