• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Maximizing Alcatraz

ol man Rufus

My new Alcatraz is at lvl 4 and I just moved into the Colonial Era. I have a Rogue camp and a Heavy Knight Stable (LMA)
I admit I DID NOT give my fighting capabilities much thought when I made the Era climb so I need some advice and strategy to maximize the Traz capabilities as I move into the next era.
Just so you know, I suck at fighting but am committed to assisting my Guild in GBG

Thank you
RufusXZ

Plain Red Justice

If you were committed to helping your guild in the first place you would have noticed that forcing yourself to Battle instead of Negotiating at such a new state and a low age without attack buildings is detrimenting both your personal growth and the number of advances you could have given to your guild. It's not your Alcatraz, since you could have CdM 50, CoA 50, Traz 50, AO 50 and Zeus 50 and still somehow manage to be a deadweight

Nicholas002

My new Alcatraz is at lvl 4 and I just moved into the Colonial Era. I have a Rogue camp and a Heavy Knight Stable (LMA)
I admit I DID NOT give my fighting capabilities much thought when I made the Era climb so I need some advice and strategy to maximize the Traz capabilities as I move into the next era.
Just so you know, I suck at fighting but am committed to assisting my Guild in GBG

Thank you
RufusXZ
Not much experience myself , since I only got my traz a few weeks ago.

but I have heard this is the best way to get the most out of traz:

build one barrack of your age at a time, and let traz crank out that unit until you have about 20 of them. Then do the next unit and repeat until you have 20 of each unit of your age. Then delete the barracks and leave only rogue hideouts, so your traz makes only rogues. Then you will have plenty of rogues to fight with 1 regular+7 rogues for every battle with few lost units.

DevaCat

Thank you
RufusXZ
What @Nicholas002 said, and do it asap because you need current age units. Don't forget that your barracks don't need a road or even to be completely built for the Traz to work -- you won't be making units in the barracks, Traz will do that for you. If you have a Colonial Champ Retreat you can put that down for a while until you have a bunch built, then store the Retreat. Work on your military GBs to make your units stronger.

And ignore the troll.

BruteForceAttack

Remove the LMA barracks as it will not be of much help in GBG.
For colonial best troop is probably grenadier followed by field gun. so in your case maybe better to just make rouges and manually fight with 1-2 grenadier and 7-6 rouges. In anycase first and foremost you should work on your zeus/coa/cdm so that you can fight better.

Plain Red Justice

And ignore the troll.
Sure. Feel free to spend a year or three getting that 100 CdM, CoA, AO, Traz as an F2P player, while I spend 2-3 weeks on a fairly new account procrastinating getting a mediocre amount of goods in the process while still managing to get triple or double of whatever GBG advances/profits you can ever get or do

Agent327

build one barrack of your age at a time, and let traz crank out that unit until you have about 20 of them. Then do the next unit and repeat until you have 20 of each unit of your age. Then delete the barracks and leave only rogue hideouts, so your traz makes only rogues. Then you will have plenty of rogues to fight with 1 regular+7 rogues for every battle with few lost units.

There is not much difference in having 1 building crank out 20, or 4 buildings cranking out 5. In the end it will take the same time to get 20 of all. What matters is to only place buildings you actually want units of. All other units you can pick up in GBG and GE.

Sure. Feel free to spend a year or three getting that 100 CdM, CoA, AO, Traz as an F2P player, while I spend 2-3 weeks on a fairly new account procrastinating getting a mediocre amount of goods in the process while still managing to get triple or double of whatever GBG advances/profits you can ever get or do

You keep saying this, while your city clearly shows you do not follow your own advise. Why is it so important to you to mislead people?

Plain Red Justice

You keep saying this, while your city clearly shows you do not follow your own advise. Why is it so important to you to mislead people?
Why not? I'm at Arc 80 now, I'm free to spend my money whereever. For now I think I would follow Emberguard's brilliant professional advice of indulging in the luxury of speedrunning GE. All further boosts of my attack is simply for the sake of spending even a minute shorter doing the tedious unrewarding slog called Guild Expedition. Time is gold after all, wouldn't you agree?

But when talking about this particular player, a newbie that doesn't know left from right, and you tell him to actually Battle on places other than GE, naaah, I am going to tell you why that's bad.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

There is not much difference in having 1 building crank out 20, or 4 buildings cranking out 5. In the end it will take the same time to get 20 of all. What matters is to only place buildings you actually want units of. All other units you can pick up in GBG and GE.

Actually there is a SIZEable difference between having 5 barracks versus 1, and then there is an attack/defense boost with having more barracks in later ages.

OP may still be fighting LMA units since gbg is still has a week left, if not do some negotiation until you can place CA barracks. If your attack/defense buildings are high enough, you wont need a lot of units. Slow down a bit and learn how to fight with strategy, you'll lose a lot of units and a lot of fights even with high attack buildings. What units are good against what, what terrain is best for what units, how to utilize spacing and range.

Nicholas002

There certainly is: space, population, and happiness. One barrack needs X space, X population, and X happiness.
5 Barracks need 5X space, 5X population, and 5X happiness.

Agent327

There certainly is: space, population, and happiness. One barrack needs X space, X population, and X happiness.
5 Barracks need 5X space, 5X population, and 5X happiness.

And like planet says, in later ages barracks give att/def boosts. There can be several reasons for placing an x number of barracks, but the total output of Alca isn't one of them. If Alca gives 20 it gives 20.

DevaCat

Why not? I'm at Arc 80 now, I'm free to spend my money whereever. For now I think I would follow Emberguard's brilliant professional advice of indulging in the luxury of speedrunning GE. All further boosts of my attack is simply for the sake of spending even a minute shorter doing the tedious unrewarding slog called Guild Expedition. Time is gold after all, wouldn't you agree?

But when talking about this particular player, a newbie that doesn't know left from right, and you tell him to actually Battle on places other than GE, naaah, I am going to tell you why that's bad.
No one has criticized your decision to pay to play. Why the consistent urge to bash, dismiss and disdain those who are free to play? Your game play decisions may work for you (debatable), but when you repeatedly insult players and promote your methods as being unquestioned gospel, naaah, I am going to tell you that's bad.

I am usually too lazy to go look things up but in your case, since you're special, I took a look. Imagine my surprise when looking at all the US game worlds I only find your one city, and that one nowhere near Space Age -- unusual since you've had a lot to say about later game play. You got that expertise where? Other than an Arc80, the next highest GBs are a CF11 and a Cape10, the militaries are well lower. Oh yeah, an AO with a few levels on it. Otherwise unremarkable city. On your 4th guild since March. Battle count low enough to be considered far from expert.

Your first post in this thread was an insult to the OP, and the rest were all off-topic as none addressed the op's stated question which is how to maximize Traz's capabilities as he moves into the next age. Your opinions regarding fighting vs negotiating, ge vs gbg, pay vs free are all irrelevant here -- you want to listen to yourself talk? Start your own thread and stop hijacking this one.

@RufusXZ, I wouldn't worry about how many barracks to put down because your space, pop, and happy needs are going to help you decide that. I agree with Agent that maximizing Traz involves carefully picking the units you want it to produce. I also agree that the rogue and grenadier combo would be a good one to start with, although full disclosure I haven't fought in Colonial and base that suggestion on advice of those who have.

Plain Red Justice

Huh? Where in my post did I recommend anyone to spend a single Diamond to overcome years of sub optimal gameplay?

As per usual feel free to refute literally anything in my post instead of getting mad

Graviton

Huh? Where in my post did I recommend anyone to spend a single Diamond to overcome years of sub optimal gameplay?

As per usual feel free to refute literally anything in my post instead of getting mad

He refuted literally everything you've ever posted. Try listening to and replying to criticism instead of dismissing it and you might learn a few things about the game.

Plain Red Justice

He refuted literally everything you've ever posted. Try listening to and replying to criticism instead of dismissing it and you might learn a few things about the game.
Wrong. My post is completely on topic since he mentioned words like GBG, Battles and he's a lower age player. I pointed out why Battling is suboptimal both in terms of personal growth and guild advances while you're still on the lower ages.

As for the others, I am always very capable of dismissing the words of a person that lost his cool. Now if you, Graviton, have anything to refute in my post, feel free to make an attempt and we can all enjoyably discuss it on the road to become better FOE players or else staying silent is an option too

Iroh the Tea Maker

What @Nicholas002 said, and do it asap because you need current age units. Don't forget that your barracks don't need a road or even to be completely built for the Traz to work -- you won't be making units in the barracks, Traz will do that for you. If you have a Colonial Champ Retreat you can put that down for a while until you have a bunch built, then store the Retreat. Work on your military GBs to make your units stronger.

And ignore the troll.

OP take this advice.

Traz changed my game and made it possible to do GE4 every single week without depleting my goods (or army). It changes your game. That and A/D boosts.

In my experimental, fully functional IA city, I deplete goods quickly doing GE2, despite having an extremely helpful guild to take my trades. World of difference.

Graviton

Wrong. My post is completely on topic since he mentioned words like GBG, Battles and he's a lower age player. I pointed out why Battling is suboptimal both in terms of personal growth and guild advances while you're still on the lower ages.

I'll refute the same point of yours that you seem to make in every post, and that I have refuted before: your opinion is not objective, and different styles work for different people. You continue to make this same mistake, believing there's only one way to play this game and you have it all figured out. Listen and learn instead of posturing and putting everybody off. If you've discovered a play style that you enjoy, that's great! But it's not the only way to play, and people who disagree with you aren't ignorant.

Plain Red Justice

I'll refute the same point of yours that you seem to make in every post, and that I have refuted before: your opinion is not objective, and different styles work for different people. You continue to make this same mistake, believing there's only one way to play this game and you have it all figured out. Listen and learn instead of posturing and putting everybody off. If you've discovered a play style that you enjoy, that's great! But it's not the only way to play, and people who disagree with you aren't ignorant.

You seem to really like attacking my posts for some reason so I am going to assume that you'd like to contest what I've said. Go ahead Graviton, do tell me why you think that Negotiating in the lower ages is not optimal and won't lead to an improvement to a player compared to Battling

Last edited by a moderator: