• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Military Unit: Champion Archer

DeletedUser33036

I think LMA artillery is far better than most artillery. As the you move further into the ages artillery gets worse and worsr intil TE. For one thing artillery growth rates fail to keep up with other units, for an other the range of an artillery unit means less and less when all the other units gain range. Especially when fast units get range in PE.

Triopoly Champion

Says the person who uses 3 cannon 5 heavy against 1 horse 2 archer 2 heavy – If you were smart you'd use all cannons and take no damage, but you're not, so you didn't.
I don't have an active GE encounter with the enemy combination of 2 Heavy Knights + 3 Longbow Archers + 3 Imperial Guards, if you use 8 cannons, 1 of them is likely to be hit down.

I'm showing you how the enemy knight can't reach my cannons, not how I can win the battle with the least amount of the damages. I'd rather to lose 1 imperial guard than 1 cannon, because the training of imperial guard doesn't cost supplies only coins.

I don't want to build 2 cannon camps in my city because of the high requirements of the population costs. Also Guild Expeditions have rewarded me much more unattached heavy units than the unattached artillery units.

This is all I have, I don't have 8 cannons in my minor world.
Forge of Empires - Only 5 Imperial Guards and 3 Cannons.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't have an active GE encounter with the enemy combination of 2 Heavy Knights + 3 Longbow Archers + 3 Imperial Guards, if you use 8 cannons, 1 of them is likely to be hit down.

I'm showing you how the enemy knight can't reach my cannons, not how I can win the battle with the least amount of the damages. I'd rather to lose 1 imperial guard than 1 cannon, because the training of imperial guard doesn't cost supplies only coins.

I don't want to build 2 cannon camps in my city because of the high requirements of the population costs. Also Guild Expeditions have rewarded me much more unattached heavy units than the unattached artillery units.
See, this is why you can't use logic with tucker, @C00KIEGUY23145. He'll come back with nonsense like this that has nothing to do with either what he posted earlier or what you posted in reply.:rolleyes:

Triopoly Champion

Says the person who uses 3 cannon 5 heavy against 1 horse 2 archer 2 heavy – If you were smart you'd use all cannons and take no damage, but you're not, so you didn't.
I can use my top Colonial troop but this isn't my main point to show everyone. I want to show how my 3 cannons are undamaged while the enemy knight trying to reach them but instead hit 1 of my imperial guards.

I'm in Colonial Age now, so 1 CA Champion + 7 Rogues will always be the best attacking troop in Mount Killmore.
Forge of Empires - Mount Killmore Army Management.jpg
To beat my 5 Imperial Guards + 3 Cannons, PC AI will need the Champion Archers.

Yup, I always enjoyed to show the Army Management screenshot of my minor world to an opponent player in the major world.

How are people still making this mistake? Tuck isn't stupid, he's just so advanced that our brains can't comprehend the complexities and intricacies with which he works.
The best choice for me would be 8 field guns, but this won't show how I can protect my artillery units from the enemy fast unit.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28670

I can use my top Colonial troop but this isn't my main point to show everyone. I want to show how my 3 cannons are undamaged while the enemy knight trying to reach them but instead hit 1 of my imperial guards.

I'm in Colonial Age now, so 1 CA Champion + 7 Rogues will always be the best attacking troop in Mount Killmore.
View attachment 9519
To beat my 5 Imperial Guards + 3 Cannons, PC AI will need the Champion Archers.

Yup, I always enjoyed to show the Army Management screenshot of my minor world to an opponent player in the major world.

The best choice for me would be 8 field guns, but this won't show how I can protect my artillery units from the enemy fast unit.
Tuckerkao coming back with the win with useless information.

DeletedUser32397

Ok, fact check. It's "ALWAYS" the "BEST ATTACKING TROOP"
1) Last time I checked the word TROOP was singular, and could not apply to 8 troops at a time, but ya know, I could be wrong :rolleyes:
2) Excuse me, but will this ALWAYS be the best attacking combo? Hmm...... what about against 8 Rangers? Yes? No?
3) Hate to break it to you (not), but the best CA combo is one GRENADIER and seven rogues, due to the extra range, and unless you're up against eight artillery, which is still easy, you will almost always take no damage. Against 8 artillery, you should only take one maximum 3 casualties.
4) Last time I checked, if you're using an attack comp in GE without 7 rogues while having loads, you're a noob. Period. No excuses.
5) Did you seriously say that the AI needs this trash champion archer? Against 5 heavy 3 artillery, the AI should get decent damage or most likely win with 8 artillery.

Tuckerkao, please, go get some common sense, some brains, and some logic if you can, and come back here.

Triopoly Champion

I'll not use my 7 rogues in some of the encounters in GE level 1 because they take very long to heal, why damage my best troops in some low level battles I'll win anyway. I only have 33 rogues at the moment, not 100+. It's really not a big hurt to get several of my Imperial Guards injured on the battle, they always retire after I start to fight GE level 2.

Grenadiers have the same amount of attack and defense as Colonial Champions, but Grenadiers don't have Chivalry or Call of Duty bonus. Especially in the tight battles, AI will have the hard time to kill my very last Champion.

I'd rather to fight 8 AI Grenadiers than 8 AI CA Champions. It's much easier to win with my 1 Color Guard + 7 musketeers against 8 AI Grenadiers than with my 1 ranger + 7 rogues against 8 AI CA Champions.

My Military Boost is only Attack: 48% and Defense: 45%, Zeus: 5, CoA: 5, CdM: 5 and CA Royal Marble Gateway. I assume your GBs are much stronger because you played longer than me.

8 Rangers should always be confronted by 1 Grenadier + 7 Rogues, but this only appear 1 or 2 times in my entire GE week.

I entered Colonial with only 5 months of total gameplays in Mount Killmore, so Grenadiers aren't strong enough for me. Sorry C00KIEGUY23145, whatever that Grenadier combo works for you is not for me because we use different strategies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32397

I'll not use my 7 rogues in some of the encounters in GE level 1 because they take very long to heal, why damage my best troops in some low level battles I'll win anyway. I only have 33 rogues at the moment, not 100+. It's really not a big hurt to get several of my Imperial Guards injured on the battle, they always retire after I start to fight GE level 2.
:rolleyes: I use 7 rogues when I only have 20, I have LESS than you and I use them, and if you had brains and skills you wouldn't take damage.

DeletedUser

Grenadiers have the same amount of attack and defense as Colonial Champions, but Grenadiers don't have Chivalry or Call of Duty bonus. Especially in the tight battles, AI will have the hard time to kill my very last Champion.
The Chivalry and Call of Duty are so minimal as to be irrelevant. What isn't irrelevant is the fact that the Grenadier can attack from 2 tiles away, and thus take no return damage. That is huge.
I'd rather to fight 8 AI Grenadiers than 8 AI CA Champions. It's much easier to win with my 1 Color Guard + 7 musketeers against 8 AI Grenadiers than with my 1 ranger + 7 rogues against 8 AI CA Champions.
Why would you use a Color Guard instead of an 8th Musketeer? 8 Musketeers will almost always beat 8 AI Grenadiers with little to no damage. However, 1 Ranger with 7 Rogues will also beat 8 AI Champions with little to no damage, so it's really a wash. Champions don't start being really worthwhile units until they become heavy units with range in the higher eras. However, I rarely use them even then except in defense.

Incidentally, on one of the 3 worlds that I finished GE level 4 today, I am in Colonial Age and I fought exclusively until more than halfway through level 3. And my boost is 53/39, I have 9 Rogues, and no Traz on that world. :)

Triopoly Champion

:rolleyes: I use 7 rogues when I only have 20, I have LESS than you and I use them, and if you had brains and skills you wouldn't take damage.
My Zeus, CoA and CdM are only triple 5, most players say they are way too weak for Colonial. If I can bring them up to triple 7, I'll not use a color guard.

I tried with 1 Grenaider + 7 Rogues several times, but ended up taking almost twice the damage.

Triopoly Champion

Because they're absolutely right. I have an IA city with better attack stats than that. That's sad.
Do you want to know why I did this, because I had the serious argument with an Arctic Future player in Mount Killmore, he predicted I could never enter Colonial. He said if I dare to touch the clockmaking tech or/and CA Champion's Retreat before April 14, 2018, he would quit this game.

I started my Mount Killmore city on Oct 14, 2017, I have both The Arc and Alcatraz.

I was more happy that AF player deleted his account few days ago than I would really play good in this game. Ask Algona, he's in MK, where did LP go?

Last edited:

qaccy

Agreed, by LMA most players have champions to combat cannons and cannons have 2 less range (correct me if I'm wrong) than trebs and cats, which on top of more horses makes them useless.

If you can indicate why the -2 range on cannons actually makes them worse, I'd be delighted to hear it. It actually makes absolutely no difference, and you still gain the massive stat advantage over trebuchets.

Consider: Everything's going to move before them, which means they're going to be close enough to strike even with 'only' 12 range. The exception is other artillery units, which, due to dug in, are hardly a threat because they're going to be hitting for maybe 3 damage at most.

Last edited:

DeletedUser33002

I've always used 5 Imperial Guards to surround my 3 Cannons on the left side, so the enemy fast units often ended up attacking my heavy units instead.

My strategy won't work in HMA because the enemy ranged units can shoot down Trebuchets pretty easily.

What were your trebuchet firing at then?

DeletedUser33002

r
If you can indicate why the -2 range on cannons actually makes them worse, I'd be delighted to hear it. It actually makes absolutely no difference, and you still gain the massive stat advantage over trebuchets.

Consider: Everything's going to move before them, which means they're going to be close enough to strike even with 'only' 12 range. The exception is other artillery units, which, due to dug in, are hardly a threat because they're going to be hitting for maybe 3 damage at most.

I enjoy killing LMA sectors containing cannons with my trebuchets.

DeletedUser33002

My Zeus, CoA and CdM are only triple 5, most players say they are way too weak for Colonial. If I can bring them up to triple 7, I'll not use a color guard.

I tried with 1 Grenaider + 7 Rogues several times, but ended up taking almost twice the damage.

You only need triple 3 to fight up to the PE map with CA units. Just learn how to use the attached units and not rogues on everything.

DeletedUser33002

My Military Boost is only Attack: 48% and Defense: 45%, Zeus: 5, CoA: 5, CdM: 5 and CA Royal Marble Gateway. I assume your GBs are much stronger because you played longer than me.

8 Rangers should always be confronted by 1 Grenadier + 7 Rogues, but this only appear 1 or 2 times in my entire GE week.

I entered Colonial with only 5 months of total gameplays in Mount Killmore, so Grenadiers aren't strong enough for me. Sorry C00KIEGUY23145, whatever that Grenadier combo works for you is not for me because we use different strategies.

5 months to CA is horribly long already. In X world 5 months I'm CE and almost into TE.
(Oh and with no diamonds involved plus I'm doing CM/GE/hood fights easily just inbe4 u asked)