• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Military Unit: Champion Archer

Triopoly Champion

Since I left HMA, no more chance to fight mounted archers in Guild Expedition.

Regular Champion's Retreat will produce different champions for each age depending on the time the building was acquired.

Mounted archers are strategically bounded to only EMA and HMA, I'll be nice if I can train Champion Archers in LMA or in Colonial.

LMA Cannons seem overpowered somehow, always able to wipe out enemies quickly, need Champion Archers to balance the battles.

Triopoly Champion

LMA cannons overpowered?!? And you want to use archers in Colonial? Against muskets? Man, you are too much! :rolleyes:
I don't know how to call all of them in each era, but I want a ranged unit that moves as rapidly as the fast unit in each era as the special unit.

Maybe "Mounted Rifleman" or "Champion Rifleman" in Industrial Age.

DeletedUser

I don't know how to call all of them in each era, but I want a ranged unit that moves as rapidly as the fast unit in each era as the special unit.

Maybe "Mounted Rifleman" or "Champion Rifleman" in Industrial Age.
Just be patient. In Industrial Age the heavy unit can fire from range, and starting in Progressive pretty much every unit can.

On the main login page (on PC) you can click on "Wiki" and select "units" on the list on the left, then scroll down to see unit capabilities through the ages.

Triopoly Champion

Just be patient. In Industrial Age the heavy unit can fire from range, and starting in Progressive pretty much every unit can.

On the main login page (on PC) you can click on "Wiki" and select "units" on the list on the left, then scroll down to see unit capabilities through the ages.
Just unlocked the clockmaking tech, piling up my Colonial goods, should be able to advance to Industrial Age safely by mid-April, 2018.

Didn't know how I ended up with so many Tars so quick, but I'm only 72 away from my 720 Tars goal.
Forge of Empires - Colonial Inventory 03-22-2018.jpg
The amounts of HMA goods I have are the perfect match to the InA tech requirements shown on Algona's table.

Last edited:

qaccy

LMA cannons are one of the worst units in game lol

Disagree. Obviously only being compared to their contemporaries (which would be LMA and HMA units), cannons are perfectly able to fight. I hope you're not someone who's hung up on 'well it has less range than the trebuchet, so it clearly must suck'. Or maybe you're just biased against artillery units in general, perhaps because they generally don't pair well with overpowered rogues?

DeletedUser33002

Disagree. Obviously only being compared to their contemporaries (which would be LMA and HMA units), cannons are perfectly able to fight. I hope you're not someone who's hung up on 'well it has less range than the trebuchet, so it clearly must suck'. Or maybe you're just biased against artillery units in general, perhaps because they generally don't pair well with overpowered rogues?

I am a super fan with artillery units in IA,EMA,HMA,CA. just not LMA.

DeletedUser32397

I am a super fan with artillery units in IA,EMA,HMA,CA. just not LMA.
Agreed, by LMA most players have champions to combat cannons and cannons have 2 less range (correct me if I'm wrong) than trebs and cats, which on top of more horses makes them useless.

Triopoly Champion

Agreed, by LMA most players have champions to combat cannons and cannons have 2 less range (correct me if I'm wrong) than trebs and cats, which on top of more horses makes them useless.
I've always used 5 Imperial Guards to surround my 3 Cannons on the left side, so the enemy fast units often ended up attacking my heavy units instead.

My strategy won't work in HMA because the enemy ranged units can shoot down Trebuchets pretty easily.