• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do you define sniping?

How many fp dropped to a GB to lock your position mean you sniped it?

• Sniper drops more fp than required by 1.9, but still make profit thanks to high level Arc they own

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sniper drops less fp than required by 1.9

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Sniper drops less fp than reward listed in the GB leveling window

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Sledgie

I have found that players who get sniped some, get sniped more and more. Players who are always careful. rarely get sniped.
And if a player gets sniped once, they should be very careful for a few weeks. since that sniper will be watching, and they probably told their sniping buddies
So if a player get sniped within minutes of opening, Someone was watching for a good reason. LOL
Either that or I just got lucky when I scoped my hood right after the target posted their building with all 5 spots primed in their 1.9 thread ;)

Ebeondi Asi

Either that or I just got lucky when I scoped my hood right after the target posted their building with all 5 spots primed in their 1.9 thread ;)
Personally I consider player who do that to be really foolish. But plenty of players do it.
Not me. I do P1 P2 then get them fille and each P3 P4 P5 separately filling lock for each Px.
Yeah it takes a few minutes. To me, better safe than sorry.

Pericles the Lion

I have found that players who get sniped some, get sniped more and more. Players who are always careful. rarely get sniped.
And if a player gets sniped once, they should be very careful for a few weeks. since that sniper will be watching, and they probably told their sniping buddies
So if a player get sniped within minutes of opening, Someone was watching for a good reason. LOL
I agree. Across the 5 worlds that I play I have added a total of about 2000 levels to my GBs. In this time, I was sniped once, way back when I first started my first city and naively primed a level for all 5 positions. Learned my lesson and never made that mistake again.

The Lady Redneck

LOL Last hood in my Diamond farm city I had a sniper hit me. As the needs of it are different from my main world, Leveling my GBs is not all that critical. But I do keep them locked however, and only open the one I want to work on when I am ready to level it. So I flipped the one he sniped and did not level any more. He got annoyed at that I think, as he started attacking and plundering me I have a great FL there so everything that can be aided gets aided. but he did get a blacksmith a couple of times. And in return for all his attention I placed 1 FP on a load of his GBs. So can now take my time and either flip them or snipe them. If the chance comes up. So you see sniping is fun :)

Ebeondi Asi

Yes. If they want to put the correct amount or more, that is not sniping.
I disagree. "the correct amount"?? What if you can get 1.92 or 1.95 or even 2.0 for P1and P2 (even P3) the 1.9 is a snipe.
Plus anyone adding some lower value 1.9 when a higher Px is open causes an immediate chance of a higher snipe for another.

AloneOnTheRiver

I disagree. "the correct amount"?? What if you can get 1.92 or 1.95 or even 2.0 for P1and P2 (even P3) the 1.9 is a snipe.
Plus anyone adding some lower value 1.9 when a higher Px is open causes an immediate chance of a higher snipe for another.
The correct amount is always the 'Correct Amount".

Ebeondi Asi

Yeah. The Correct response is knocking off the person who adds less than lock if possilbe . Regardless if it is the 1.9 amount. If I'm expecting 1.92 or more. i will 'arrange' to surprise that unwanted donor with getting knocked off the position they think they have a 'right to' "

Dursland

Back in the day, before they implemented the fp drop textbox - where you had to add fps at a time. Well I was on desktop loading up this high level alcatraz, something like 2.5k to lock. Doing my quests as I go along of course. Then I'm back on the GB loading next batch of fps when suddenly I see someone get to 500 and pause. I'm like oh damn, mobile player trying to snipe me.

I start clicking as fast as I can, probably faster than I've ever clicked in my life. My fp count is climbing like crazy by the tens, like a gas station pump. The mobile player gets to 1000 then 1500, then 2000. I'm just clicking like mad with him right on my heels. Finally the GB levels.

The dust settles and I look to see what happened. I had secured 1st place by less than 100fps! The guy lost over 1000fps trying to snipe me lol.

Emberguard

Back in the day, before they implemented the fp drop textbox - where you had to add fps at a time. Well I was on desktop loading up this high level alcatraz, something like 2.5k to lock. Doing my quests as I go along of course. Then I'm back on the GB loading next batch of fps when suddenly I see someone get to 500 and pause. I'm like oh damn, mobile player trying to snipe me.

I start clicking as fast as I can, probably faster than I've ever clicked in my life. My fp count is climbing like crazy by the tens, like a gas station pump. The mobile player gets to 1000 then 1500, then 2000. I'm just clicking like mad with him right on my heels. Finally the GB levels.

The dust settles and I look to see what happened. I had secured 1st place by less than 100fps! The guy lost over 1000fps trying to snipe me lol.
That way of contributing was definitely a lot more fun when you get someone trying to snipe. It’s nice being able to dump the exact amount, especially with the levels going as high as they do nowadays. But it was fun having those sniping races

CDmark

Well, been a while since I have done unsolicited donations. SO, I checked neighbors late sun then after hood changed, 2000+ FP profit. Thanks for the thread, it reminded me to do a neighbor sweep.