• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How to Follow QI Settlement Build Instructions

jaymoney23456

QI could be a really nice feature with some key changes too. Release something that most players would enjoy and everyone prospers. The way it is being done with an eye only towards how much can they make off it means that it is needlessly time consuming and difficult to get very far for many players and a lot just decide its not worth the effort.

Mulldiv

On a related question - What do you recommend spending quantum shards on? I used a few to clear impediments and speed up the construction of some buildings but what about my remaining ~540 QS? Should I speed up construction of any additional aqueducts and triumphal arches I build or use them for expansions?

Pericles the Lion

On a related question - What do you recommend spending quantum shards on? I used a few to clear impediments and speed up the construction of some buildings but what about my remaining ~540 QS? Should I speed up construction of any additional aqueducts and triumphal arches I build or use them for expansions?
Save them! Unless INNO changes course from Beta we will not get the starter 500 shards at the beginning of the remaining seasons in the Championship. Starting a settlement needs about 300 shards.

Avan Sensei

No don't use them to speed up construction. Use them for expansions and impediment removal

matr

Avan, Yes, I agree. A lot of people are fighting and going through the QI maps early and struggling with having enough troops, goods, etc. to move effectively on the QI map. I could be wrong but it looks to me like the better way is to virtually forget the QI map and focus on building your QI settlement for 4-6 days. Then, it looks like you can generate enough of everything including att/def bonuses to move quickly on the map. Of course, getting an entire guild to do this on a new part of FoE is tougher than herding cats. Still, it is the approach I am taking. I am just puzzled by how to do the parts after the "Final Town Setup".
I don't believe skipping map for 3 to 5 days is a good idea, you lose all the quantum actions. When my city is producing big I run out of quantum actions. Current thinking is to build an archer and ballista earlier on produce 10 of each delete and continue city construction. Then can fight for the first few days effectively and use the Qactions.

jaymoney23456

I find that following someone else's guide to how to do things in the game is boring and tedious. Best way to figure out how to do something in the game is to play around with it and see what works best. Some things are good to give advice on like which units work best or which buildings are the best to have, but following some guide to build a city exactly in a certain way sounds very irritating to me and I wouldn't do it. I am content to do it my own way and if I make mistakes I learn from that and improve. Probably the only guide to the game that I have found worthwhile is the higher age unit guide given the difficulty of the path to actually getting the higher age units though even I have found that the guide made more sense when paired with the info on the story quest path that you can find in the wikifandom.