• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno Doesnt Care, dont bother proposing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Noob

I wanted to pass on the feedback that I received from Inno. Over 9 months ago another player and myself proposed several great ideas (5 total). They were voted on and passed by a landslide. 9 months later, nothing is implemented and there are no plans to implement them.

Inno doesnt care about us players or our ideas and we are all fooling ourselves and wasting our time trying to get useful changes implemented. We have all been fooled by this process because they simply dont care if it doesnt make them more money. Sadly, its not that they dont care but that they PRETEND to care that bothers me the most. They ask for feedback, and we jump through their hoops, only for them to ignore us and 9 months later say nothing is in the works and "maybe" it will be implemented. Stop wasting your time people, Inno is NOT LISTENING.

Why they cant simply put rogues into their own tab on the Army Management Screen is beyond me but it shows they simply dont take us our our ideas seriously. They are ignoring us, stop wasting your time.

DeletedUser28503

inno them lousy guys dont giv a care

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

Sticky has guidelines on proper proposal format. I'll move this to forge hall in the meantime.

Da Noob

It wont get as many views there. This is where people who are affected by this issue are Dursland. Moving it takes it out of their sight...

DeletedUser26120

Edit the first post to follow proposal guidelines and I'll move it back.

Algona

Yeah, INNO never listens. It's a coincidence they after all the requests to offer alternate costs for Event Quests INNO did so. Or that after eeveryon asked for a revamp of GE prizes they did so. Or is changng RQs. Or changed the GB interface. Or changed the Tavern seating Icons.. Or added Sets as Event Prizes.

Edit the first post to follow proposal guidelines and I'll move it back.

Proposal Guidelines

• Idea needs to be about the game, not how the forum or support works.

Da Noob

Algona, you missed the bus entirely. Look at the top of page 2 of the Submitted proposals. October 2016, 716 views. See submitted page 2, half way down, December 5th. 92% passing vote.

Read those then tell me what you think. Rogues get their own tab in the Army Management Screen. Before dismissing me, read what I wrote and Ill talk to you.

DeletedUser26154

Algona, you missed the bus entirely.

I'm your Debate Opponent now.

images (1).png

Just because Inno doesn't take your proposals...
Does not mean they don't take any proposals.
There's a lot of Chaff to separate from the Wheat.
What seems like a Great Idea to us, might not work in Reality.

They can't do things that will make them bankrupt, obviously.
Nor can they customize the quests because you want to camp in Bronze Age.
Inno can only do things one way, and that's it.
Their choices must work for the Great Majority.

These are 4 of the many things Inno has to do when making decisions:

1. Make money and keep the business open, or Forge of Empires shuts down. Plain and Simple.
2. Make us happy, or they get no money. [See 1.]
3. What they do, has to fit in with future plans, whether they are planned in advance or not.
4. Not do something Stupid.

4. is a hell of a lot harder than you think.

mean ponies.png

And I know that from Personal Experience.

qaccy

You may have missed the part of the proposal process that points out that the developers have no obligation whatsoever to implement any proposal that actually gets submitted to them. The final say is and always has been with them, and we as players tend to miss the 'big picture' when it comes to game design, or maybe even don't understand at all what it may take to implement any suggested changes.

Let's take that rogue proposal as an example of why players tend to not think things through entirely. Why would rogues get their own tab? They're not the only ageless units, so mechanically speaking drummers and color guards should be included as well. Players missed that though, because they only see what THEY want rather than thinking about the game as a whole. In addition, the army window itself needs a total rework to address the issues that present themselves when one has many ages of troops present before they can start looking at things such as specific tabs for individual or special units.

DeletedUser

"Everybody running this company needs to shove everything else aside and pay attention to meeeee! I pulled five whole suggestions out of my hat -- at the same time as dozens of other people were pulling suggestions out of their hats -- and they were totally super-awesome because a couple of random strangers on an Internet forum said so! But the company didn't pay any attention to meeeee! And I know I'm breaking the formatting rules right now and I've been called out on it twice -- once by a forum moderator -- but it doesn't matter, because if I don't break the rules people on this forum might not pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

PS: Also I'm totally lying about coming up with five suggestions, I haven't even come up with one, this is literally the only thread I've ever made, but I'm allowed to steal credit for other people's ideas as long as people pay attention to meeeee."

Inno isn't here to stroke your ego. And neither is this forum.

Da Noob

I love how everyone is defending Inno. Since Dec 2016, 21 proposals have been submitted. Zero have been implemented. I agree not every single one is good, but to suggest that not a single one of them is worthless is just absurd. Im not suggesting every idea I have is a diamond. What Im saying is they are not listening to us or implementing our ideas.

The recent update was not a response to our requests. There were no proposals for those changes. These were INTERNAL changes THEY wanted to make. My premise is and remains they do not care what we think and we are all wasting our time with this farce called Proposals. It is insulting and disenfranchising for them to say they want our input when we do exactly what they request and they ignore it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

When was the last time they actually implemented a players proposal? How long is reasonable to implement a valid submission? We are all being played for fools, Im trying to show everyone whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.