• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Keep Capitol or Not?

DeletedUser34910

I'll be keeping my Capitol, Tower of Babel, Oracle of Delphi, and every other "useless" GB that I build until the end of the game. I build these things and enjoy looking at them. Who cares if they're a little less efficient. There's no way to win this game!

I understand that, although it's not my style. One of my guild mates just wants "all the GBs" and that's part of her play style. (not all of them...but a lot of them)

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

Why would you throw all those FPs on a Capitol, knowing you're going to delete it.

Why throw money at a car now knowing you're going to trade it in for a newer one in five years? Because you need transportation right now, not five years from now. Same goes with the Capitol. Some people prefer to build it now, when they can, rather than struggle with pop issues while they save up and buy goods to get an Inno later. It's not like FPs can be stockpiled indefinitely, unless they're in packs.

DeletedUser29726

Technically if you're the world's biggest population user...
and you've levelled inno to 60+... (light population users are done here)
and you've levelled habitat to 60+... (even heavy population users are often done here)
a 60+ capitol is still better pop density than housing...

So it's not for some strategies the worst building ever - but for the vast majority the advice given earlier in the thread of 'don't build it, consider demolishing it if you have built it' is sound.

Ta 152H

Why throw money at a car now knowing you're going to trade it in for a newer one in five years? Because you need transportation right now, not five years from now. Same goes with the Capitol. Some people prefer to build it now, when they can, rather than struggle with pop issues while they save up and buy goods to get an Inno later. It's not like FPs can be stockpiled indefinitely, unless they're in packs.

It's a specious analogy, that falls apart upon closer inspection.

It would be like buying something that costs a lot of money, and will have to be discarded, as opposed to something that will always be useful, and will actually repay the money you spent for it, while being useful.

All cars have to be replaced, and they generally don't give you money back. Inno will never need to be replaced, will get better with age, and will pay the person back. Yeah, there is an initial delay, as you could use those FP to get blueprints and/or goods, but the payoff is well worth it in my opinion. Throwing away thousands of forge points on something that has to be deleted just doesn't make much sense to me. And in order for Capitol to be worth the space, you have to throw a lot of FP at it.

It doesn't make sense to me. Bite the bullet, and do it right the first time.

DeletedUser34910

It's a specious analogy, that falls apart upon closer inspection.

It would be like buying something that costs a lot of money, and will have to be discarded, as opposed to something that will always be useful, and will actually repay the money you spent for it, while being useful.

All cars have to be replaced, and they generally don't give you money back. Inno will never need to be replaced, will get better with age, and will pay the person back. Yeah, there is an initial delay, as you could use those FP to get blueprints and/or goods, but the payoff is well worth it in my opinion. Throwing away thousands of forge points on something that has to be deleted just doesn't make much sense to me. And in order for Capitol to be worth the space, you have to throw a lot of FP at it.

It doesn't make sense to me. Bite the bullet, and do it right the first time.

Okay, so considering my level in the game (IA) and the GBs I have (Oracle..oops, Zeus, ToB, LoA, ToR, OBs, CoA, and almost CDM), and how I have basically zero resources (guild mates, friends, neighbors) to obtain BPs for Inno, what do you suggest as the next step taking Inno and Capitol out of the picture?

Ta 152H

I would strongly recommend getting to a point where you can complete GE Level 4, and having that guide your actions. The rewards justify the difficulty getting there. Also make sure your guild will always unlock L4, or make your own if you can't find one that does.

What world are you playing on? It would seem to me that most would have people you can get Inno BPs and goods from, but if you say no, then no. If you do find someone to buy goods from, make sure they'll let you donate to the Inno, by the way.

I'm a big fan of Hagia Sophia, which you don't have. It's a lousy low level GB, unless the happiness it gives can help remove some buildings, but it's low age, so requires few FP per level. Consequently, it becomes very powerful if you stick with it. Or even if you let it level itself. With Arcs out there waiting to jump on opportunities, it's a good idea. Just don't leave it L3 and stop working it. If you do, then better to never build it. But, since it gives FP, if you minimally just use it as a self-leveling cultural, over time it's going to get there.

DeletedUser34910

I would strongly recommend getting to a point where you can complete GE Level 4, and having that guide your actions. The rewards justify the difficulty getting there. Also make sure your guild will always unlock L4, or make your own if you can't find one that does.

What world are you playing on? It would seem to me that most would have people you can get Inno BPs and goods from, but if you say no, then no. If you do find someone to buy goods from, make sure they'll let you donate to the Inno, by the way.

I'm a big fan of Hagia Sophia, which you don't have. It's a lousy low level GB, unless the happiness it gives can help remove some buildings, but it's low age, so requires few FP per level. Consequently, it becomes very powerful if you stick with it. Or even if you let it level itself. With Arcs out there waiting to jump on opportunities, it's a good idea. Just don't leave it L3 and stop working it. If you do, then better to never build it. But, since it gives FP, if you minimally just use it as a self-leveling cultural, over time it's going to get there.

Yes, we play through level 4 each week. I can only battle successfully through level 2 and I have to negotiate if I want to go further, but I am working on leveling my Zeus, CoA and about to get my CDM as well, which will help.

Yes, there are definitely players in my world that have it. Just not many in my guild or friends list, and none in my IA neighborhood.

Thanks for the tip on the Hagia Sophia, a few of my guild mates are leveling theirs currently.

Czari

Not to mention when I began playing FoE the Inno wasn't even in the game. Everyone plays differently. When I look at the cities of the highest ranking people on the servers, they're usually a field of SoK's and the rest GBs. To me, that looks just...horrible; I could care less how powerful they are. Likewise when I joined the #1 guild on one of my worlds and their main activity was leveling each others' Arcs to 100+. That got boring really quickly.

DeletedUser32973

Not to mention when I began playing FoE the Inno wasn't even in the game. Everyone plays differently. When I look at the cities of the highest ranking people on the servers, they're usually a field of SoK's and the rest GBs. To me, that looks just...horrible; I could care less how powerful they are. Likewise when I joined the #1 guild on one of my worlds and their main activity was leveling each others' Arcs to 100+. That got boring really quickly.

At least INNO is providing event buildings that are better than SoKs now. Granted high rankers' towns still generally only consist of event buildings, but it's not quite as bland XD. Anyway it depends on the server, but it really doesn't take that long to get an Inno. In the grand scheme of things getting either GB is equivalent difficulty, so the only reason to get the Capitol is for aesthetics imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34800

I skipped it completely and just built the Innovation Tower. IT is just much better since it provides FPs. But, it also a preference and play style choice.

Salsuero

I understand that, although it's not my style. One of my guild mates just wants "all the GBs" and that's part of her play style. (not all of them...but a lot of them)

Well I put "useless" in quotes because that's what others believe them to be. But they have a use to me... their visual appeal. However, I'm not building every GB... far from it. Actually, I'm pretty close to done building GBs now, not counting anything new that may be released in the future. I only have the Inno Tower and Rain Forest Project left to build and then I'll pretty much be finished with my personal collection, which is quite far from all of them.

DeletedUser30900

I got it to save space on supplies buildings while also providing population. It now only serves as eye candy, but not when I originally built it. I was in EMA at that point.
And now you are way advanced?

spnnr

I finally acquired an Inno Tower in my main world where I also have the Capitol. The latter is only level 8 but is sufficient to only need two extra housing units. My Inno is currently level 4; noticed this morning that the city's happiness had gone down - no longer the big smile. I updated some roads and have the smile back...barely.

Does anyone see any reason long-term to keep the Capitol? In one guild I was in I was told they would never build a capitol but they're also relatively new to the game whereas Inno was introduced after I already had a Capitol. I'm pretty sure the answers are going to be no, and removing the Capitol would definitely clear up some much-needed space but just wanted to check in before I removed it.

Thanks!:)

Good question . Personally I ended up using it as a bridging gb - provide pop until I was able to remove all houses , install IT and then leveled IT and removed Capitol.

But it would depend on your style of play as suggested above.

DeletedUser30900

If you say so. Keep whining about me instead of focusing on you. That's surely the most efficient use of your time.
More effective than camping in hma forever and try long to teach people what to do later

Salsuero

More effective than camping in hma forever and try long to teach people what to do later

Forever? It hasn't even been close to a year and I'll be moving up to LMA soon. But you go ahead and keep touting your tech tree superiority if it makes you feel good.