• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

IT'S OUR THIRD BIRTHDAY!!! QUESTION/COMMENT THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20874

Birthday Event

QUESTIONS? ASK HERE:
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...rs-Ask-Me-Anything-about-the-Birthday-Contest!

It's Our 3rd Birthday!!!

3rd-bday2.png

Put your questions and comments about the Birthday party here!

- - - Updated - - -

TO BE CLEAR....YOU HAVE TO BE REGISTERED ON THE FORUM (WHICH MEANS AN ACTIVE MEMBER) AND THEN SATURDAY NIGHT AT 9PM WE WILL OPEN A NEW THREAD FOR YOU TO ENTER THE PRIZE DRAWING.

THIS THREAD IS FOR QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ONLY

(The actual Celebration thread will open Saturday night at 9 pm (EDT) and you will have to enter (post)on that thread in order to be considered for the prize drawings)

----------------------

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How do I know if I'm registered for the forum?
A: If you can log in and post, then you are registered.

Q: What do have to do to enter the contest?
A: Log in between 9-10 PM Eastern time, on Saturday night, find the contest thread in the Tavern forum, and post the requested information.

Q: Do I need to post anything now, before the party?
A: Nope. But feel free to make a test post if you want to be sure you can. Just hit 'reply' to this message!

Q: Can I play from a mobile device?
A: Absolutely, just bookmark the forum in your browser.

Q: I play on several worlds, which one will the prizes go to?
A: You get to pick, although some prizes are earmarked for particular worlds. You'll say what world you're in when you enter the contest.

Q: Do I need to be on the forum for the whole hour to claim my prize?
A: Nope!

Q: How will I collect my prize?
A: It will show up in your inventory on the world you request.

Q: I'm in Europe and the time is in the middle of the night, can I do it another time?
A: No, sorry. Since it's for the US server we're doing US time. But staying up late to FoE isn't so bad!

Q: What time is the party in my time zone?
A: It is on Saturday at:
... 9 PM Eastern time (New York or Washington DC).
... 8 PM Central time (Chicago or Houston)
... 7 PM Mountain time (Denver or Salt Lake City)
... 6 PM Western time (Los Angeles, Seattle, or Phoenix)
... 5 PM Alaska time
... 3 PM Hawaii time
Or on Sunday at:
... 2 AM London time
... 3 AM Berlin time
... 10 AM Tokyo time

Q: I posted already somewhere and now it is missing?
A: We're combining all the birthday posts in this thread for now, to keep the forum from getting too cluttered.

I have to say, that I understand that there are a lot of people playing this game. But the "Birthday Event" was a tad lame. The holiday events that you present are really good. But to give away buildings and troops from the most recent Holiday Event as 3-year Anniversary/Birthday prizes? And, the worst thing is, that you only gave away about 40 prizes in total.

I honestly wouldn't have cared about it, if it hadn't constantly popped up every-time I was trying to play the game. Finally, I thought, "Wow! It's gonna be great!" Then it was all lame. Wow.

DeletedUser20874

Birthday Party or Birthday Let Down?

It is over, right? Is that it? I guess, if you didn't get notified you didn't win.

Not sure which jester came up with the idea of throwing your Birthday Party at 9 PM EDT on a Saturday Night. It is ok, I couldn't think of any better way to spend my Saturday night, :((

In the future, maybe a different time, a longer period for players to log on, a message verifying that I am registered, and a message stating "thank you for playing, but better luck next year!"

Agreed! I work during that time period, but managed to be off of work. Still, the whole thing was a joke. Old prizes from the last Holiday and only giving away about 40 prizes.

JustKiddingU

I pretty much agree with the lame notion. How many people signed on? How many people tried to sign on & failed because of your inadequate servers? & after all of the frustration - it took me until 9:50p EST to sign up even though I was logged on prior to 9p - there were multiple similar looking threads because of people testing to make certain they could log in and I could see a lot of people didn't understand where to post. After all of that, my odds of winning a prize of any sort was probably less than one in a thousand. I mean c'mon guys, other than the diamonds prize it isn't like you are actually giving away something of value to you (the game developers/managers).

Unless your object was to see in how many players you can generate a Pavlovian reaction you should be embarrassed at this debacle. You guys (gals) owe an apology to all of your players from whom you ultimately expect to get paid.

DeletedUser10806

Seemed like it was an exercise in getting more people to be aware of / start using the forum. May well have succeeded in persuading some people not to come back

DeletedUser

Nice contest FOE, 3/4 or more of the ppl couldn't log into the forum, Maybe you shouldn't have any more till you figure out how to handle the bandwith problem.

DeletedUser10191

Happy Birthday!
I imagine there are some frustrated people (like myself) who tried to log-on last night but were unable to. The level of frustration is just a reflection of passion and commitment many have to this wonderful game. You guys and gals do a wonderful job. Thank You!

Cheers

DeletedUser18401

Thank you for hosting a wonderful game. I started FOE last weekend, and I am hooked. Like many, I play for free. I can understand that those that pay for the game may feel frustrated, but for us that don't pay, we have nothing to complain about. This even gave me an opportunity to win some cool stuff. Servers overload when there is a high demand. I hope that they don't sacrifice any part of this game for faster or better servers to stage an event where only a very limited amount of users will win an item. Continue the good work, and if you have future events, I hope to participate. If the server gets overloaded, then I will do what I did last night, continue to access the forum until I can get on.

:war:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5291

No Questions. Or a thousand to be honest but I learn a little more about this game as I play it. The friends I have made have taught me the finer points of the game. I'm not great at understanding your explanations ...

DeletedUser20999

I don't know about the rest of the players, but that Birthday was a big disappointment. I tried for an hour to log on with no success. Won't waste my time again! :mad:

DeletedUser19872

What a joke and bad promotion was the FoE B-day bash. A joke because most people couldn't even log in and like me, I did get in, but not until 9:55PM ET. It was bad promotion because the prize they gave to everyone, Rogue hideouts, I paid dearly for just days before. What a f'ken ripoff. Yes, I was a money player, but now a player not at all. Good bye crappy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.