• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improve the Plundering Frequency

DeletedUser37734

Proposal
I propose an improvement to the plundering rules to prevent continuous consecutive plundering by players with highly advanced armies and massive point scores.

Current System
The current system allows anyone in the neighbourhood to attack anyone else regardless of the game point spread and subsequently the unreasonable relative strength of their armies. There simply is no way the targeted player can attack back.

Details
I propose to make the point spread a key factor in the frequency with which player may attack other players. If a player with a million+ points attacks a player more than 100000 points below them, they cannot attack for at least 2 days for every 100000 points (or part thereof) difference.

For example, it a player (A) with 1,800,000 points attacks a player (B) with 20,000 points, the earliest time that player A may attack again is in 36 days.

Abuse Prevention
This proposal is to address abuse in the current system.

Conclusion
The concept of plundering is a good one. Towns should be allowed to plunder other towns, as this has historical precedent. I like very much the idea you can plunder a neighbour but may only plunder finished goods from one production facility not taken up by the targeted player, even though that isn’t really historically likely.

However, allowing long-time players with huge scores and invincible armies to continually attack newbies with no defence and no way to retaliate on consecutive days is not in the spirit of the game. People can feel victimised under these circumstances and the game can become extremely hostile when it doesn’t need to be.

Occasional attacks by dominant players are OK and should be expected, but I think the game should ensure such attacks are, indeed, occasional.

Thanks for your attention.

DeletedUser35976

This is on the Do Not Suggest list:
upload_2018-12-27_4-7-19.png
This means inno does not plan on changing these things, and hence doesn't want to hear about it. You said the player plundered cannot counter attack. This is not true. At early levels 1 heavy seven rouges can beat pretty much everything. At later eras, you can obtain advanced troops from the continent map.

Mustapha00

Inno does not see the situation you describe as "abuse". Since it's their game and their rules and they have taken precisely zero steps in the three plus years I've played to bring any sort of balance to this issue, I wouldn't expect them to suddenly do so now.

Volodya

Inno does not see the situation you describe as "abuse". Since it's their game and their rules and they have taken precisely zero steps in the three plus years I've played to bring any sort of balance to this issue, I wouldn't expect them to suddenly do so now.
That's simply not true. The change to the neighborhood system implemented awhile back was an enormous step towards "balance." Imo it was a sufficient step as well.

DeletedUser37734

View attachment 11516
This means inno does not plan on changing these things, and hence doesn't want to hear about it. You said the player plundered cannot counter attack. This is not true. At early levels 1 heavy seven rouges can beat pretty much everything. At later eras, you can obtain advanced troops from the continent map.
Sorry. I didn't know there was a 'do not suggest' list.
I'm very disappointed that the current plundering abuse will be allowed to continue.

Volodya

Sorry. I didn't know there was a 'do not suggest' list.
I'm very disappointed that the current plundering abuse will be allowed to continue.
It won't change Inno's minds or policies, but you can reopen this discussion in Forge Hall and at least be within the rules of the forum. The DNSL only pertains to formal proposals in the Proposals section.

DeletedUser37734

Live with it!
Meh. I don't need to live with it. I can choose to leave this game and ensure others who may be interested are aware of the community of abusers who take pleasure exploiting a game flaw allowing unfettered plundering. :)

DeletedUser37734

It seems I broke a rule posting this as a suggestion to Inno. I was advised to try here, but I note the postings from other plunder abusers, so cue the outrage...:)

Proposal

I propose an improvement to the plundering rules to prevent continuous consecutive plundering by players with highly advanced armies and massive point scores.

Current System
The current system allows anyone in the neighbourhood to attack anyone else regardless of the game point spread and consequent unreasonable relative strength of their armies. There simply is no way the targeted player can attack back.

Details
I propose to make the point spread a key factor in the frequency with which player may attack other players. If a player with a million+ points attacks a player more than 100000 points below them, they cannot attack for at least 2 days for every 100000 points (or part thereof) difference.

For example, it a player (A) with 1,800,000 points attacks a player (B) with 20,000 points, the earliest time that player A may attack again is in 36 days.

Abuse Prevention
This proposal is to address abuse in the current system.

Conclusion
The concept of plundering is a good one. Towns should be allowed to plunder other towns, as this has historical precedent. I like very much the idea you can plunder a neighbour but may only plunder finished goods from one production facility not taken up by the targeted player, even though that isn’t really historically likely.

However, allowing long-time players with huge scores and invincible armies to continually attack newbies with no defence and no way to retaliate on consecutive days is not in the spirit of the game. People can feel victimised under these circumstances and the game can become extremely hostile when it doesn’t need to be.

Occasional attacks by dominant players are OK and should be expected, but I think the game should ensure such attacks are, indeed, occasional.

Thanks for your attention.

DeletedUser37734

View attachment 11516
Where can I get seven Rogues? One of my attackers is using Rogues with 121% extra attack boost and 90% extra defense. Where does all that come from?

Emberguard

Saw the title and thought you were going to ask for plunderers to have more options for plundering xD

If there were any changes to who can plunder what then I'd only make it based on attacking power, not points. Points mean very little as each lvl in a GB raises points as does each battle won. If we were to make the changes based on points alone then you would miss out on massive benefits of having advanced players in your hood. Namely their GBs and ability to get goods through them if you want to get advanced GBs and your own guild can't help you.

DeletedUser31440

The game already has a 24 hour limit allowing only one plunder. Along with that they provide tavern boosts that shield you from being able to be attacked. What you might find more useful would be to ask how do I protect my city from being plundered? You will get much better responses and help your city.

DeletedUser37734

Saw the title and thought you were going to ask for plunderers to have more options for plundering xD

If there were any changes to who can plunder what then I'd only make it based on attacking power, not points. Points mean very little as each lvl in a GB raises points as does each battle won. If we were to make the changes based on points alone then you would miss out on massive benefits of having advanced players in your hood. Namely their GBs and ability to get goods through them if you want to get advanced GBs and your own guild can't help you.
It seems I know very little about this game. All I want to do is Forge an Empire like it says in the ads. A little plundering and such is all well and good, but I didn't expect this to boil down to how big an army I can muster and how many players I can plunder.

Emberguard

Where can I get seven Rogues?
Events are the easiest place to get Rogues as Rogue Hideouts are available as Daily Specials as well as the occasional Grand Prize. You should be able to get at least 1 Rogue Hideout from the Grand Prizes if you complete all quests in the current event and open prizes. That'll provide 2 replenish-able rogues

The next easiest place to get rogues would be GE if you have a Temple of Relics. A lvl 3-5 ToR initially is sufficient for the output it gives. You won't get Rogues all the time, but occasionally it'll give upto 10 rogues

The other place for rogues is from obtaining the GB Alcatraz. It's a Progressive Era Great Building which determines its output based on the buildings you currently have in your city. So you;d need to buy the goods off another player as well as obtain Rogue Hideouts in order for the Alcatraz to start producing a regular supply of unattached Rogues. I'd recommend buying the goods before obtaining the BPs so you can bargain with the seller about placing the FPs used for buying onto the Alcatraz (this way you'd be searching for BPs at the same time as obtaining the goods)

Emberguard

It seems I know very little about this game. All I want to do is Forge an Empire like it says in the ads. A little plundering and such is all well and good, but I didn't expect this to boil down to how big an army I can muster and how many players I can plunder.
Plundering can be prevented :D

Also each attacker can only plunder one production once every 24 hrs. So if you find yourself struggling to prevent plundering altogether you can mitigate your losses by producing less more often. Two lots of 8 hrs would be the same or similar to one lot of 24 hrs - but the plunderer will only be able to take one finished production.

So if you're able to set your productions before going to bed and again in the morning - each to 8 hrs - then the total loss will be reduced compared to if you only ever use the largest production time and get plundered.

However. Given plunderers can only take finished productions some players prefer to put 24 hr productions and make sure they log in when those productions are due to finish. Providing you can log in when your productions finish then your attackers can never take a production from you.

Another option is the Tavern shield.
upload_2018-12-27_12-50-53.png

Make sure you do not confuse it with the Defender boost which only boosts your defending armies stats.

The Tavern shield will prevent any player from being able to attack for the duration of the shield. However I would only activate a shield after you have fully outfitted your tavern with all upgrades (16 seats, royal floor, gold plate, Red cloth etc). This will ensure maximum income for your tavern boosts. I'd also only go for the 48 or 72 hr boosts. Reason being the 24 hr won't really protect your city in any meaningful manner. If you do a 24hr boost it might as well be 5 mins if your attackers timezone has unfortunate timing for your boost.

Note: If anyone successfully attacks you prior to your shield going up they can still plunder once from 24hrs of their attack being successful. The shield only prevents further attacks and through the lack of attacks further plundering.

It seems I know very little about this game. [...] I didn't expect this to boil down to how big an army I can muster and how many players I can plunder.
A rich man once said (I'll be paraphrasing here) that top performers play an entirely different game from everyone else. That they're not really competing with everyone, only other top performers.

In a way, it's a similar thing here. Those that understand the game and its intricacies approach the game entirely differently from those that are still learning or want to approach it purely as a city building ignoring anything that has military aspects.

However there is a way to prevent plundering without the need of city shields or production timing. And that's understanding what buildings can or cannot be plundered

Plunderers cannot plunder:
  • Great Buildings
    • So get any GB that produces goods. Tower of Babel (don't get it for population specifically, only the goods - it's too little for the population aspect to be a useful for long)
    • Lighthouse of Alexandria - This is a "must have" in the great buildings. It produces both goods and a percentage increase of supplies on your production buildings. As such through the ages it retains its value as even without lvling it up further the output will increase when you update your supply buildings to current age.
    • Goods producing Great Buildings will produce current age goods and will rotate between each good of your age. Therefore they reduce the need to trade as you can gain the goods you don't have a boost on the continent map for
  • Motivated buildings!
    • Aid all your friends often and once you near capacity trim from your friend list those that don't aid back
    • You can send friend invites as long as you have less then 80 on your list
    • You can accept friend requests upto 140 friends
    • You can see who's aided you through the following:
      • Town Hall
      • Events
    • upload_2018-12-27_13-3-13.png
    • upload_2018-12-27_13-4-31.png
    • upload_2018-12-27_13-5-39.png
    • Aid everyone you seen in the event history as having aided you. This will cover upto 1 week of activity
    • Go through your friends list and dump anyone that still has a aid option. You can remove them on desktop by clicking on their name. Doing this periodically will open up your friendlist to players that will actually aid you back and so protect your city against plundering
    • upload_2018-12-27_13-10-56.png
    • upload_2018-12-27_13-12-35.png
    • Send a friend request to those that are consistent plunderers
      • You can't plunder friends or guild mates
    • Aid everyone in your neighbourhood.
      • Those that aid back would make good options to send friend requests. Neighbourhoods rotate every [few] week(s) so keeping those who aid regularly is a good strategy so you don't lose that supply of motivation for your city
    • Self Aid Kits
    • upload_2018-12-27_13-17-10.png
      • If you have something that you particularly don't want taken, self aid it. Plunderers can't take what you've already motivated.
      • I'd only do this on the absolute most valuable items in your city rather then everything.
      • Goods buildings can't be motivated, however special event buildings that produce goods can [the 24 hr kind. Special production buildings like the sleigh still can't be motivated].
  • Any Age Buildings!
    • Occasionally a event building will be released as Any Age. Not only do these never require upgrading with a one up/reno kit but they can't be plundered
    • Wishing wells and Victory Towers are examples of this. However I wouldn't be putting too many of these in your city as they're not as efficient as other buildings even if you get plundered.
    • Victory Towers are great though for placing on "dead ends" of roads where you can't place anything else because of the 1x1 size

Last edited:

DeletedUser8428

It seems I broke a rule posting this as a suggestion to Inno. I was advised to try here, but I note the postings from other plunder abusers, so cue the outrage...:)

Thanks for posting. Your best bet is to read the responses as they come in. You're about to get a ton of information about how to prevent plunder. You can't prevent attack. But YOU can prevent plunder. Pick up your goods on time! Don't leave them for someone who wants them. Can't log in every 4 hours? Then for heaven's sake, don't use the 4 hour timer. Set your stuff to pick every 8 or every 24.

There are plenty of things you can do and other, more eloquent players are about to tell you what those things are. Don't quit because you don't know how the game works - get an education and learn it. Ask a ton of questions and try out the answers.

Emberguard

@Gigaguy65 would you mind if I have a look at your city and then give advice on how it could be improved? Many players that complain about plundering also haven't got efficient cities. Sometimes even to the point where if they were improved they could get twice as much output from what they currently produce with a bit of rearranging of their city

Which while it won't stop plundering [on its own], would make any losses from plundering less of an issue if you can maximise your city output.

Last edited: