• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Is it possible to choose what units you want from Alcatraz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Unfinished buildings should never provide utility of any kind. It's why it's under construction in the first place.

I'd call it a powercreep targeted towards heavy Diamond spenders so they spend more for the CSMs and Rotundas
It’s no different from sets though. The disconnected building provides nothing, the connected building checks how many neighbours it has and produces based on that
32B72489-B960-48FC-BA29-491BB6108161.jpeg

Vger

Unfinished buildings should never provide utility of any kind.
Clearly, INNO doesn't agree with that. Traz isn't the only example. It's a quirk. This game is full of quirks. Not worth going of the rails about them.

I'd call it a powercreep targeted towards heavy Diamond spenders so they spend more for the CSMs and Rotundas
No clue how you got from traz and unfinished buildings to power creep and Rotundas. You obviously think on a higher different plane than the rest of us.

DevaCat

Unfinished buildings should never provide utility of any kind. It's why it's under construction in the first place.

That the barracks is unfinished is irrelevant -- no units need be produced there. Alcatraz produces the units. A barracks under construction is its utility -- to the Traz. Your opinions are your own, and largely unshared.

Plain Red Justice

It's a quirk. This game is full of quirks.
Go ahead and name another bug on the same level as this that still exists. I'll wait

It’s no different from sets though. The disconnected building provides nothing, the connected building checks how many neighbours it has and produces based on that
Nice work noticing another bug. Thankfully it has no impact for the majority of players since it only affects daily collection; I'm a fan of daily collections and all but it's quite cute compared to an Arc and most especially a necessary feature to do GBG checkers so nobody really complains about that bug

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Given the amount of time it takes to build a barracks in later ages, I would consider this to be the design intent. Something Inno did deliberately to make it easier to get the units you want. If this behavior was not what they intended, they've had more than ample time to fix it, yet they haven't. Tom me that means it's working as intended.

DevaCat

Go ahead and name another bug on the same level as this that still exists. I'll wait

Nice work noticing another bug. Thankfully it has no impact for the majority of players since it only affects daily collection; I'm a fan of daily collections and all but it's quite cute compared to an Arc and most especially a necessary feature to do GBG checkers so nobody really complains about that bug
You still don't get it. It's not a bug.

I have a Traz. I have space for a barracks. I spend what it costs for the barracks, and place it. I don't care if it's unfinished or unconnected to a road. I didn't build it to produce a single unit, ever. The Traz wants a barracks in the city in order to produce units of that type. It does not require completed barracks nor connected ones. By buying and placing that barracks, the condition is met and Traz functions as intended.

Not bug. Is feature. Savvy? And nothing to do with checkers.

Emberguard

A bug is only a bug if it’s not what was intended for it to do. If the designers want a building to be able to produce based on what’s present regardless of the state of those factors, then it’s working the way it should. If they want the defining factors to have additional conditions such as the buildings it’s checking for to also be in a functional state then you’d be right about it being a bug.

But if that were the case then the bug likely wouldn’t start and stop at whether it’s constructed, it’d be far more likely to also require military buildings to be connected to a road (it doesn’t and isn’t a bug)

Emberguard

Thankfully it has no impact for the majority of players since it only affects daily collection;
Not entirely correct, it also allows boosts to remain in disconnected set pieces.

Edit:
Testing on Statue of Honour this behaviour also works for road to victory defence boost when SoH is disconnected. No idea on whether this part of connected buildings functionality is intended, but it’s there.

Edit (2):
Thinking it may have something to do with the logic behind how Alcatraz interacts with military buildings. Maybe buildings providing a bonus to other buildings give permanent bonuses while the road is only needed for actually collecting. It would explain why things like Piazza Clock Tower only lose the base production of happiness while disconnected and the end pieces of the Hippodrome don’t keep their own boosts when disconnected, only the middle piece boosts

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Neither is a bug, but you can fulfill quests that require building certain types of buildings just by starting them whether or not they have a proper road connection. In other words, they are placed but construction never actually starts, yet they still count for quest completion.

Plain Red Justice

Neither is a bug, but you can fulfill quests that require building certain types of buildings just by starting them whether or not they have a proper road connection. In other words, they are placed but construction never actually starts, yet they still count for quest completion.
That is another one alright but I'm looking for high impact bugs comparable to making a hundred rogues/heavies/arts on a whim with a Traz 100. What you mentioned is like a fruit fly, it doesn't do much even if you ignore it. I'm looking for Cockroaches actually

Something like Chain trading. Where you can have 1 (one) marble and turn it into 10000 SAABs within a few minutes of clicking with a guildmate

Last edited:

DeletedUser

That is another one alright but I'm looking for high impact bugs comparable to making a hundred rogues/heavies/arts on a whim with a Traz 100. What you mentioned is like a fruit fly, it doesn't do much even if you ignore it. I'm looking for Cockroaches actually

Something like Chain trading. Where you can have 1 (one) marble and turn it into 10000 SAABs within a few minutes of clicking with a guildmate
Ah, so you're another one of those. Ask for a response and then dismiss it because it conflicts with your pre-determined viewpoint. Duly noted. I'll ignore any other bogus requests for game knowledge from you.

Emberguard

That is another one alright but I'm looking for high impact bugs comparable to making a hundred rogues/heavies/arts on a whim with a Traz 100.
I'm not so sure you can call something high impact if it requires reaching Lvl 100. By that point whatever you have is supposed to have a high output. If it were truly high impact you'd see the effects much sooner, or should we start calling the Arc at lvl 80 a bug?

Plain Red Justice

I'm not so sure you can call something high impact if it requires reaching Lvl 100.
Well, make it 50 specific units on a whim then. That's still big but that isn't really the point. It's making so much units when it isn't supposed to be, that's why I call it a bug. An intentional one that is

I don't know if you have noticed Emberguard but red herrings and strawmen simply doesn't work on me so let's not make our posts too long for no reason xd

Emberguard

It's making so much units when it isn't supposed to be, that's why I call it a bug. An intentional one that is
Alcatraz collecting units isn't a bug. The only point of contention would be whether it's possible for a disconnected building to provide its bonus to another building while disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.