• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is the Chateau worth it?

time4coffee

I keep hearing that the Chateau is a must have if you do a lot of quests, the only ones I abort are the constant quests to build items, , but is it worth it if it doesn't boost FPs or daily tasks? I have have all the BL prints and goods without trying and I wonder if I should bother. I can see its use when you get a diamond challenge but those are few and far between.

Except for diamonds, do those benefits make that much of a difference. And now I'm talking at most a level 10, not what it will be at level 80 or even level 30. My Arc is <20 levels, so I have time for that later.

ExtraMile

If you still have goods buildings in your city, then a moderately leveled Chateau would enable you to delete them and build FP producing or attack boosting buildings instead (provided you can do enough quests). But does this make it worth it FP wise? Well it sort of depends on what buildings you would build in place of the goods buildings the Chateau would allow you to remove (and the level the CF needs to be at to replace them). It also depends on whether or not you even have any goods buildings, because if you already get your entire goods production from FP producing event buildings, then you really wouldn’t benefit from deleting anything (because your space is already filled with FP producing buildings).

Another thing to consider is your age. If you are in a lower age, the excess goods the CF produces are essentially worthless. But if you are in a higher era, the you can sell those goods for FP. You may be thinking that you could burn through the excess goods in GBG (and get lots FP from that), and while you definitely could, this won’t offer the amount of FP you would think. If you are already fighting or negotiating to your “attrition cap” each day the amount of goods you would burn per negotiation at that point is so high that even with a stash of 1000 of each good or more, you would burn through most of your stash before you got a substantial amount of FP. While this is still the best way to use up useless goods, the return on investment isn’t close to high enough to justify building a great building just to do this.

Also, the best way to use the CF is by having a level 80 arc and doing the “spend FPs” recurring quest when you contribute in your guild’s 1.9 thread. This is essentially how a player can do “endless” recurring quests and the CF will drastically increase the goods you make from this. Since your arc isn’t at level 80 yet, this wouldn’t be an option to you. And this is exactly the reason why, even if you have loads of goods buildings you could otherwise remove, or are in a higher era and could sell the goods for FP, I would never recommend a CF to a player who doesn’t already have a level 80 arc. Reason being, you just wouldn’t be able to fully take advantage of it and your FP is better spent on other things (your arc for example).

Jern2017

It depends on how you intend to play the game. I will never build the CF. I hate recurring quests and I have no need for goods as I'm a fighter. If you negotiate a lot in GE and GBG though, the CF is a must, otherwise you'll be constantly running out of goods.

RazorbackPirate

To make a proper decision, you need to understand Recurring Quests and how to use them to milk the system for rewards. I recommend this guide.
Understanding and implementing these principles revolutionized my game. Because of it, I believe the Arc and CF are the two most powerful buildings in the game.

However, if you don't invest in other's GBs for profit, and don't do RQs, neither are worth the space or FPs they consume.

Cured Meat

Just like Razor said, if you understand how to utilize Recurring Quests during collections you get that CF as high as possible. You wont need Goods Buildings if you raise a CF to Level 60, obviously the higher the better duh (thats for the trolls who will follow lol) , at level 60 you get 25 Goods as a reward from recurring quests (and any other quest of course)... so do the math, for argument sake lets say you only do 4 recurring quests per collection...im using a low number just to show you the benefit, but lets say you get lucky and all 4 rewards goods. Boom there's 100 goods. That would take space and what 5 days if you planted 1 goods building, assuming you do 2 8-hour cook times. The additional bonus is you can even get a Good that you don't have a Goods Building matching goods benefit x2. So everyone should have a CF no matter how you play, exactly what Razor said, ARC and CF are game changers, along with Traz, those 3 change the way you can play the game for the better! It affects Diamond rewards too. I could have started off with that, but I save the best for last lol

Mustapha00

It really does come down to how you will play the game.

As a poster above said, if you're going to be a Fighter, a Chateau will not be >as< effective as it would be if you were going to be a Farmer or a Quester. But, even then, it is hardly going to be a waste of effort, as it will enhance the rewards you get from whatever questing you do happen to undertake.

time4coffee

Thanks for all the info, leaves me with something to consider, especially since I produce a lot of goods as well as fps but is there e Dr enough.

Everything is worth it if it is worth it to you...decide how you want to play while making the things important in this game important to you and stop worrying about what everyone else tells you is what you "should" do.

The Chateau has value to me because I do the recurring quests during collections and when spending forge points on different buildings, but that doesn't make it a "must have" or even "necessary" to being successful while playing this game.

AAA12AAA

While at it, what's the approximate price for full set of goodies for CF? Specifically in Walstrand if anyone in the know. Thanks.