• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is building CF in Iron Age worth it?

DeletedUser38090

I just got all my prints for my CF in a world, and getting a goods deal, but I am doing less than 20 RQs a day (outside of UBQ and FP spend quests) for this city design, so is having CF worth it with all of the space that it takes up in a small IA city? Is having a CF a no-brainer in this case?

Emberguard

If you're staying in Iron Age, lvl'ing it up, willing to do RQs each day - then absolutely. It will never be more efficient then in a IA city as far as resource needed for unbirthday RQs to lvl ratio goes. A friend did and got at least half a million goods from RQs over a year while lvl'ing their CF (I know because of the guild treasury). But that was with a lot more then just 20 RQs a day and it was with getting it to a high lvl.

If you're planning on getting the CF later anyway then there's no reason you couldn't build it now as long as there's nothing better to put down.

DeletedUser33179

That's a question only you can answer.

You obviously think it is worth it, as you've stated in other threads your hard work/time invested in ensuring you could get the CF bps & goods by your 3rd week of play & that you're also busy getting Inno Tower as rapidly as you can.

you've documented in great detail over the past 2-3 weeks your city plans, development, projected incomes & short term goals. This is by no means a bad thing at all. Yet, it begs the question of why you need to ask something's worth when you already decided you wanted it & have obtained everything necessary to build it?

You apparently have a clear, detailed idea of what/when you want to play your game. If CF (or any other GB) fits your playstyle, the build it when it makes sense to you to build it. After the fact, if you decide you maybe built something a bit earlier than you actually needed to... well, there no harm done really. Play & learn.

RazorbackPirate

You obviously think it is worth it, as you've stated in other threads your hard work/time invested in ensuring you could get the CF bps & goods by your 3rd week of play & that you're also busy getting Inno Tower as rapidly as you can.

You've documented in great detail over the past 2-3 weeks your city plans, development, projected incomes & short term goals. This is by no means a bad thing at all. Yet, it begs the question of why you need to ask something's worth when you already decided you wanted it & have obtained everything necessary to build it?

You apparently have a clear, detailed idea of what/when you want to play your game. If CF (or any other GB) fits your playstyle, the build it when it makes sense to you to build it. After the fact, if you decide you maybe built something a bit earlier than you actually needed to... well, there no harm done really. Play & learn.
@Clara Osgood is getting close here, but to me, not quite hitting the mark. @MandyTheAlabastard is no longer coming here seeking answers, she's asking questions as a poorly veiled brag.

Woo hoo! Go @MandyTheAlabastard! You chased down and bought all the goods to build CF within your first week of Iron Age. You must be the bestest FoE player ever! We all bow to your greatness. I doubt any of us could achieve half your greatness following the many guides and copious advice of the many players who've come before you. Who can be like you, oh great Alabastard god.

We got it. You know how to play the game. Guess what? So do we.

DeletedUser38090

That's my city on E though, where I can do a decent number of RQ's a day (outside of UBQs and spend FP) with that particular design so CF is a no-brainer.

Yet, it begs the question of why you need to ask something's worth when you already decided you wanted it & have obtained everything necessary to build it?

This question was meant to be for my K city, where I have a different playstyle there and can barely muster 20 RQs on a good day. I've talked to some people on the FoE Wikia Discord who told me that using a CF in IA is a waste of space and I should age up to HMA, where it's possible to do more RQs and thus get a more substantial benefit than being in IA. Now with that conversation in mind, I have some serious doubts about building a CF now, but I was hoping to hear about everybody's thoughts on the forums on getting it there. Heck, right now I'm struggling on deciding if I should push to HMA or stay in IA and get the CF to level 6.

You apparently have a clear, detailed idea of what/when you want to play your game.

Not the case on my K town. I've been struggling with deciding if I should plant the CF in Iron, or in HMA. Part of me regrets that I've wasted time and fp's early in the game to get the CF prints as soon as possible when I could have just guild hopped for the next couple of weeks as I progress through the tech tree until I get into HMA, and have the CF ready there.

After the fact, if you decide you maybe built something a bit earlier than you actually needed to... well, there no harm done really.

I'm already on the fence now with the decision of building the SMB in Bronze on K, as now I'm swimming in a bunch of coins, and not enough supplies to allow for lots of UBQs. I've probably lost some space that could be better off used for RQs or something, but part of me does not want to delete it because the goods were graciously traded down to me by a very generous player.

@MandyTheAlabastard is no longer coming here seeking answers, she's asking questions as a poorly veiled brag.

I'm not trying to make this come off as a brag. Like I've said earlier in this post, I'm already beginning to regret the decision of building some GBs too early so their use is not maximized, and I'm questioning on whether the space that a CF takes is better off used somewhere else if I only do a small number of RQs a day. You guys have a metric heck ton more experience than me, which is why I am asking for help.

We got it. You know how to play the game.

Except I don't? If I knew how to play this game, then why would I ask about if Iron Age is a good age to drop my CF? I haven't even done GvG or GE yet, both things I assume are a huge part to the FoE experience. I haven't even experienced the Middle Ages.

DreadfulCadillac

That's my city on E though, where I can do a decent number of RQ's a day (outside of UBQs and spend FP) with that particular design so CF is a no-brainer.

This question was meant to be for my K city, where I have a different playstyle there and can barely muster 20 RQs on a good day. I've talked to some people on the FoE Wikia Discord who told me that using a CF in IA is a waste of space and I should age up to HMA, where it's possible to do more RQs and thus get a more substantial benefit than being in IA. Now with that conversation in mind, I have some serious doubts about building a CF now, but I was hoping to hear about everybody's thoughts on the forums on getting it there. Heck, right now I'm struggling on deciding if I should push to HMA or stay in IA and get the CF to level 6.

Not the case on my K town. I've been struggling with deciding if I should plant the CF in Iron, or in HMA. Part of me regrets that I've wasted time and fp's early in the game to get the CF prints as soon as possible when I could have just guild hopped for the next couple of weeks as I progress through the tech tree until I get into HMA, and have the CF ready there.

I'm already on the fence now with the decision of building the SMB in Bronze on K, as now I'm swimming in a bunch of coins, and not enough supplies to allow for lots of UBQs. I've probably lost some space that could be better off used for RQs or something, but part of me does not want to delete it because the goods were graciously traded down to me by a very generous player.

I'm not trying to make this come off as a brag. Like I've said earlier in this post, I'm already beginning to regret the decision of building some GBs too early so their use is not maximized, and I'm questioning on whether the space that a CF takes is better off used somewhere else if I only do a small number of RQs a day. You guys have a metric heck ton more experience than me, which is why I am asking for help.

Except I don't? If I knew how to play this game, then why would I ask about if Iron Age is a good age to drop my CF? I haven't even done GvG or GE yet, both things I assume are a huge part to the FoE experience. I haven't even experienced the Middle Ages.
ohh im camping in HMA for the rest of the year..its a GREAT AGE!..better then ba, because the alcy RQS may be a bigger size by 2 squares, but u can also do gvg, ge, and have alot of room:)

Snarko

You have a CF in another IA city? Level that one. Stay in iron age in that city. If you work on it in a not too distant future you will be able to do so many quests you don't want to quest on other worlds because time won't let you.

I have CF in all my three cities and I only play one of them, at all, because I can quest all day long. I don't have time to play the other cities anymore and certainly not to quest there!

At lower levels CF is better in HMA (more space and alchemists). At higher levels it is better in IA (better ubq ratio). If I had known what I know now when I started I would not have left IA.

Agent327

You guys have a metric heck ton more experience than me, which is why I am asking for help.

I seriously doubt that. Your newbie questions are not really new and you keep defending yourself like crazy.

Except I don't? If I knew how to play this game, then why would I ask about if Iron Age is a good age to drop my CF?

Cause it looks mighty interesting?

I haven't even done GvG or GE yet, both things I assume are a huge part to the FoE experience. I haven't even experienced the Middle Ages.

At least you got all the terms right, so you already got that part of the experience.

My advice remains the same. Try it and you know.

DeletedUser33179

I just checked your E & K cities in an attempt to figure out why you state such a disparity between the two in daily RQs now that your in IA -- E where note you do a "decent number" & K where you can "barely muster 20".

Right now in IA, you can't possibly be generating more than 2-4 recurring quests (of any kind) in total daily in either city - aside from your GBs (zeus/LOA/oracle & SMB/oracle) you still have all Bronze Age buildings. I've no idea where you're getting your current numbers/etc or what your chosen playstyles are, in actuality, looking like currently.

Edit: just noticed that I didn't include that LOA is also in the SMB/oracle city

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33179

@Clara Osgood there's also guild hopping as a possible coin gathering RQ

Yes, that is a source - but would have to be doing a massive amount of it for hours to remotely come close to what Mandy is stating, as there's nothing else of substance to help in the IA cities.

As they currently stand, neither of the 2 cities themselves can possibly be generating enough coins or supplies to do more than a tiny few RQs at best. The coin/supply boosts from LOA & SMB won't add up to much on BA buildings for IA collect coins/supplies RQs. No fp generation beyond the daily hourly freebies other than 1 SOK in one city.

Mandy is looking for feedback on his/her city choices/playstyles, but is giving inaccurate info about the current status/development of those cities. How can we give good feedback/advice that way if our assumptions are incorrect? How can anyone be sure that Mandy hadn't accidentally miscounted projected income/etc from RQs to begin with (which is rather important to deciding if CF is a good fit)?

UBERhelp1

@MandyTheAlabastard I can't find it, but there is a thread somewhere on this forum about using CF as a perpetual motion machine, and in IA it would have to be at level 72 or 73. If you can get it up that high in IA, you are pretty much set.

Of course, that most likely means an Arc being leveled as well to get the prints, but IDK. It depends how long you plan on staying in IA.

Algona

is having CF worth it with all of the space that it takes up in a small IA city?

I'll answer this question after some emminently skippable non-Settlement wool gathering.

Way beack when I started, I didn't know about the power of the Dark Side, err, I mean RQs. I durdled through a year or so, and for other reasons camped in ProgE for a year.

Note this was pre GE, WWs were scarce as hens teeth, and while I had a few WWs, almost all Diamonds I got were from Quests. 20 Diamonds? That;s a huge payoff! Every Era there are lots of Side and Story Quests paying Diamonds. And those historic Events with random payouts with more Diamonds. Oh, yeah!

This Chateau thingamajig gives more free Diamonds? Sign me \up!

Hmmm. Those Recurring Quests. I'm getting more stuff from those since I built the Chateau, Nice! I wonder if anyone else had thought of this. What;s this? Cosmic Raven;s Epic HQS Guide. Note the first non-CR post in that thread. Typo and all, sorry Glarg.

i didn't dive into the cult, but i did take what CR said to heart, including something I didn't know:

RQs pay off in Diamonds.

I'm in ProgE and have blown through a lot of Eras and missed out on hundreds of free Diamonds.

Fast forward to starting the second city. I put up Chateau fast, not in IA , but that was my mistake. Diamond harvesting was and is a goal in that city, and Chateaus is a major part. The result? Every Era I paid for a Diamond Expansion with the Chateau and got countless Resources. GE provides even more Diamonds, but Chateaus more then holds it's own, including helping providing Goods needed for GE.

Any Guildie who asks about Chateau, I ask two questions. Do you want free Diamonds? Do you plan on framing RQs even a little? The answers to those two questions are also the answer to building Chateau.

Answer to the question, should you build Chateau in IA?

Yes.

Chateau pays for it's own space in Diamond Expansions and then keeps on giving. The longer you wait to build Chateau the more Diamonds you miss getting. Throw in farming RQs even a little past collecting the Diamonds and it is a no brainer.

DeletedUser38090

I just checked your E & K cities in an attempt to figure out why you state such a disparity between the two in daily RQs now that your in IA -- E where note you do a "decent number" & K where you can "barely muster 20".
I should have probably stated "will do" instead "can do", since what I am talking about is a future city redesign. I can't do it right now without CF and Inno levelled up to 6. Here's what I am planning on doing on E for a frame of reference, which I've designed to fulfill the 2 archers, 2 legionnaires RQ.
zC9M4bi.png

And this town is the one that I'm doing calculations on and requires me to have Inno.

On K, I am planning on having this:

VKwS8nr.png

City planner also glitches out the butchers, so here's a better look.
gBZ4Gxb.png

Now the layout with CF:
OCT23pj.png

Now I think with those two designs shown and different playstyles in each, you can tell why I'm debating over putting the CF down in K. With the K city ~design, I'm getting only 9-10 RQs from the butchers, and maybe 6-7 RQs from my cottages, depending on how much aid I get.

I seriously doubt that.
How about the time you corrected me on scouting a province?

I can't find it, but there is a thread somewhere on this forum about using CF as a perpetual motion machine, and in IA it would have to be at level 72 or 73. If you can get it up that high in IA, you are pretty much set.

Sounds like a very interesting idea, but I don't think I have the patience to cycle through those quests for a long time.

Mandy is looking for feedback on his/her city choices/playstyles, but is giving inaccurate info about the current status/development of those cities. How can we give good feedback/advice that way if our assumptions are incorrect? How can anyone be sure that Mandy hadn't accidentally miscounted projected income/etc from RQs to begin with (which is rather important to deciding if CF is a good fit)?

Well now you know with this post.

DeletedUser32824

I have a lvl 70 CF on my O world (LMA). I don't have one on my W world where I do wishing wells and events(also LMA). For me it's about time. I don't want to spend the time on W doing re-quests and even stopped doing like 5 of them in IA when I would do my collections. If you have multiple cities I would suggest doing the CF strat in your main city since it requires a big investment of time.

Edit: I see you are doing 2 cities concurrently. Looking at your pictures and using the advice above I would say don't build the CF. Just enjoy a city without the tedium of re-questing.

Also, in O I collect over 700k coins per day from like 10 event buildings and 50 SOKs and 6 SSWs. I used to do fnords for all of those and I don't anymore. There is nothing like just swiping your hand over your city and not having your collection take 25 minutes. Now I just do unbirthdays and ryeleh.

DeletedUser33179

@MandyTheAlabastard

The problem with keeping your plans only hypothetical/calculations & not actually playing/developing the IA cities while your learning/planning is that you've become overly fixated on numbers and advanced GBs. It's to the point you're forgetting about all you have available to you now.

Referring to your K world plans, you seem to want to do different style of RQs than the other world. Yes, CF would be of benefit if doing even moderate amount of any RQs. If I'm understanding you correctly, you want CF in that city now but are concerned about space & decreased #RQs by doing so.

But you have more space available in K than you're planning on, as you aren't optimizing it as well as you could. Some suggestions to consider:

1- Population needs
- Build Babel now & start leveling it, you must have pop GB of some sort while going thru the Ages. Then you can get rid of some cottages to free up space
- Are you going to be able to complete Carnival (hopefully without diamonds)? If so, by paying attention to which chests you should pick for best overall return you should be able to at least win a full level 1 set. That'll give you 270 population.
- You can go for Inno early instead, but it's not really necessary yet with your design. Babel can suffice for at least 3-4 Ages (especially if winning more pop event buildings). Replace it with more advanced Age GB down the road when you outgrow it

2- Happiness needs
- that level 1 Carnival set gives you 960 happiness. Add that to IA roads happiness & you should be able to get rid of all other happiness buildings - public bath & arch & Oracle. Don't rely on that GB for your happy with so many Event buildings providing so much more in a smaller space (you may even win one, like the small venice canal in this event). Again, some extra space avaiable

3- your plans for K world appears to show 2 less expansions than your other world, which may be skewing your numbers too

You should be able to fit CF (& perhaps 1-2 more butchers) + carnival set without losing more RQs due to what space those 2 things require.

You will get much more out of RQs in some Ages vs others. Production building size is one key factor (for that collect x2 RQ). Should you then wait until you get to what you decide is the 1st very desirable Age to build CF? Your choice depending on your goals of play. Also consider if you'd like to have CF bit early to begin leveling it so when you reach that Age it immediately is making a much bigger impact than it would otherwise.

Edit: Forgot suggestion #4 - city layout
- You can improve yours to free up bit more space too. study this pic (I copied it from CRs Heavy Recurring Quest guide) for some good ideas. Especially note how 3 large GBs can be attached to the townhall via only a single road piece

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

How about the time you corrected me on scouting a province?

Funny you mention that. I corrected the first part of your sentence. In the second part you got it right, so what I corrected wasn't game related, but language related.

I still think you are absolutely fake when it comes to being new.

Mustapha00

Two GBs that, if I ever give into Temptation (again!) and start (yet) another World, I'll want to build early on and level would be Chateau Fronty-thingie and Dynamic Tower. What's not to like about multiplying the rewards from questing and getting Goods many Ages beyond your own simply by filling your Friends List and joining a large Guild?