• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] How to stop repeated attacks

• Thread starter DeletedUser40227
  • Start date

DeletedUser40227

There are two players who keep repeatedly attacking me. Fortunately, they don't get away with much because I'm always collecting gold, supplies, and goods and there isn't anything for them to plunder. I have tried friending both and they just accept my friendship then end it right away. I think they're both trying to beat each other in their era's Tower competition. They also have posted the plunder achievement as one of their favorite achievements so they plunder a lot. I can't hit back because they have very high attack/defense percentages because of Great Buildings. Any suggestions for what I can do to get them to leave me alone? I don't mind being attacked once in a while. It's going to happen and it's not against the rules. But doing it to the same players over and over seems to be overkill and just kinda douchey. If I have to live with it, I will, but just curious if there is anything I can do. Thanks.

DeletedUser8428

There are two players who keep repeatedly attacking me. Fortunately, they don't get away with much because I'm always collecting gold, supplies, and goods and there isn't anything for them to plunder. I have tried friending both and they just accept my friendship then end it right away. I think they're both trying to beat each other in their era's Tower competition. They also have posted the plunder achievement as one of their favorite achievements so they plunder a lot. I can't hit back because they have very high attack/defense percentages because of Great Buildings. Any suggestions for what I can do to get them to leave me alone? I don't mind being attacked once in a while. It's going to happen and it's not against the rules. But doing it to the same players over and over seems to be overkill and just kinda douchey. If I have to live with it, I will, but just curious if there is anything I can do. Thanks.
As far as the attack? Not much if they're more powerful than you. But although it can be galling :), you lose absolutely NOTHING by getting crushed by another player. Your army magically comes back to life, you lose no points... Nada. So the trick is to stop trying to prevent the attack. Be attentive to preventing the PLUNDER.

THE MOST EFFECTIVE way to prevent plunder is to set your production to be picked up at a time when you can retrieve and then pick it up on time. If you leave it laying around for your attackers to grab ....

DeletedUser40495

It seems like you are already employing the best city defense strategy of them all - collecting on time. As long as you continue to do this you won’t be plundered. Other than that, you can’t do much else to stop their attacks. If the attacks become annoying, don’t worry. The hood will change soon.

But yeah, if you continue to collect on time they won’t get your stuff ;)

BruteForceAttack

Do a tech or two/move up to another age, hood "may" change...But then again they may also age up

DeletedUser37219

Are you in my hood? If so sorry not sorry lol. I really like to plunder and compete with my friends in the pvp towers...;)
And yes, 100% collecting on time is the best defense. Shouldn't worry about it, nothing personal.

Algona

What? Oh, sure.

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERAB:E GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Special Buildings, including Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and motivated Tribal Square can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down your Tech and Continent growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

God luck.

Mustapha00

Well, being that an active Defense using your military units is just about entirely ineffective- thanks, Inno!- your solution of Collecting On Time is the best option.

As others have pointed out, the fact that they are not Plundering you as well as defeating you is a silver lining. You're losing nothing, save, perhaps, for a bit of self-esteem (no one likes to see the best Defense they can build be so easily defeated).

DeletedUser38737

I'm with you. I am wondering if anyone with less experience has any success getting even with players that have millions of points, etc? I see one tactic some of them use to attack me is to use all rogue units. I added more rogue units thinking I might try giving them back a taste of their own medicine. What sort of defenses might I need to be prepared for?

I don't really care so much about getting my ass kicked by the same people over and over. I've only been successfully plundered twice. And I hate to attack other players. The only time I've ever done it is when a challenge has asked me to win X battles and the guild thing was closed or something. I didn't plunder those I defeated, either.

It's just that the kind of people I think you are referring to do it constantly. For what? Is it some kind of power trip thing? They don't get anything from beating me 99% of the time. I think of them kind of like grown men trolling junior high schools for dates. Kind of creepy, kind of what's wrong with them that they can't play nice and compete against people from their own levels. Oh, well, that's enough. Don't want to give the trolls another excuse to break my balls. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

For what?

Some people like fighting, doesn't matter the competition.

All rabid plunderers have a streak of sadism. Just as all folks who get repeatedly plundered have a streak of masochism. (Corner case, those who have no clue how to mitigate plundering. Ignorance of game tactics is no excuse,)

Plundering is actively encouraged by INNO. INNO has made it a profitable successful strategy.

an active Defense using your military units is just about entirely ineffective

As always, just awful advice. Any odds he went to the bottom of the hood and fought 2 spears?

The only time I've ever done it is when a challenge has asked me to win X battles and the guild thing was closed or something.

This is why you always run your best defense. To stop random folk from attacking.

Last edited:
Some very good advice here. I've been camped in IA for many months. I was attacked once, probably back in March. At this time my size probably puts off many would-be attackers, but I can still be beat; however, I'd damage any attacker enough to put them off returning. I've worked really hard to get to no buildings that can be plundered. I do have some blacksmiths for quests, but when not questing they're on a 24-hr pickup, and I've a countdown timer set to remind me.

Best advice: be a hard target.

Last edited:

DevaCat

To OP -- Algona's post # 9 covers it all. I can't stress enough the importance of getting out of the bottom half of the hood. That alone will reduce frequency of attacks. Slow down on c-map and aging-up, work on your GBs, build some military GBs if you haven't already.

It's frustrating to be attacked and plundered, and be absolutely incapable of doing anything about it. Most of us go through this at one point. It is simply the game telling us "hey, you're missing a big part of the game, you need to work on stuff!"

Work on the things in post 9 and in time you'll seldom be attacked, rarely plundered, and when you are you'll simply shrug and go on with your game.

DeletedUser37219

I'm with you. I am wondering if anyone with less experience has any success getting even with players that have millions of points, etc? I see one tactic some of them use to attack me is to use all rogue units. I added more rogue units thinking I might try giving them back a taste of their own medicine. What sort of defenses might I need to be prepared for?

Want to get even? Try leveling one of their GBs that only have a few fps from flipping. They are probably trying to Double dip and I know that would irritate me for sure!

DeletedUser38737

I am curious but I don't understand some of the lingo you are using--flipping, double dipping.

DeletedUser37219

I am curious but I don't understand some of the lingo you are using--flipping, double dipping.

Flipping- leveling a GB
Double dipping- waiting until collection time to flip your GB. Example your Cape flips, get 20fp and then level it so you get another 20fp.

Mustapha00

While I would never advise a player to put up anything less than the best defense he can, just do not be shocked if it is beaten easily, often with the attacking player not even taking a single point of damage. Inno has made putting up an active defense using one's military units next to worthless. By intent.

I cannot tell you the last time that someone used an attacking Army comprised of anything other than one "real" unit (usually an Age or two beyond the one in which we both currently occupy) and seven Rogues. I refer to this as "1+7".

And why not? It works.

For those unaware, Inno uses a horrible AI for city defense in which your defensive units will target the Rogues to the exclusion of the "real" unit, with the result that the Rogue absorbs the initial attack and takes no damage. This, as one might expect, gives the attacker quite the advantage. He simply moves his one "real" unit to the upper right hand corner of the map and sends forth his Rogues. If you doubt me, look at the recording of the attack- dinars to doughnuts this is the 'tactic' the attacker uses to defeat you.

The solution to restore at least some semblance of balance to the game would be for Inno to use the same defensive AI for city defense that they use for units on the continent map. While it is true that, even there, the defensive units will sometimes attack Rogues first, it's not always the case as it is with city defense units. Such a change will not be popular with certain players, for obvious reasons, but it would make for a more strategic game.

Now, there is an exception to my rule: if you are willing to invest the resources, in terms of space and Forge Points, to raise your defense to stratospheric levels- I'm talking 600% or more- then you have a chance, albeit a small one, to defeat a 1+7 attacker. Easy peasy, right?

Jern2017

Not having a proper defensive army (i.e. having the default two Spearfighters defense) is awful advice in my opinion. Especially in lower ages where there aren't many players with a high level Alcatraz, attackers will look for easy targets without a defensive army to minimize losses of their troops. When someone realizes you are the "no defense player", they will always attack you to easily complete certain event quests and daily challenges.