1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.153

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

how many foe members here choose auto battle over manual attack?

Discussion in 'Tavern' started by Oswyn the kind, May 26, 2019.

1. Oswyn the kind

Oswyn the kind Active Member

it is clear iam not taking foe too seriously...if you look at my city in O world, it is a bit better than when i first started. less emphasis on decorations, more on production. this is the reason why iam starting over in J world. to compare the layout..people here said stay away from c map, i havent done that until recently -as recent as yesterday. i applaud the ones who play the game better than i...and thus they are very resourceful and prosperous. seems to me, foe builds character in ones self. builds confidence, willpower and many other attributes..perhaps one day soon.. i, too shall hone those traits in the game. i have noted all the tips and tricks that people here and in game gave to me i wanna thank everyone here and in game for helping me.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  2. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

agreed.

3. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

The biggest one is patience. To borrow an analogy, the hare might get farther faster in this game but he'll have to spend diamonds to do it. The tortoise will end up in the same place, it will just take longer, but he'll do it for free. The hare views the game as a frantic race; the tortoise is enjoying the view along the way. Neither is right nor wrong, it's up to the individual to get out of the game whatever he wants. But it does come down to a choice between patience and instant gratification.

You already have a leg up on most players, as you're on the forums asking questions and accepting advice. ;)

4. shadowcaptain63

shadowcaptain63 New Member

If I'm in a hurry.....I'll use auto...(always in GvG)…...but I always can get better scores.....and take less damage fighting manually.....Using the built in bonuses...(troop vs troop.....ground bonuses)…...and my goal is always to do better than the last time.....beat the happiness modifier.....etc...….so manual fight is really the only way to use the strategies that are built into the battle part of the game...….;)

5. MMMBELD

MMMBELD New Member

I autobattled in GE yesterday.

Like hit the auto button with a misclick instead of the fight button, moving my champ back, and then auto completing the fight.

1 champ, 7 rogues.

That ended poorly, lol!

Poor rogues :(

6. Oswyn the kind

rogues....somehow i think they are not very effective. it would take a long time for one rogue to produce to prep for battle. when i do battles, i never use them. i think they are the weak link in the chain..some would beg to differ, no worries

7. saknika

saknika Active Member

I felt similarly when I first used them, until I actually learned how to make them effective. One or two seed units with the rest rogues usually does a great job because rogues can absorb the first hit from the enemy. I've heard in later eras this can change, but we're talking AF/OF later eras.

8. yee yee boy

yee yee boy Active Member

i press attack and then hit auto battle so if i need to i can surrender

9. Oswyn the kind

oswyn never surrenders...ill fight even if i lose half of my army units...3 soldiers against 3 catapults and 2 heavy calvery? yep:eek: i hate it when first there is victory fought in GE using auto mode..then second half there are remaining units that hadnt been defeated, so you do it again and ? you are defeated..army units wiped off and there goes my chest of goodies:confused: but no use crying over spilled milk. thats the way the game is set up..just have to pool together better and stronger units to fight another day

10. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

What the...?
    If you're only bringing 3 Soldiers to a two-wave battle, you're pretty much screwed. At least bring more!

11. Oswyn the kind

no you got it wrong..i always bring a total of 8 . but for me, the selection of army units are proving no match to the opposing armies especially in GE...and especially in the 2nd lvl. i dream of using only catapults to win battles. or a mix of heavy calvery and cata's..iam still far away from realizing my dream of using cats. oswyn wants to win. not be defeated and claim my prize.