• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Kraken" defense challenge

Jackshat

Not exactly. I've stated elsewhere that I believe that when boosts are close, the defender has the advantage. In other words, @Wyldon's defense boost was comparable to the attacker's boost. (They probably were better, but they didn't have to be, just comparable.) His stated defense boost in HMA was 200/300ish. That's high for an HMA defense boost. With that boost in HMA you would naturally win against most attackers even with a random mix of current era troops. Especially if they blindly throw a Rogue army in on autobattle. Just clarifying, by the way.
Cool. But, I lost against rogue armies with my boosts--til I went 5HI, 3Treb. But, I'm very curious to see how it fares against many boosts. Obviously, there will be a point, as has been discussed numerous times, when attacker boosts get so high, there is no defense. But, til then. :) There's nothing like data to help answer questions. I will keep my boosts low until I get a feel for the neighbors, then, like you planned, gradually increase to then compare.

Happy to share the data with you once I have plenty for cross-sampling analyses.

I know xivarmy is a math guy. Xivarmy, if you'd like to analyze the data, just let me know the data points I must have for an effective analysis.

I'm not a fan of endless boosting, but would love for peeps to have some data to help them when a rogue army shows up and its boosts are comparable to the defender.

I'm looking forward to seeing rogue armies, again. This time, I'll collect objective data, so I don't get into a death spiral defending my empirical experiences...

Last edited: