• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Make Space Needle and Lotus Temple Great Again

Triopoly Champion

As long as I keep my Oracle of Delphi, Shrine of Inspiration, Longhouse and Waterspout Fountains, I'm still qualified to be a noob, however I missed the time "Lord Muggle" would say I just built Deal Castle(7x7) and Notre Dame(4x6).

Regardless how many goods production GBs I have, I always prefer to have a little more previous age goods although at cost of more space -
Forge of Empires - Fishing Hut Producing LMA Goods.jpg

Over 2.1 millions city score -
Forge of Empires - Colonial Fantasy 12-22-2018.jpg

Last edited:

Mustapha00

Even if I am ambivalent as to the OP's suggestion, kudos to him for recognizing an issue (terrible GBs) and making some suggestion as to how to improve them.

Zatrikon

Details: Reprogram Space Needle and Lotus Temple Great Buildings, so they produce a random type of "Previous Age" goods from Iron Age to Virtual Future, Coins for Bronze Age. Happiness boosts will stay the same.
I don't think this is the best idea, though it's certainly better than what those GBs currently do. Maybe we can come up with something completely new for them. And I'd include Notre Dame as well. Maybe even ditch the Happiness boost, too. Coins, Supplies, Happiness - the three resources you're most likely to have more than enough of.

The Colosseum and the Capital are useful for a little while, but as you go up through the ages, and acquire more expensive expansions, they become useless. But ND, SN, and LT are useless from the age when they appear. And IMO, so is the Oracle of Delphi.

So what could a new GB function be?

* Active: Random Goods from the previous age, as mentioned in the OP.
* Passive: A boost to other GBs?
* Passive: Reduced Scouting time/cost?
* Active: Guild Power?
* Active: Random Fragments (SoK, WW, Shrink kits, etc.)?
* Passive: More Incidents?
* Passive: Bonus to Incidents?
* Passive: Boost to Guild Expedition chests?
* Active: Friendship Tavern Silver?
* Passive: Boost to Friendship Tavern?
* Passive: Armor to military units? Say, a 10% chance of one unit having armor at level 1, 11% at level 2, up to 2 units at level 3, 12% at level 4, up to three units at level 5, etc. Or some kind of progression like that.

Just a few random thoughts off the top of my head.

Emberguard

Fragments from a GB? No thanks. That's essentially giving SoK/Wishing Wells/etc from a GB. Given it's easy for high end players to hyper lvl GBs that'd just be handing over free buildings from a GB on a daily basis

Triopoly Champion

You can have a GB with the boost that reduces the coin cost to buy the next fp, the increment with still be +50 after each buying.

Coin Value of the next fp -
Level 1: -20 coins (per collection)
Level 2: -40 coins
Level 3: -60 coins
-------------
Level 10: -200 coins (per collection)
Level 11: -210 coins
Level 12: -220 coins
-------------
Level 20: -300 coins
-------------
Level 30: -400 coins
-------------
Level 40: -500 coins
-------------
Level 50: -600 coins
-------------
Level 60: -700 coins (per collection)
Level 61: -705 coins
Level 62: -710 coins
-------------
Level 80: -800 coins (per collection)
Level 81: -802 coins
Level 82: -804 coins
-------------

When the next fp cost hit 200 coins, it'll stop change the value.

DeletedUser32389

Nobody's said it yet huh? Obviously all of these buildings could be saved if they just produced some Alabaster.
VH-New+Meme+.+Really+funny+new+meme+http+knowyourmeme.com+memes+problem-solved-2_77ce5d_3234682.jpeg

Zatrikon

How about a GB that gives some kind (or kinds) of other consumable items, such as:

* Self-Aid kits
* Boost bottles
* "Hourglasses" the "Rush/Finish" items
* Maybe even Store Buildings or One-up Kits or Reno Kits!
* Maybe some random selection of these.

With a level progression something like this:

Level Gives
1. Random Small Boost Bottle
2. 2 Random Small Boost Bottles
3. Random Medium Boost Bottle
4. Random Medium + Random Small
5. Random Medium + 2 Random Smalls
6. 2 Random Mediums
7. Random Large
8. Random Large + Random Small
9. Random Large + 2 Random Smalls
10. Random Large + Random Medium
etc.

This is just an example, probably most appropriate for an earlier GB like Notre Dame. For the Space Needle, it would have to build up faster, and for the Lotus Temple, even faster than that.

I don't know what Finish/Rush Production "hourglasses" are available. I see in my inventory, that there are 1 Hour Mass Coin Rushes, and Finish All Coin Productions. And there are Finish (one) Supply Productions, 5 Minute Mass Supply Rushes, 30 Minute Mass Supply Rushes, and 6 Hour Mass Supply Rushes. Are there any others?

There could even be brand new ones, like "Goods Rushes" - maybe 30 minutes or an hour at most. Or even 5 or 10 minute Mass Goods Rushes.

Granted, these won't necessarily always be useful, but they've got to be better than just plain coins or supplies.

And here's another possible progression, just as an example:

Level Gives
1. Random Medium Boost Bottle OR 5% of a Store Building
2. Random Medium Boost Bottle OR 6% of a Store Building
3. 2 Random Medium Boost Bottles OR 6% of a Store Building
4. 2 Random Medium Boost Bottles OR 6% of a Store Building or One-Up Kit
5. Random Large Boost Bottle OR 6% of a Store Building or One-Up Kit
6. Random Large Boost Bottle OR 7% of a Store Building or One-Up Kit
7. Random Large Boost Bottle OR 7% of a Store Building or Reno Kit
8. Random Large Boost Bottle OR 8% of a Store Building or Reno Kit
9. 2 Random Large Boost Bottles OR 8% of a Store Building or Reno Kit
10. 2 Random Large Boost Bottles OR 9% of a Store Building or Reno Kit
etc.

Obviously, this one would be for a later GB, like the Space Needle, or a faster progression for the Lotus Temple.

Emberguard

As long as I keep my Oracle of Delphi, Shrine of Inspiration, Longhouse and Waterspout Fountains, I'm still qualified to be a noob, however I missed the time "Lord Muggle" would say I just built Deal Castle(7x7) and Notre Dame(4x6).

Regardless how many goods production GBs I have, I always prefer to have a little more previous age goods although at cost of more space -
View attachment 11478
That's a really pretty city. I love the Oracle :D Got rid of it in Colonial Age, but I still love it.

As to shrine of inspiration - life saver for a city that doesn't have the Arc yet. (of course yours does but who knows what lvl)

Personally I don't mind a few GBs being somewhat useless. Just means I'll never build them unless I majorly need those things they produce when I get to that age (not going to happen)

DeletedUser

As to shrine of inspiration - life saver for a city that doesn't have the Arc yet.
This statement puzzles me. It reads like it's sincere, but that's hard to believe. I know the Shrine of Inspiration gives a random BP every other day, but that is a pittance compared to how many you can get in other ways even without an Arc.

Emberguard

In my first city I don't chase BPs and I'm not concerned about completing GE beyond lvl 1 or getting GBs above my age. So yes, SoI is quite handy for that city given I don't like aiding. Don't need it in my other city though where I complete lvl 4 GE most weeks and have a Arc

mamboking053

I don't think they'll ever really improve a GB, only- possibly- nerf one if they feel they need to.

I think all the good ideas that come up for existing GB's will be used to create new GB's of new ages. Total speculation, but by improving GB's of existing ages- especially early ages- it gives the player more of a reason to sit in an age. But if better buildings are always far in the future the player is motivated to more forward in some way, even if it isn't aging up.

Zatrikon

I just thought of one other possible new GB benefit: A Trading bonus! Sort of like the Kraken, it gives up to X bonuses per day, with a Y% chance of it happening. You get:

* A Forge Point (you get back the forge point you spent for the trade)
* 10% more of the goods you're receiving. (Or more, depending on the level of the GB)
* A few of some other random goods of the age of goods you're receiving.
* A few of the goods needed to make the goods you're giving.
* A few Promethium or Orichalcum (or some other good like that).
* etc. There are many other good possibilities. Maybe even something completely new.

And yes, I realize that it's unlikely they'll change any of the existing GBs, but maybe they can use these ideas for a future one.

DreadfulCadillac

Plenty of other GBs, event buildings, special buildings, etc... available to fill up our cities. Those GBs are crap, so be it. Bemusing that these two should be boosted, but GBs like Notre-Dame, Colosseum and Gaea Statue would be left to rot.
we feel bad for the colo and dame..right?

DreadfulCadillac

I just thought of one other possible new GB benefit: A Trading bonus! Sort of like the Kraken, it gives up to X bonuses per day, with a Y% chance of it happening. You get:

* 10% more of the goods you're receiving. (Or more, depending on the level of the GB)
* etc. There are many other good possibilities. Maybe even something completely new.

And yes, I realize that it's unlikely they'll change any of the existing GBs, but maybe they can use these ideas for a future one.
great idea..if the idea ever goes up for vote..u have my vote.

DeletedUser22214

I'm not sure exactly how to fix these buildings but I don't think there should be buildings in the game that are junk for every playing style. The only reason to build the Colo, ND, Space Needle, and Lotus Temple is because you didn't realize they were worthless. That is not a compelling reason to have buildings like that in the game.

Emberguard

ND didn't become useless until the introduction of Oracle of Delphi.

Space Needle and Lotus Temple aren't entirely useless if you intend to use the coins to buy FPs. Would depend on how many Terrace Farms and wishing wells are in your city as to whether it'd be better to get a different GB that boosts coin production instead.

Also keep in mind some players don't build the Frauenk or Hagia. So depending on your population some players might actually need an additional happiness GB - coupling it with something that can be converted to FPs is useful.

I've seen players use the Gaea Statue - something that I don't think is a great use of space or resources given Victory towers are a thing and you'd need to get the Gaea to lvl 26 to match the VTs lvl 1 for a Arctic Future player. But hey, if you need the happiness - at least it uses the space for more then one thing

Agent327

Why???

Plenty of ways in the game to get all of this.

I'm not sure exactly how to fix these buildings but I don't think there should be buildings in the game that are junk for every playing style. The only reason to build the Colo, ND, Space Needle, and Lotus Temple is because you didn't realize they were worthless. That is not a compelling reason to have buildings like that in the game.

I have 21 of the 36 GB's. All others are junk as far as I am concerned. Others will have other numbers. Who will decide what is junk and what not?

DeletedUser22214

Why???

Plenty of ways in the game to get all of this.

I have 21 of the 36 GB's. All others are junk as far as I am concerned. Others will have other numbers. Who will decide what is junk and what not?

I understand that many of the GBs can be considered junk based on a players playing style. What I'm referring to is the GBs that have no value regardless of playing type because there are non Great Building buildings that do more than these do in the age in which these are from at a better rate and with no requirement to use fps to level them up.