• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Need Advice - Seriously

Jools1956

Need advice on GB to build. Am in Industrial Age - Capital or Royal Albert Hall. But, here's the wrinkle - I am building my city age specific - which means no Habitat or Inno for quite a few eras. (Yes, I know most will say whaaat?, but that is what I am doing). So, if I build the Capital to clear space I most likely will have to bulldoze it in a few era thereby losing points, which will be very painful. If I don't build, I'll have to keep housing which takes up space. I play alot, so maybe don't need the supplies, etc. from RAH, but.....maybe I'm missing another benefit? So, soliciting opinions and votes. I'm usually pretty sure about what I'm doing, but this one I need some input on. Thanks in advance for constructive replies!

ODragon

My opinion is that you are crazy but going past that, I would say that if you are willing to destroy it later, go with the Cap to get rid of the housing. If you only go to level 2 or 3 and do it all from swaps, in the long run, you won't have lost too many FPs.

DeletedUser31498

Depends on your city. What is your current Pop needs, and what do you anticipate it being until you reach PME. (Asking bc some people use HQS for goods and require WAY less pop, etc). I would calculate how much space your housing would occupy, vs the capitol and FP, and see if you can use that extra space to generate enough FPs in the time you'll take to advance.

But without knowing how much space you free up, and if you'd have enough SoK/SSW/TF to fill it, and the time to reach PME, no one can answer for you.

DeletedUser34480

I've read a discussion somewhere that keeping houses is better until you get Habitat/InnoTower.

DeletedUser27889

Capitol. I would normally say because clearing out the houses makes much more room for other advanced GBs, though that's not the case in your play style it will still make more room for more useful things.

One note on needing to delete it, depending upon how you play you might not need to. If you plan on raising Chat so it provides most of your goods, raising traz and having it create rogues to pair with the UA you get in GE you're not going to be needing a whole lot of population.

Currently I do both of those things and am only using 6K pop (PE) that would be a level 7 Capitol if you had absolutely nothing else pop wise. The vast majority are spend on TFs and 8HR FP buildings. Capitol isn't the best but I think it could last you much longer depending on your play style and while it's not fun to ever delete a GB if it comes down to it all the things you'll gain by freeing that space for that length of time will more than make up for the waste. IMHO of course.

wolfhoundtoo

RAH has current era goods for Industrial so that means you might not need the space for goods buildings or the associated population. It might also let you reduce the number of supply buildings you have (no clue what your build is so can't be sure).

And assuming you decide to quest loop once you reach PE and get the Chateau it would help you complete more of the supply quests faster.

DeletedUser35475

RAH has current era goods for Industrial so that means you might not need the space for goods buildings or the associated population. It might also let you reduce the number of supply buildings you have (no clue what your build is so can't be sure).

And assuming you decide to quest loop once you reach PE and get the Chateau it would help you complete more of the supply quests faster.

Do the quests start to provide more goods starting at PE? I am in Ind and mine are mostly coins and supplies with the occasional unit/good/fp pack.

wolfhoundtoo

the chateau (GB from PE) boosts what you win from quests. As you raise the level of it then you can get ore goods.

DeletedUser35475

the chateau (GB from PE) boosts what you win from quests. As you raise the level of it then you can get ore goods.

I see that but do you get more quests that give goods as a reward the higher you go? I have 2 side quests but most of the time the rewards are coins/supplies/fp packs. I don't get goods as a reward that often.

RazorbackPirate

I see that but do you get more quests that give goods as a reward the higher you go? I have 2 side quests but most of the time the rewards are coins/supplies/fp packs. I don't get goods as a reward that often.

Recurring Quests give Random Rewards. Frequency and amount of each is documented in the link. CF boosts the number you recieve of all except for BPs and FPs in the Pack.

https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Reward

DeletedUser35475

Thanks. I see where goods and other things are listed as being rewards only in the PE era. Is that correct?

RazorbackPirate

Thanks. I see where goods and other things are listed as being rewards only in the PE era. Is that correct?

No the way the table is written it means it is the same for all ages. Always 1 blueprint from a GB your age or lower, always a 5 FP pack, always 5 goods from your current age. When it gives goods, it is 5 of the same, not 1 of each.

In my LMA city, my Chateau is currently at Level 8 with a 115% boost. Each time it gives goods, I get 11 instead of the base amount of 5. Medals I get 108, instead of the base 50, large coin or supply packages I receive 12,500 instead of the base amount of 10,000. Make sense?

DeletedUser35475

Ah ha. Thanks.I was wondering why people would refer to the Chateau as a good goods producer. Now I understand.

RazorbackPirate

Ah ha. Thanks.I was wondering why people would refer to the Chateau as a good goods producer. Now I understand.

Of the 14 random rewards, 5 of the 14 are goods. Each good has a 1 in 14 chance of being given, so 5 of the 14 are goods.

In that same LMA city, I complete about 80-85 RQs per day. That produces 330 goods per day on average, all 5 goods. On any given day, the goods are not well distributed, but by the end of the week, I will have gotten roughly the same amount of each good.

DeletedUser35475

80-85 a day! Holy crap. Are the RQ's the same thing as a Bonus Quest or a Side Quest?

RazorbackPirate

80-85 a day! Holy crap. Are the RQ's the same thing as a Bonus Quest or a Side Quest?

No. Once you complete all the Bonus Quests or a Side Quests, you will get Recurring Quests. As you progress through the Tech Tree and on the C-map, you'll occasionally complete actions that launch a new side quest or two, but once those are completed, or aborted, the RQs return.

For instance, you complete the research on a new type of house and that triggers a Side Quest to build 3 of those houses. Once you're done, collect the reward, and the RQs return. All the Quests tell you what they are, look in the top left corner and you'll see if it a Story Quest, Side Quest, Bonus Quest or Recurring Quest.

DeletedUser35475

I have completed many of the side quests and bonus quests but I don't recall every seeing a Reoccurring Quest pop up. Right now I have a Bonus Quest and a Side Quest (I usually keep some completed quests for the DC). I just completed them now and they were replaced with another Bonus Quest and Side Quest.

Is it possible to delete the Reoccurring Quests? When I first started I got tired of all the Quests popping up and I deleted something. My luck it was the Reoccurring Quests :eek::eek:

Agent327

Is it possible to delete the Reoccurring Quests? When I first started I got tired of all the Quests popping up and I deleted something. My luck it was the Reoccurring Quests :eek::eek:

They are called Recurring Quests and not Reocurring quests. Yes you can delete them, but strangely enough they reappear again and again. You would almost think that is why they are called "recurring".

Now do you need proof for that?

DeletedUser26965

Now do you need proof for that?
That's quite different than claiming other servers let you cross world trade which no one has heard of or mentioned except you, that's why the burden of proof is on you and not anyone not believing you. I could tell you the easter bunny exists, I guess you'll just have to believe me ay? And when you question that I'll just reply go search the universe, you'll run across him eventually.