• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

latest Easter Event

DeletedUser16403

Yes, at first I tried using some diamonds that I had collected and purchased the one deco that was available. That didn't finish the quest, but showed one of three completed. I then went and built one of the deco's from my previous age and nothing was shown on the quest.

Maybe if I had started with the previous age deco's it would have worked, I don't know that for sure.

DeletedUser10415

I've seen some people say they were able to complete the quest by building three decorations from the previous age on some servers but on other servers they had to build three decorations from the current age.
The quest objectives should be the same for everyone.
Visually Modified for clarity.

Apparently they've got it easy on the EN server, where they can build 3 decos of the previous age or one of the current age. Way to stick it to the US server, Inno.

DeletedUser2800

Just a thought, but has anyone actually tried building decos from a previous age just to see if it works? Maybe just the wording of the quest did not get put in correctly?

The event for me asked to build three from current age and I was able to do that, or else I would go back and try myself.

Of course, as always, I could be wrong... Just a thought.

Yep. I'm one of those whose stuck because I won't be able to unlock any decorations from the Future Age until after the event ends. Building 3 decorations from the Tomorrow Age still hasn't worked for me.
However I've seen players claim it worked for them on one sever but not another. I can't verify if that's true or not tho.

DeletedUser2800

Visually Modified for clarity.

Apparently they've got it easy on the EN server, where they can build 3 decos of the previous age or one of the current age. Way to stick it to the US server, Inno.

Yeah the EN server(s) is where people have said the quest works as advertised.

DeletedUser25427

I am in LMA and I thought this event was over for me as I am 80 fps away from the first decoration and they cost 30k each so they are too expensive anyway but then when I checked the decorations tab I see potted plant and nautical statue - where did they come from as they are not on the research tree? Looks like I am back in the game.

DeletedUser2800

I am in LMA and I thought this event was over for me as I am 80 fps away from the first decoration and they cost 30k each so they are too expensive anyway but then when I checked the decorations tab I see potted plant and nautical statue - where did they come from as they are not on the research tree? Looks like I am back in the game.

You probably don't see those items on the research tree because they aren't unlocked by researching a technology.
For example, some items have never required being researched (Tree, Memorial, Obelisk). Other items have been added to pre-existing ages (Longhouse, Monastery), over the years, and some things (Continental Map, Treasure Hunt, Great Buildings) have been added to pre-existing technologies when new features were added.

Andre.Andre

This event was not for all players. Was created and adjusted to attract new players, not for old players ( more than 1 year). Color guard, shrine of inspiration ( the great prizes) are for small players. If you are an old player you must spend some money for other prizes. Anyway the game is a business and it's all about money. We can't play many years this game ,I play this game on US servers for five years and i spend some money occasional when something I liked or I really needed, so we need (maybe) to find another activities for our fun.... So, depends on INNO strategy, and for this year this was their strategy... If was wrong or good , only INNO will know ...And we'll see where it will go.

DeletedUser2800

This event was not for all players. Was created and adjusted to attract new players, not for old players ( more than 1 year). Color guard, shrine of inspiration ( the great prizes) are for small players. If you are an old player you must spend some money for other prizes. Anyway the game is a business and it's all about money. We can't play many years this game ,I play this game on US servers for five years and i spend some money occasional when something I liked or I really needed, so we need (maybe) to find another activities for our fun.... So, depends on INNO strategy, and for this year this was their strategy... If was wrong or good , only INNO will know ...And we'll see where it will go.
This event has been held each year since 2013. Furthermore it is the OLD players who are benefiting the most from this years changes to the event.
In previous years it was ridiculously easy for new players to use the hiding eggs mini-game to accumulate large sums of eggs to unlock vast numbers of special buildings for little to no real money spent. That's how vet players got 50 Watchfires, 20+ Wishing Wells, and dozens of assorted Shrines, Victory Towers, etc.
In previous years all players with little to no money like myself were able to get on equal footing with vet players during the Easter Events. The new changes however have put a money wall between new players and established players that can only be overcome by deep wallets.

Being stuck behind a pay wall that is only available to overcome during special events a few times a year isn't fun for new players.
Being puked on daily by players with huge bonuses that you can't overcome thru normal game play is frustrating and drives people away from the game.
Being unable to participate in an event because you can't afford to spend real money to complete quests that are bugged and not working as advertised isn't fun either and only encourages people to close their wallets in the future.

Algona

Why is a player who has been around for four years speaking for the poor down trodden n00bs? They don't know how to type?

I was in my third month last Easter, got 3 WW, my last Obs BP, and 1 Watchfire. This year got 3 WW, 1 SoK, 2 Foeberge, and an SoI (Absolute killer prize for noobs!) with some time yet to go. Did not spend money or diamonds on either event.

I think it's noteworthy that unlike last year a fair number of players have a shot at getting to the second grand prize, the SoK. Last year it was what? a 5% chance in the big chest?

So who is missing out on what and why?

-----------

If this year had been similar, i was gonna go all in on watchfires and am bummed about that.

Otherwise, this event has only one major flaw in my opinion: Repeatable random crappy prizes. INNO could have made this a lot better by being able to change out some of the prizes after winning them once.

DeletedUser2800

Why is a player who has been around for four years speaking for the poor down trodden n00bs? They don't know how to type?

Those new players, having never played the game before, don't know what was taken away.
They see old players with dozens of shrines, victory towers, watchfires, wishing wells, great buildings, etc all now locked away behind paywalls and don't realize that we got most of that stuff without spending a dime.

I think it's noteworthy that unlike last year a fair number of players have a shot at getting to the second grand prize, the SoK. Last year it was what? a 5% chance in the big chest?

I think you are forgetting that in previous years the Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests were optional prizes that players could choose from a list of about 11 choices. We weren't forced to buy gamble chests to get a random prize.

So who is missing out on what and why?

Seriously? You need it explained why being able to trade in 500 eggs and getting 10 watchfires in 2014 (50 eggs each) or 6 watchfires in 2015 (75 eggs each) was better than trading in 500 eggs for gamble chests and maybe winning 1 watchfire if you are lucky? Okay... I'll give it a shot.
Everyone is missing out. We have lost the ability to cherry pick our prizes. In the previous Easter events we didn't get stuck with crappy prizes out of the gamble chests because we had the freedom to choose the exact prize we wanted.
If a player wanted to build up his number of watchfires, or another building on the prize list, he could spend all his eggs buying that particular prize he wanted. That's how old players got 50+ watchfires.
If he (or she) liked the gamble chests, then he could choose the chests instead and get stuck with a bunch of crappy prizes.
Previously you could save up your eggs during the event and buy the exact prizes you wanted at the very end.
This year you only had 24 hours to try and win the daily prize, and had no idea if it was going to be repeated later on. And even the overall grand prize(s) are on a rotating list of grand prizes that cost 720 tulips to go thru the entire list before repeating. I believe that's 3,600 eggs. Just to get 1 of each.
In 2015 those 3,600 eggs could have bought you
1 Observatory Blueprint 20 eggs
Cornucopia 25 eggs
Military Drummer 30 eggs
Bronze Chest (random reward) 35 eggs
Watchfire 75 eggs
Beach Bar 100 eggs
Silver Chest (random reward) 150 eggs
Drummer School 300 eggs
Gold Chest (random reward) 300 eggs
Renovation Kit 350 eggs
Wishing Well 500 eggs
And in 2014 they would have bought you
1 Observatory Blueprint 20 eggs
Cornucopia 25 eggs
Champion 30 eggs
Bronze Chest (random reward) 35 eggs
Watchfire 50 eggs
Log Cabin 100 eggs
Silver Chest (random reward) 150 eggs
Champion's Retreat 300 eggs
Gold Chest (random reward) 300 eggs
Renovation Kit 350 eggs
Wishing Well 500 eggs
Oh and the prizes in the gamble chests were better in previous years compared to this year. Even the egg prizes in the chests were drastically reduced from last year.
Bronze 50 or 120 eggs
Silver 500 or 300 eggs
Gold 800 eggs

Algona

A lot of the new players in my guild are excited. The vets are realizing that the random chance of multiple crappy prizes is somewhat made up for by a wider variety of good prizes.

I'm thinking you're blind to the needs of new players, as well as to the past.

What would a new player want from last year's event? Obs BP, Watchfire, Reno Kit, WW. I already said I was unhappy about missing out on watchfires, I agree with you on that watchfires are much harder to get than last year. Same for OBS BPs. WW and Reno Kit ate not a lot more difficult to get in the same quantity as last year. To wit:

A player spending no diamonds or money could get around 2000 eggs last year, the equivalent of 4 WWs.

This year at a minimum a player will earn enough eggs to open 10 Gold Chests. On average that means players will get get 2 good prizes. a reno kit, and a couple eggs prizes, which nets them 2 more openings getting them to SoK Grand Prize.

Last year the only top notch prizes (aside forom Watchfires) were the Reno Kit and WW. This year? All the top notch prizes are available. The first place prizes have been good to excellent. (Except the drummer school.)

So net result, 1 SoK, 2 good prizes, 1 Reno Kit. Compare that to what you could buy last year. Pretty close to the same, Eh? Add in the SoI for new players, and I have no doubt n00bs are better off this year.

So I'll ask again, aside from a lack of Obs BPs and Watchfires, who got hurt by this year's Event?

----------

Now let's take a closer look at that watchfires thing you are unhappy for the poor n00bs about.

Suppose this year's event was the same as last year? At the end we'd have:

Player OldFartBeenHere4Years would up his watchfire count from 60 to 80.

Player LongTimer3Years, would up his to 60.

Player BeenHere2Years, now has 40.

Player MyFirstEaster has 20.

And Player IStartedApril5 has none.

Don't get me wrong, older players deserve all the advantages they have earned.

I'm sorry, I'm missing how anything has improved for the new players, looks more like the newest players have fallen even further behind.

DeletedUser22928

On the 3 deco's from your age I had none I could build either . until I looked in my inventory . I guess I won a bunch in previous chests I didn't even know I had .

DeletedUser22928

I'm new to the game ..6 months at most . I also have 4 worlds I play . so I tried some thing . world 1 only buy bronze chests. world 2 only buy silver. world 3 only buy Gold chests. world 4 save them all to the end.
what I've found is . the Bronze world is way ahead on the good stuff. why ? easy . buy a chest . most times I got my eggs back(40). so I pick again . same prize . pick again . usually different. but I now have the first 2 grand prizes , and picked up the prize of the day a few times . If I got a crap prize I wait and try later .
Silver chests .. I don't need more rogues ...get the picture.
Gold chests... I have an OBI already ...and another foeberge will make me quit . Uggggggggggg
world 4 we'll see ,
Edit OK ...I had 290 eggs left on Bronze world ....no extra eggs or the SOK..
silver word ..another colorguard
gold world ..foerberge .
Really ? .....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2800

I'm thinking you're blind to the needs of new players, as well as to the past.

The only person blind here seems to be you because you've gone from arguing that this years event is better than previous years to the following statement...

I'm sorry, I'm missing how anything has improved for the new players, looks more like the newest players have fallen even further behind.

Which is the point I've been making all along. If the changes to the event are putting new players even farther behind old players, then the event hasn't been made better.
Oh and thank you for agreeing with me even if it wasn't intended. It seems your subconscious knows my argument is valid. :D

Algona

Well, nope, you completely missed what i was trying to say, my apologies for not being clear enough for you.

I was discussing what would have happened had the 2016 Easter Event been the same as 2015, and how the newest players would have fallen even further behind in the race for watchfires. That's what that line of dashes indicates and the following two lines explicitly say.

I did not say this year's Event was better. I did say it's better for new players. See the difference? I'll stand by thinking this year is better for the n00bs since you choose not to address any points. My thanks to you for giving up on the issues of better types of prizes, availability and usefulness.

We'll try again though to give you another opportunity,

Is SoI a good prize for a new player?

Is SoK a good prize for a new player?

Is the chance of winning a wider variety of top prizes better for a new player?

DeletedUser23280

Is getting 5 CGC's on one world better for a new player? Two of them were back to back tonight after doubling up on 200 eggs?Wasteful for me horribly for doing the event period. The only time i won anything of use was the grand prizes unless i went for the 40 egg chest or the 70 egg chest which i won a Bazaar and a Witch Doctor which either or are not that great of prizes .

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbox

If Innogames plan was to have people spend more money for prizes, well, it did not work for myself and a bunch of other players.

Diamonds buyers that I know spent a lot less money this event than last year (I started the game a day or so after the Easter event), because of the very randomness of the rewards...

DeletedUser13838

Is getting 5 CGC's on one world better for a new player? Two of them were back to back tonight after doubling up on 200 eggs?Wasteful for me horribly for doing the event period. The only time i won anything of use was the grand prizes unless i went for the 40 egg chest or the 70 egg chest which i won a Bazaar and a Witch Doctor which either or are not that great of prizes .

Bazaars are great imo but if you didn't want a bazaar or a witch doctor you should have held on to your eggs. In any event, opening up 12 gold chests comes with a guarantee of getting an SoK. Last year's event had a very small chance of getting an SoK IIRC.

DeletedUser2800

Well, nope, you completely missed what i was trying to say, my apologies for not being clear enough for you.

I was discussing what would have happened had the 2016 Easter Event been the same as 2015, and how the newest players would have fallen even further behind in the race for watchfires. That's what that line of dashes indicates and the following two lines explicitly say.

The newest players wouldn't have fallen further behind old players if the event was kept the same as previous years. You are overlooking the simple fact that building space is finite in our cities. People focusing on collecting as many Watchfires as possible are sacrificing much needed space for other buildings. And the need for space gets more and more critical as one advances up the tech tree because the buildings and roads get bigger and bigger while the number of available expansions gets fewer and fewer.

Many old players have hit the limit of how large they can make their cities until Inno adds more expansions while new players can only catch up

I did not say this year's Event was better. I did say it's better for new players. See the difference?

The event isn't better for any player regardless of how long they've been playing.

I'll stand by thinking this year is better for the n00bs since you choose not to address any points.

Okay let's look at one of your "points".

This year at a minimum a player will earn enough eggs to open 10 Gold Chests. On average that means players will get get 2 good prizes. a reno kit, and a couple eggs prizes, which nets them 2 more openings getting them to SoK Grand Prize.

Using your numbers 10 gold chests cost 120 eggs each plus another 240 eggs from gold chest egg prizes for a total of 1.420 eggs, and that will get the average player 2 good prizes and 1 grand prize.

Last year that same amount of eggs would have netted a player either 2 Wishing Wells, 5 Watchfires, and one bronze chest, or 18 Watchfires with enough left over for 2 bronze chests.

Sorry still not seeing how gambling and only getting 3 good prizes this year is better than getting anywhere from 7-18 good prizes last year.

My thanks to you for giving up on the issues of better types of prizes, availability and usefulness.

Nothing to give up on. I never disagreed that we need better prizes, availability, and usefulness

We'll try again though to give you another opportunity,

Is SoI a good prize for a new player?

Is SoK a good prize for a new player?

Opinions are going to vary on questions like that based on each individual's playstyle and strategies.

• A player whose goal is to get BP's for GB's as fast as possible may decide SoI's are good choice to build.
  • Another player may think FP's are more important so he will want SoK's.
  • A person concerned about being plundered may want a lot of watchfires.
  • Yet another player may focus on Victory Towers and SoA's because he wants medals to buy expansions as fast as possible.

Is the chance of winning a wider variety of top prizes better for a new player?

Depends on how the game of chance is set up and how much it costs. The Winter event has more and better prizes and each chance to win only costs 10 stars. The Easter event now has fewer good prizes than the Winter event and the chances to win cost 40, 70, or 120 eggs each and you have no chance of getting the grand prize until you collect 120 tulips which costs between 720 eggs (gold chests) and 960 eggs (bronze chests) depending on the combination of chests you buy.