• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inactive players, when does FOE bump them?

Emberguard

LOL.....o_O your logic makes no sense to me. But I see it does to at least 4 others. Woo hoo! The agent has spoken....all knees shall bow.
No one’s bowing to Agent. The job of a Forge Point is to contribute progress towards something. That purpose has already been fulfilled. Fact is you contributed to a GB, and the reward for that is paid out upon the GB levelling. If it’s refunded then that‘s giving something back outside of the games set arrangement. There are times it’d be far more profitable to get your Forge Points returned than to get the reward. The reward is an entirely new generated set of Forge Points. Your old Forge Points effectively ceased to exist once contributed. Only the record of amount given was kept

IF the game had it solely as the city owner as the one building up the GB (no outside contributors), then you’d have a much higher chance of Inno changing the way contributions function for non-rule breach situations. But under current mechanics reversing a transaction doesn’t just effect one player. It effects a minimum of two players the moment there’s a outside contributor.

67Sage101

Your old Forge Points effectively ceased to exist once contributed. Only the record of amount given was kept

I feel like we are in a game of words. Forge points exist as binary digits in the game. When 1 CPU hour goes by a forge point is created from an electrical impulse deep in a logical NAND gate triggered by a piece of code that says add 1 to binary 0 and store that value in a variable called PlayerFP_bar_value. When I donate 1 FP to a GB, that digital 1 is subtracted from PlayerFP_bar_value and added to OtherPlayer_ARC_FP_Slot_1 and Contributor_Slot1 is updated to PlayerName.

Sure it's donated. I just wanted to be able to get the donation back if the player is inactive. After 6 months, subtract 1 FP from OtherPlayer_ARC_FP_Slot_1, remove name from Contributor_Slot1 and Add 1 to Player_Inventory_2FP_stack_count. Repeat for each donor. Seems simple enough.

Johnny B. Goode

Ever feel like your offering new and innovative ideas, and all anyone ever wants to do is ask why ? LOL. I can always count on JBG.
LOL. You think that this is new and innovative?!? ROFLMAO
Sure it's donated. I just wanted to be able to get the donation back if the player is inactive. After 6 months, subtract 1 FP from OtherPlayer_ARC_FP_Slot_1, remove name from Contributor_Slot1 and Add 1 to Player_Inventory_2FP_stack_count. Repeat for each donor. Seems simple enough.
Why do you think you should get it back if it's "donated"? You even admit it's donated. Talk about illogical.

67Sage101

Why do you think you should get it back if it's "donated"? You even admit it's donated. Talk about illogical.

I even admit it's donated. LOL. Ok you got me. Of course I see why it can be returned. Again a dance of words. A donation is a voluntary transfer of property from one to another. Since it was was just a binary 0 in a logic gate of course there was no property to be donated. Actually I can't technically donate a digital one, so the claim that it's a donation is flawed. It's a game generated binary transaction. Not a donation. Get it? LOL.

Emberguard

Sure it's donated. I just wanted to be able to get the donation back if the player is inactive.
Another players lack of action doesn’t give you claim to their city resources. Resource gain requires actively taking action or following through on something.

67Sage101

Well you could always level them up. Then they would go away. :)
I actually worked with the other 5 people on one like this with a lot of FP's invested (get it invested not donated). We each agreed to the amount over we would all contribute. We came up with a percentage over the ARC bonus and force leveled it without the player.

67Sage101

Another players lack of action doesn’t give you claim to their city resources. Resource gain requires actively taking action or following through on something.
See my reply to Ironrooster. How is that for taking action. LOL. The word gaming with you is exhausting...honestly. I even hesitate to ask how in the world we got from donation to "another players city resources"....that's no leap.

Emberguard

See my reply to Ironrooster. How is that for taking action. LOL. The word gaming with you is exhausting...honestly. I even hesitate to ask how in the world we got from donation to "another players city resources"....that's no leap.
Ok

I actually worked with the other 5 people on one like this with a lot of FP's invested (get it invested not donated). We each agreed to the amount over we would all contribute. We came up with a percentage over the ARC bonus and force leveled it without the player.
Great. So you took the initiative to use strategy to mitigate losses. That’s what gaming is. Using strategy to assess risk and adapting when things go wrong

67Sage101

Great. So you took the initiative to use strategy to mitigate losses. That’s what gaming is. Using strategy to assess risk and adapting when things go wrong

I thought the forum was partially for discussing things in the game we'd like to see changed or maybe enhancements that we think could be added. Or possibly existing game play that could be tweaked. But consistently, I bump heads with a lot of people that seem to be saying, "we like status-quo", "we don't see any need for changes within the game". I get you. You like the game fine the way it is. You see no issue with a GB donation tab that has things on it you donated to a year ago. Can you at least acknowledge that some of us out here don't like that? Am I allowed to not like a GB donation tab cluttered with people that quit playing the game? Or is that just NOT allowed.

Emberguard

Ok, I acknowledge you would like it changed.

How would you feel about a middle ground? Something that addresses the issue of clutter without changing game balance?

What do you think about a way to select donations, and then toggle on and off whether selected donations are shown on your contributions list. Your Forge Points would still be there, it just would allow you to control the visual display

Johnny B. Goode

Sure it's donated.
Actually I can't technically donate a digital one, so the claim that it's a donation is flawed.
Not a donation.
So it's donated, but it's not a donation. Got it. Your logic is flawless. I am in awe of it. Also:
Since it was was just a binary 0 in a logic gate of course there was no property to be donated.
So now it's not a donation because it's not "property", but you want it returned because it's "yours". How can it be yours if it isn't property? Your logic is dizzying...and I don't mean that as a compliment.
Am I allowed to not like a GB donation tab cluttered with people that quit playing the game?
Sure, you're allowed to not like it. You're just not allowed to get your donation back once it's made. If you just said you didn't like it, this discussion would have been very short. But you want it back, so it goes on.

67Sage101

Change your name to wordplay. That's you. Playing with words. Imagine a person who actually tries not to understand everything you write. Exhausting.

67Sage101

Ok, I acknowledge you would like it changed.

How would you feel about a middle ground? Something that addresses the issue of clutter without changing game balance?

What do you think about a way to select donations, and then toggle on and off whether selected donations are shown on your contributions list. Your Forge Points would still be there, it just would allow you to control the visual display

I don't understand the game balance issue you refer to. I need further clarification on how it would change the game balance if a GB that has been dormant for 1 year, suddenly had zero FP applied to it's level because all FP's had been returned to both the owner and all 1 to 5 people that contributed.

Last edited by a moderator:

67Sage101

Since it doesn't affect my game to have those GBs stuck in limbo (yes I have some too) I don't care about that point. Since Foe works pretty well, and is a fun game... Why would I get my panties in a bunch over the trivial wastelands left hanging? As to why they leave them Guessing is not productive IMO.
Speaking of panties in a bunch....if I find them laying on the floor I pick them up and throw them in the laundry. My kids would just walk over them for days and never pick them up. That's how I see this forum. There are people here that think the current game version is perfect and is in no need of changes. They are like my kids that won't acknowledge panties on the floor nor a pile of dishes in the sink. But that doesn't mean that nothing could be done. Quite the contrary. A programmer could change what we are talking about and it would come out as version.xxx. On that day you would start arguing with another poster about how it's fine the way it is, and why should we change it, and forget about it...it's not worth the fuss....

Oh...here we are.....

Emberguard

I don't understand the game balance issue you refer to. I need further clarification on how it would change the game balance if a GB that has been dormant for 1 year, suddenly had zero FP applied to it's level because all FP's had been returned to both the owner and all 1 to 5 people that contributed
It changes your income stream. That in turn changes your rate of growth. There’s bound to be players with enough sitting on inactive GBs to have hyper levelled several GBs if returned or invested in their own GBs instead. Effectively you’re asking to be able to never lose on a investment

Johnny B. Goode

That are people here that think the current game version is perfect and is in no need of changes.
No, that has been said by nobody here. Nobody. In none of the discussions of any suggested changes have I ever seen ANYONE say that they think the current game version is perfect. In almost 7 years. Nobody. And I've got FP sitting on GBs that have been there for over 5 years. But I learned right off the bat that donations of Forge Points were just that...donations. You don't get donations back. Even in the real world, you don't get donations back. Just give it up already. They're gone. Live with it.

67Sage101

I know. That doesn’t change what I said in regards to the contributors on that GB. It changes the numbers.
I really would like you to expand on this. I don't see your point. I'm looking at a GB in the situation being discussed. It's a Hagia Sophia at level 6 going to 7. It has two donors and NO FP's put on by the owner. I have 37 on. Another player has 1. That's it. The player has quit the game and no one else has donated to the GB in a year. What would be the issue if I got 37 back and the other player got 1 back?

67Sage101

It changes your income stream. That in turn changes your rate of growth. There’s bound to be players with enough sitting on inactive GBs to have hyper levelled several GBs if returned or invested in their own GBs instead. Effectively you’re asking to be able to never lose on a investment

I guess I don't know how many players have put on 1000 FP to a GB where the player has quit, but I do know that some high level players have dropped out so I see your point that it could be thousands of FP. I see no issue with getting back what you had in the first place. In reality, this only slows player progress. If I had saved up 1000FP and put it on player that went in active, it would take me a LONG time to recover those FP. Far from being an income stream, it's a refund on income already earned, not new income.