• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How long until Cape Canaveral pays for itself?

DeletedUser28132

Has anyone done an analysis for how long until Cape Canaveral pays for itself?

At various levels, with or without including a rental cost of the land it is on.

I have done the calculations and will post below (soon) what I have so far. The calculations are more complex than you'd think. There are many factors that will affect the time and cost. The short answer for a level 10 Cape Canaveral is it will take you, at the high end, over 2 years, and at the low (impossibly maxed everything) end, about 10 months without "land rental" (SoK's that would occupy same space), or 1 year 4 months with SoK's factored in.

That's just to level 10. It gets worse the higher you go, but then it starts getting better when you start hitting the sweet numbers in the level 30's and higher. I have only calculated to level 40. Like I said, the calculations are very complex and have many factors.

Factors include:
- How much help you have building it
- How many forge points you can afford to apply to construction per day
- The fps that will be produced in that same amount of land were it to be occupied by Shrine of Knowledge buildings instead
- How many road tiles your Cape occupies.
- How many days it takes you to build it
- How many days it takes you to catch up to the SoK's output
- if you have room to spare in your city, and do not have SoK's or other comparable fp producing buildings to occupy that space.

RE "rental of the land" - Let's say the Shrine of Knowlege takes up 5 spaces (4 + 1 road). The Cape takes a minimum of 22 (20 + 2 road). An SoK will be producing 1 fp a day for 5 tiles of land. That equals out to 4.4 fps a day in the same amount of space as the 22 for a Cape. This extends the time a Cape will take to pay itself off. The "payoff" time of a Cape should not only factor in the amount of time it takes to break even, but also the time it takes to catch up to what ever else you could have placed in those 22 tiles, in this case I use SoK's.

Say your cape takes a year to pay itself off at level 10, producing 10 fp a day. In that same year, your SoK's have produced 4.4 fps per day x 365. That's 1606 fps. , approx. 160 days for your L10 Cape to pay off to that point, and so on until the Cape actually begins to produce you a profit. Total time for the 1 year scenario is actually around 1 year and 9 months.

There is, however, a more important issue that many people don't consider. The Castel del Monte is a must have building for those serious about the game. The CdM provides much needed attack bonuses AND forge points, and it cost 20% less to level than a Cape. Though it's true the Cape does produce 67% more fps than the CdM (66.666 to be exact, your first clue the Cape is evil), considering the added value of the attack bonuses with the CdM, it seems silly to even consider a Cape until one has their CdM at max level. Especially considering there is essentially zero time required to recoup fps with a CdM, as it has immediate value.

Example #1

L10 Cape requires 4310 fps total to build all levels. There are 825 fps total in rewards.
Level 10 pays 10 fps per day.

Max. time:
4310 fps @ 10 fp per day = 431 days, or 1 year, 5 months, 2 days (plus build time) to break even. This is the Max it would take to pay off were you to make 100% of all payments. Add to this time required to build to L10.

Min. time:
825 reward fps, plus 90.1% for max donation for all rewards from L80 Arcs = 1568 fps donated to your Cape.

4310 - 1568 = 2742 You need 2742 fps to break even, which is 274 days, or 9 months 1 day.

This assumes you could build the Cape to L10 in one day and 100% of every reward was paid out at max. reward + 90.1% (the amount level 80 Arc donations would break even at) This, of course, is impossible, so this minimum number of days would most certainly be higher.

Realistically the absolute minimum recoup time would be approx. 10 months and the max would be over 1 year 6 months.

Accounting for SoK's:

take the number of days for cost of build to break even and multiply by 1.784 to get # of days to catch cost of build plus Sok production.

SoK produces 1 pf per 5 tiles (4 tiles + 1 road)
L10 Cape produces 10 fp per 22 tiles (20 tiles + 2 road)
SoK's would produce in the same amount of space as the cape = 4.4

Min. time with SoK factor
274 days x 1.784 = 489

checking math:
489 days x 4.4 = 2151 produced by SoK's
2740 required to build Cape to L10
2151 + 2740 fps to build to L10 = 4891

4891 @ 10fp per day = 489 days, or 1 year, 4 months, 2 days, plus time to build

Max time:
431 days x 1.784 = 769 days

Checking math:
4.4 x 769 days = SoK produced 3384 fps
3384 fp SoK production + 4310 fps cost to build to L10 = 7693 . 7693 fps, @ 10 fp day = 769 days

769 days to pay production costs and catch SoK's for L10 Cape, or 2 years, 1 month, 8.5 days, plus build time.

So the min time for recoup cost is approx 1 year 5 months and the Max is more than 2 years 1 month.

... to be continued

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

There is, however, a more important issue that many people don't consider. The Castel del Monte is a must have building for those serious about the game. The CdM provides much needed attack bonuses AND forge points, and it cost 20% less to level than a Cape. Though it's true the Cape does produce 67% more fps than the CdM (66.666 to be exact, your first clue the Cape is evil), considering the added value of the attack bonuses with the CdM, it seems silly to even consider a Cape until one has their CdM at max level. Especially considering there is essentially zero time required to recoup fps with a CdM, as it has immediate value.

... to be continued

I can't put any stock in the guide you have coming because of this paragraph. Not everyone is a fighter. You can be serious and successful in this game without being a fighter. I had my Cape at level 70 before even planting a CdM. I had been playing the game for over 3 years before I added it. And, to be honest, it was added more as a FP producer than an attack boost provider.

After leveling my Arc to 80, the Cape was the second GB I worked on. I had it up to around 20 by casually leveling it while working on my Arc. After my Arc hit 80, I took it from 20-70 in less than 2 months. Unless I was super busy, I leveled it daily. A few times I did level it more than once in a day, but for the most part, double dipping was part of my strategy to reduce the FP cost. I used friends contributing the full 1.9 boost. It cost me very little- especially when you considered I was earning double FPs from it by double dipping it every day. By getting it up to 70, those extra 70 FPs per day have helped raise other GBs quickly. A CdM would not have been anywhere near as helpful for me. I've never plundered in my main and I can fight through GE without it. I don't GvG. So, really Cape > CdM for me, and many other players.

ODragon

I can't put any stock in the guide you have coming because of this paragraph. Not everyone is a fighter. You can be serious and successful in this game without being a fighter. I had my Cape at level 70 before even planting a CdM. I had been playing the game for over 3 years before I added it. And, to be honest, it was added more as a FP producer than an attack boost provider.

As a plunderer, I went Arc, then CF/Cape (they sort of both went up at the same time while I was gathering enough BPs to get them to max), currently CF: 66 and Cape: 71, and now I'm working on the CdM. It is a pretty cheap one to level, gives some FP and the Attack boost is useful 100% of the time you attack (vs AO which is only sometimes good). I do get what he's saying about the importance of the CdM to many players but I don't think it should be before the CF (or Cape).

DeletedUser28132

So because you think you can play without a CdM, math does not apply to you. Gotcha.

DeletedUser31592

So because you think you can play without a CdM, math does not apply to you. Gotcha.

I actually minored in math in college, thanks. You are throwing blanket statements that may be true for a small percentage of players, but for the majority of players, the math lies with leveling the Cape before the CdM.

DeletedUser28132

I actually minored in math in college, thanks. You are throwing blanket statements that may be true for a small percentage of players, but for the majority of players, the math lies with leveling the Cape before the CdM.

"minored" in math lol. So you took some math classes in college? Then you might want to consider this: The OP is asking how long it will take. I am answering that question, you are talking about a different topic all together.

You wasted your money on college, btw.

DeletedUser28132

You have not mathematically proven that the attack boost is worth more than the extra FP Cape produce.

The OP is asking if anyone has done the calculations on how long a Cape Canaveral takes to pay for itself, not what style of play you prefer. Let's try and stay focused here.

DeletedUser31440

The OP is asking if anyone has done the calculations on how long a Cape Canaveral takes to pay for itself, not what style of play you prefer. Let's try and stay focused here.

Yeah, let's only focus on what the OP wants, unless you want to try and make an off-topic point right? Good job, you frickin hypocrite.

DeletedUser31592

"minored" in math lol. So you took some math classes in college? Then you might want to consider this: The OP is asking how long it will take. I am answering that question, you are talking about a different topic all together.

You wasted your money on college, btw.

Oh boy.
First, you necroed a thread that is over a year old.
Then, you posted that you should not build a Cape but instead a CdM first. You were the one not answering the question and talking about a different topic altogether. (Note- altogether is one word.) You went back and edited your posts- they put this nice little date and time stamp on them. You can clearly see that your post was last edited on the 19th, and my response to it was written on the 16th. Plus I quoted you, so it is obvious you were talking about your value of a CdM instead of actually answering the long ago asked question. You went off topic, not me. But nice try blaming it on me!

While we are at it, perhaps you should spend some money on college so you better understand how it works.
I took more than a "few math classes". I was only 9 credits away from a dual major, but I did not want to go another semester and graduate in December. Since I was an education major, a dual major was not needed and K-12 schools do not typically hire in the middle of the school year. I made the decision to minor instead.

DeletedUser

An important message that most people probably don’t know is that you should not let your Cape sit at around level 20.
Because...? Or are we supposed to just take your word for it?

DeletedUser28132

Yeah, let's only focus on what the OP wants, unless you want to try and make an off-topic point right? Good job, you frickin hypocrite.

So because I make a small comment within a post entirely dedicated to the calculations, which is what the OP is asking for (see top of page) I'm taking about a different topic? You need to look up what the word hypocrite means, because the way you're using it I take it to mean someone who is right and is due an apology from a name-caller.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

So because I make a small comment within a post entirely dedicated to the calculations, which is what the OP is asking for (see top of page) I'm taking about a different topic? You need to look up what the word hypocrite means, because the way you're using it I take it to mean someone who is right and is do an apology from a name-caller.

Q: How long does a Cape take to pay for itself?

A: You should level your CDM first! It's more efficient, ok?

Yeah, that's on topic.

DeletedUser31440

Also, @filthyhorse if you want help with reading comprehension, @JCera was (is?) an elementary shool teacher, send her a PM and she can point you in the direction of some lessons that will be simple enough for you to follow.

DeletedUser28132

Oh boy.
First, you necroed a thread that is over a year old.
Then, you posted that you should not build a Cape but instead a CdM first. You were the one not answering the question and talking about a different topic altogether. (Note- altogether is one word.) You went back and edited your posts- they put this nice little date and time stamp on them. You can clearly see that your post was last edited on the 19th, and my response to it was written on the 16th. Plus I quoted you, so it is obvious you were talking about your value of a CdM instead of actually answering the long ago asked question. You went off topic, not me. But nice try blaming it on me!.

1. There is no relevance to how old a thread is. It's the top hit on Google when searching the topic of - pay attention now - HOW LONG FOR CAPE CANAVERAL TO PAY FOR ITSELF. Instead of nitpicking, do you have any information to contribute on the OP? Strike 1.

2. If people can read, they can clearly see that my post was about answering the OP and doing the calculations, with a minor aside to consider the CdM, while your's was about how you prefer to play the game. You lie and say I changed the subject, as if people can somehow only read your posts and not scroll up and read mine. Strike 2

3. My typo on "altogether". Ouch, that was a zinger. I clearly would never win a debate of any kind with you. Ball one.

4. My editing posts means nothing. I have been added to my post as time permits. Again, I have done calculations and all you seem to be interested in is arguing with any leaf that falls from a tree. Strike 3, yer out!

DeletedUser31440

1. There is no relevance to how old a thread is. It's the top hit on Google when searching the topic of - pay attention now - HOW LONG FOR CAPE CANAVERAL TO PAY FOR ITSELF. Instead of nitpicking, do you have any information to contribute on the OP? Strike 1.

2. If people can read, they can clearly see that my post was about answering the OP and doing the calculations, with a minor aside to consider the CdM, while your's was about how you prefer to play the game. You lie and say I changed the subject, as if people can somehow only read your posts and not scroll up and read mine. Strike 2

3. My typo on "altogether". Ouch, that was a zinger. I clearly would never win a debate of any kind with you. Ball one.

4. My editing posts means nothing. I have been added to my post as time permits. Again, I have done calculations and all you seem to be interested in is arguing with any leaf that falls from a tree. Strike 3, yer out!

You brought up staying on topic, yet strayed from the topic... I think that there is a word for that, give me a second, it's coming to me, slowly but surely, ahh here it is:
HYPOCRITE!!!!

DeletedUser28132

4. My editing posts means nothing. I have been adding to and clarifying my post as time permits. Again, I have done calculations and all you seem to be interested in is arguing with any leaf that falls from a tree. Strike 3, yer out!

DeletedUser28132

Q: How long does a Cape take to pay for itself?

A: You should level your CDM first! It's more efficient, ok?

Yeah, that's on topic.

lol, again, it's like you twits arguing with me don't feel it's possible for anyone to read anything but what you have written. You only dig the hole deeper. Knock yourself out.