• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Moving from Colonial to Industrial

• Thread starter DeletedUser33636
  • Start date

DeletedUser33636

Whats a good amount of goods to have before moving on to Industrial? I was thinking about having at least 3000 of each good. I’ve already built Frankenstein but not a Deal Castle and probably won’t for awhile since I don’t get attacked. I may end up having quite a bit more as I’m trying to get my CDM to lvl 10 before moving on and will buying goods for CF as well. I’m trying to think way ahead to Modern era and want to be prepared for the change in goods.

Triopoly Champion

Have Zeus, CoA and CdM all up to level 10, so the players can finish Industrial GE level 3 without problems.

In Colonial, the enemy boosts are only 30% in encounter #48. In Industrial, the enemy boosts jump up to 50% there.

I'd rather to have a Rain Forest Project GB built, then level it up, so I don't have to worry about the unrefined goods after reaching Modern Era or higher.

DeletedUser33636

Have Zeus, CoA and CdM all up to level 10, so the players can finish Industrial GE level 3 without problems.

In Colonial, the enemy boosts are only 30% in encounter #48. In Industrial, the enemy boosts jump up to 50% there.

I'd rather to have a Rain Forest Project GB built, then level it up, so I don't have to worry about the unrefined goods after reaching Modern Era or higher.

I’ve neglected my army boost GBs going after Arc and Inno Tower but am working on those now. I’ll sit and continue to work on those to 10. Thanks for the heads up regarding the GE enemies. By the time I get those done my goods might be closer to 5000/ea.

Ive got the SMB and FD which give unrefined goods. I’ll look into adding the Rainforest before I get into Modern era, which will be awhile, but I like to plan ahead.

BruteForceAttack

I’ve neglected my army boost GBs going after Arc and Inno Tower but am working on those now. I’ll sit and continue to work on those to 10. Thanks for the heads up regarding the GE enemies. By the time I get those done my goods might be closer to 5000/ea.

Ive got the SMB and FD which give unrefined goods. I’ll look into adding the Rainforest before I get into Modern era, which will be awhile, but I like to plan ahead.

Which GBS do you have now and what level are they at?

DeletedUser31592

Rain Forest Project in ME for unrefined goods is a terrible solution. It would be the absolute LAST goods-producing GB (other than maybe the Atlantis Museum) that I would build. Why? You have to pay FPs for goods! An absolute waste!
You can build both an LOA and TOB, save space (32 squares combined versus 36), cost less FPs (no buying goods plus they are cheaper to level) and get the same results. Add in a SMB, RAH, etc... and the RFP becomes even more ridiculous.

OP- take Tucker's advice with a grain of salt. He has some interesting theories and strategies. If you read some of the forums, you will find that his ideas may not always be the best to follow.

DeletedUser33636

I've just about got all bps for RAH so I'll be able to add it pretty quickly once I get into industrial and along the way up be leveling my fd smb and LoA for the unrefined goods.

BruteForceAttack

Zeus - 5
SMB - 2
CoA - 4
INNO - 5
ARC - 6
CDM - 5
ToR - 4
FD - 2
Hagia - 6
LoA - 4

Sitting on 14 million coin and 6 million supply

I'd level coa one level, and then work on leveling your arc first. Good that you are getting CF. Once you start doing Recurring Quests. (e.g. Spend x fp, collect y coins), you can get all other resources, i.e. goods, coins, supplies, bps, medals and fps from doing Recurring Quests.

Next GBs
CF
RAH
Cape

You don't need to worry about unrefined goods if you do Recurring Quests :)

DeletedUser33636

I'd level coa one level, and then work on leveling your arc first. Good that you are getting CF. Once you start doing Recurring Quests. (e.g. Spend x fp, collect y coins), you can get all other resources, i.e. goods, coins, supplies, bps, medals and fps from doing Recurring Quests.

Next GBs
CF
RAH
Cape

I've already started the reoccurring quests and have 30 clock makers made so I'll be going after a CF in a week or so. I've got 5/9 Cape BPS so far. That was on my list after the CF.

BruteForceAttack

I've already started the reoccurring quests and have 30 clock makers made so I'll be going after a CF in a week or so. I've got 5/9 Cape BPS so far. That was on my list after the CF.

Okay what you are doing is Heavy RQs, in addition to that, once you have high level arc, you can do spend x fp. Just with spend fps Rq you do lot of quests.

DeletedUser29623

Just be aware that when you move up to Industrial, the 24-hour supply production RQ goes from two to four

Triopoly Champion

Rain Forest Project in ME for unrefined goods is a terrible solution. It would be the absolute LAST goods-producing GB (other than maybe the Atlantis Museum) that I would build. Why? You have to pay FPs for goods! An absolute waste!
You can build both an LOA and TOB, save space (32 squares combined versus 36), cost less FPs (no buying goods plus they are cheaper to level) and get the same results. Add in a SMB, RAH, etc... and the RFP becomes even more ridiculous.
Almost everyone has LoA and SMB, some have FoD and RAH as well as ToB, I have all 5 of those GBs, the amount of goods I've gotten from them have been just barely enough according to my expectation. FE goods are way over-supplied in my guild, I'm pretty sure my guild leader who has the level 71 Rain Forest Project isn't a dummy in Mount Killmore.

500 fps to buy an RFP seems to be somewhat cheap to me, I have 64 fps minimum income daily, that's only around 7-8 days of payment. Consider how many more blueprints I'll get in the future.
Forge of Empires - Colonial Goods Inventory 07-07-2018.jpg
Forge of Empires - Colonial Fantasy 07-07-2018.jpg

DeletedUser31592

Almost everyone has LoA and SMB, some have FoD and RAH as well as ToB, I have all 5 of those GBs, the amount of goods I've gotten from them have been just barely enough according to my expectation. FE goods are way over-supplied in my guild, I'm pretty sure my guild leader who has the level 71 Rain Forest Project isn't a dummy in Mount Killmore.

500 fps to buy an RFP seems to be somewhat cheap to me, I have 64 fps minimum income daily, that's only around 7-8 days of payment. Consider how many more blueprints I'll get in the future.

PAYING hundreds of FPs for a RFP is dumb. Your guild leader is probably at/past FE, so having a RFP isn't an issue for him. Telling someone not to advance out of COLONIAL AGE without one is terrible advice.

And, who the heck needs blueprints if you are using your Arc correctly?

Triopoly Champion

I've just about got all bps for RAH so I'll be able to add it pretty quickly once I get into industrial and along the way up be leveling my fd smb and LoA for the unrefined goods.
Royal Albert Hall and/or Hagia Sophia can be an issue to some players with the land space, it's good for me I have this GB, whether the supply boosts are important, it's up to the players to decide.

PAYING hundreds of FPs for a RFP is dumb. Your guild leader is probably at/past FE, so having a RFP isn't an issue for him. Telling someone not to advance out of COLONIAL AGE without one is terrible advice.

And, who the heck needs blueprints if you are using your Arc correctly?
I told Burntomaro not to move up from Progressive into Modern without the Rain Forest Project, please read the first 3 posts again.

There aren't so many Dynamic Tower GBs on the swap threads, The Arc alone won't give me enough DT blueprints as well as Voyage and Seed Vault. If I hadn't trade my Colonial goods up to Industrial and/or Progressive, I would already have over 4,000 of each types.

The recurring quests will only reward current age goods, I prefer to have more GBs giving me unrefined goods from 3 eras ago.

I don't want to stay in Industrial for 1 year like "Manda the First", I can safely hop to Postmodern with a level 8-9 RFP, it'll give me sufficient Industrial goods which the Recurring Quests cannot at that time.

The huge Arcs will suddenly devalue as soon as the players enter Arctic Future, RFP will be extremely strong in that era due to the fact Contemporary goods always run lower than it should. I like to do intense-battles anyway, so camp in Contemporary will be an excellent choice, AA Vehicles always retaliate with the contact ability, but I want to control both the Contemporary(Inno Tower) and the Progressive(Traz) goods during that specific camp.

Huge Arc fans always discriminate against other GBs, no doubt why they refuse to enter Arctic Future at all the costs. Wonderful news that Virtual Future will be released soon, so VF players will earn more unrefined FE goods and best to accompany them with the RFP, then deliver the apocalypse blows to the economic foundations of those FE huge Arc players.

500 fps is really cheap for me, having the RFP, I can do the tech race much more efficiently without worries to the back, I just need to work on my existing GBs up to the desired levels, then I can head to the Contemporary Era, sell the Traz and Inno Tower goods, earn back 500 fps is going to be really quick.

Several of my guild mates complained about the shortages of Indy Fertilizers and PME Renewable Resources, they eventually built the RFP.

Last edited:

ODragon

I checked the top 15 players in my friend list and top 5 in my guild (all Tomorrow and above), only 2 of them have the RFP and they are L10 and L9. Based on that, I wouldn't do it.

As for moving up, to Ind, I'm in CA and not moving up until the summer event when I can torture my neighbors with 4+ weeks of plundering. Personally, I got all 4 attack GBs to L10+ before I'd even think of moving. Most can/will skip the AO and that's okay, it is a bit pricey but I'd make sure the other 3 are at 10. There are a lot of sharks out there.

DeletedUser33636

Lots of good advice. I’m going to sit for quite awhile longer and not worry about how many goods I have. By the time I get my battle GBs to 10, my Arc over 10, buy CF and Traz goods, I’ll have a s**t ton as I’m gaining around 350 colonial goods / day. I need to learn to sit at the end of eras and not rush to get to the next one.

RazorbackPirate

Lots of good advice. I’m going to sit for quite awhile longer and not worry about how many goods I have. By the time I get my battle GBs to 10, my Arc over 10, buy CF and Traz goods, I’ll have a s**t ton as I’m gaining around 350 colonial goods / day. I need to learn to sit at the end of eras and not rush to get to the next one.

Take the opportunity to trade some of those CA goods down to back fill the LMA and HMA goods you'll need to unlock Tech when you finally do advance.

You'll need HMA, LMA, and CA goods to unlock Indy Tech, LMA and CA to unlock PE Tech. You can click on each age here to find out the number you'll need of each good.

https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Ages

I'd also stock up on all the coins and supplies needed to unlock tech also with plenty extra to rebuild with Indy buildings as you unlock the Tech. You might even want to save up enough FP packs to research right to the production building you'll want to Quest with and the highest density houses to save the most space.

Then set up camp again while you quest and stock up and level to prepare for PE.

DeletedUser31592

Also trade up from CA to Indy for the required goods before moving into Indy is always a good practice.
No, it isn't. It shorts you the previous age goods, which are still needed for many things (GE, tech, etc...)

The best practice is to hoard coins and supplies and then repeatedly complete the Unbirthday Quest once you reach the new era.