• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lower the GvG shield time

• Thread starter Deleted member 30220
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Outline - allow attacks on freshly taken GvG sectors at less than 24 hours

Current system: shields the tile for the remaining time till next reset and concentrates all GvG action around reset time

Details: Put a clock on the shield - at less than 24 hours (12 hours would be my favorite, but I'll go with anything less than 18 hours)

Abuse prevention: Shorter shield time gives the attacker an advantage, but the attacked party can respond faster too, so if the guild wants to fight - it can fight faster.
I suppose that the interesting time would be reset time minus the shield time, as to make it through the counting and get the credits from your conquest, but if you don't defend it - you lose it next time

Visual aids - none

Conclusion: it will add battles to the actual system, and lowers the advantage of those that fight only at reset time

Super Catanian

Thank you SO much for properly formatting this proposal. This makes the process so much easier!
I am sort of indifferent, however. While I agree that I hate how everything revolves around recalc, INNO has announced that they are already working on changes to GvG, although the actual changes are yet to be announced and released.
So until then, I am not voting.

DeletedUser

I kind of like this idea. Anything that would tend to break up the logjam at recalc would be an improvement. (Maybe someday they'll make changes to GvG that will entice those of us who have tried it and found it wanting to try it again?)

Salsuero

I vote no. I might vote yes if the shield were detached from recalc, but not made shorter... so if the clock started from the point the tile was taken, but not less than 24 hours.

Algona

Ummm, wouldn't this make it easier for Guilds to release and retake Sectors? Secotr Onwer could release for when they know they'll have on their recapture team. And could spread ouit their Releases over time?

This would also mean every Guild would have to check and annotate shield drop time for each Sector they want to take.?

Not saying any of this is bad, but I am wondering who this helps the most?