• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improve GE rewards

• Thread starter DeletedUser35331
  • Start date

DeletedUser35331

My guild has noticed rewards for GE have become lower quality lately. Just today I got a jade relic in the GE and it was a “Store a building” really! I have been playing for a year and this was only my 2nd jade relic and what a disappointment!

I would think if you want to keep players excited about play this game you would do much better than that!

Agent327

In the Temple of Relics explaination it reads that jade relics are “rare”. To me diamonds, 100 forge points and event buildings are rare but not a store a building.

And you are the leading factor when it comes to "rare"?

Rare means the chance of getting it. Not the prize being rare.

DeletedUser31592

And a store a building is worth more than 100 FPS?

It can be. As I get expansions, I bring FP producers out and I replace them with more efficient buildings. A Bazaar will give me 100 FPs in 50 days, so, yes, the Store Building is more valuable than 100 FPs.

Now, if you use them to rearrange your city, I can see why you don't value them. But that is a poor use and one day you may find yourself needing them.

DeletedUser31592

I have no idea what your guild or their ranking has to do with anything. (I've been playing for 3.5 years and my guild in Z outranks all of the guilds on Y. We reached level 35 today and no in Y is above 31. Since you are about throwing in random facts.)

The relics, which have not changed since the ToR was released:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_Relics

Agent327

My opening statement was my guild which is Ascension the number 3 guild in Yorktown. Silver Gold and Jade those are the three relics so what is the difference in them?

What on earth does your guild rank have to do with it????

You can look up the difference between the relics in the Wiki.

Store a building is a nice reward no argument with that the problem is the GE takes a big commitment and the rewards need to reflect that or players will begin to lose interest in it.

It has been like this from the start and players haven't lost interest yet, so that really is a very weak argument.

DeletedUser31393

Why are some of you picking on the semantics of the message? I don't care if he mentions the guild; the main point is that many of us would like to see better prizes in the Jade Relics. Keep arguing about how he has worded the message and Inno will never listen to the suggestion.

Would you like to see some DIFFERENT prizes in the RARE JADE RELICS? Why, yes! I would. Perhaps some prizes that you would rarely ever get any other way would be nice. I can get a store building in almost any event. I get them frequently at the end of level 4 in GE. I would prefer to get something different and new in a Jade Relic. It would be nice to be excited about getting a Jade Relic instead of thinking sarcastically, "Oh great! A Jade Relic. I wonder what it holds." For me, my favorite prize is the 100 fp gold relic, or even 200 goods is great. I'm pretty sick of Coleseum prints, BTW. Perhaps a NEW prize like 3 large fp packs would be nice. Or some old event building upgrades. Heck, let's be wild! How about some diamonds?

In summary... I would like to see some nice creative rewards in the Jade Relics that you can't normally get in other ways.

DeletedUser31440

Store Buildings in Jade matches up with where they appear in events and in GE encounter prizes. If you look at the current event they are available as standalone gold prizes or part of the kits which are also gold prizes, aka the rare ones. Now if someone were to recommend changing the small medal packages and ritual flame rewards from the uncommon relics I'd be all about that.

DeletedUser26965

Well, it's all relative, a level 80 ToR @18.18% for 64 encounters comes out to about 12 Jades over the long term average per week so I assume anyone playing at that level for a year now won't see much value in any of the prizes anymore and anyone just getting at that level might. I can see if one has a low level ToR and perhaps does not complete 64 every week might expect what would be much rarer for them than to others to have better rewards though.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_Relics#Rare relic (jade)

DeletedUser31440

Well, it's all relative, a level 80 ToR @18.18% for 64 encounters comes out to about 12 Jades over the long term average per week so I assume anyone playing at that level for a year now won't see much value in any of the prizes anymore and anyone just getting at that level might. I can see if one has a low level ToR and perhaps does not complete 64 every week might expect what would be much rarer for them than to others to have better rewards though.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_Relics#Rare relic (jade)

You might want to recheck your math on that.

Level 80 gives 32.5% chance at a relic, with a 18.18% chance at Jade.
64 x .325 x .1818 = 3.78 per week average.

Agent327

I can get a store building in almost any event. I get them frequently at the end of level 4 in GE. I would prefer to get something different and new in a Jade Relic.

Strange reasoning. You get to the end of level 4 GE only once a week. You can get many more jade relics during that week.

wolfhoundtoo

Why are some of you picking on the semantics of the message? I don't care if he mentions the guild; the main point is that many of us would like to see better prizes in the Jade Relics. Keep arguing about how he has worded the message and Inno will never listen to the suggestion.

Would you like to see some DIFFERENT prizes in the RARE JADE RELICS? Why, yes! I would. Perhaps some prizes that you would rarely ever get any other way would be nice. I can get a store building in almost any event. I get them frequently at the end of level 4 in GE. I would prefer to get something different and new in a Jade Relic. It would be nice to be excited about getting a Jade Relic instead of thinking sarcastically, "Oh great! A Jade Relic. I wonder what it holds." For me, my favorite prize is the 100 fp gold relic, or even 200 goods is great. I'm pretty sick of Coleseum prints, BTW. Perhaps a NEW prize like 3 large fp packs would be nice. Or some old event building upgrades. Heck, let's be wild! How about some diamonds?

In summary... I would like to see some nice creative rewards in the Jade Relics that you can't normally get in other ways.

Age up. If you are 'tired' of getting colo blueprints from GE then you are either still in Iron Age (and likely camping) or you only remember the Colo BPs you get then. If you are camping that's the price you pay for your strategy and I see no reason Inno should change the rewards simply to boost your particular play style.

As for additional forge points of course everyone wants those. I presume Inno keeps the selection of prizes this way as some people do find the other prizes useful.