• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Need more Store Building reward opportunities

DreadfulCadillac

I am a strong AYE on this proposal - I've been needing to store an SoA for bout a week now, but I can't seem to get any store building kits!

Dursland

They have added store building fragments to GE. After 2 weeks I'm at 10/15 needed to assemble one.

But you're right, they have been missing from events as of late.

MariB64

I rarely see Store Building as a reward anymore. would be nice to have more opportunities to obtain them.
Yes I've been wishing there were more of these rewards also. Only have a few left from a pretty good stockpile of them a few months ago.

CDmark

I don't use them a lot so I have a stockpile. I am glad I did bcs as I remove certain event buildings while making GE5 changes, I want them saved in case they get a golden upgrade, Asylum comes to mind.

Darkest.Knight

Also chronically short on store buildings, I occasionally just delete an item instead of selling it. Since I don't find much to trade for in market these days I've accumulated over 600K trade coins so I have plenty to bid on next item I like in the market.

Dursland

I'm surprised at how many people picked Pizzeria over Bistro but I guess with all the other things giving one-up kit fragments, it was a good choice.

DreadfulCadillac

Pizzerias w/BG are your friend in this case. I thought it was strange when it offered store building fragments so I took a look at beta and saw this mess in the works so I stocked up on 3 of them. This is ALL from Pizzeria fragments and they add up pretty quick with a Blue Galaxy.

View attachment 20264
Can you please donate some of those store building kits to me good sir? lol

Orius Maximus

I'm surprised at how many people picked Pizzeria over Bistro but I guess with all the other things giving one-up kit fragments, it was a good choice.

That was probably my thinking, I was already making 1 up fragments, so the store building was more useful. I've been remodeling my city and they've been getting some use.

Karen Isaacsdottir

I rarely see Store Building as a reward anymore. would be nice to have more opportunities to obtain them.
When I logged on just now, you could buy one for 250 diamonds. I see them all the time in the Antique dealer for a reasonable price...my gripe about them on sale is a) diamonds? Really? Antique Dealer... and b) modal dialog, can't just click on the background (web player) and dismiss. I despise modal dialogs.

Attachments

• lame lame lame.png
    lame lame lame.png
    625.5 KB · Views: 1

Darkest.Knight

I need more store buildings, had a bunch and used them all. 250 diamonds is too expensive for me, I'll wait and get more playing along. Since I have close to 800,000 tavern coins I've been deleting items lately instead of storing and selling them.

Xenosaur

The picture is sharpening, dramatically. Things we took for granted, have a new lease on their importance. People sold off Ritual Flames, Face of the Ancient, store buildings - anything they thought had no game value - but look a these things now - harder to get, and more uses for them than previously.

Some that were sold easily, now raise a red flag to owners that say - do I really need the auction coins from this now (with millions of AC already accrued... or should I err on the side of caution, and leave it in inventory, as it might have more value, or even new value in the game?

All over the game, shortages of thing we thought were routine items - are popping up as more critical.

I think the pendulum is swinging to be more cautious on what was routinely deleted from the city, or dumped (sold) or just eliminated via the AD.

This also means the lowly Victory Tower, might someday be actually important!! ;) o_O

Karen Isaacsdottir

The picture is sharpening, dramatically. Things we took for granted, have a new lease on their importance. People sold off Ritual Flames, Face of the Ancient, store buildings - anything they thought had no game value - but look a these things now - harder to get, and more uses for them than previously.

Some that were sold easily, now raise a red flag to owners that say - do I really need the auction coins from this now (with millions of AC already accrued... or should I err on the side of caution, and leave it in inventory, as it might have more value, or even new value in the game?

All over the game, shortages of thing we thought were routine items - are popping up as more critical.

I think the pendulum is swinging to be more cautious on what was routinely deleted from the city, or dumped (sold) or just eliminated via the AD.

This also means the lowly Victory Tower, might someday be actually important!! ;)
Everything you said except the Victory Tower bit :D

Xenosaur

@Karen Isaacsdottir - ;)

It was sorta a "tongue in cheek" suggestion - but - Inno has recently shown that they can cross-function game ideas (GE 5 is a one such example by using city defender in a new way...) , and even cross-function existing products and in the future, time-limit whole new ways to enhance current products.

Here's 2 example that I'm sure are being reviewed as product concept classes (wink):

1) Extend existing structures with directly time-limited enhancements of the current value it offers: Example: If Inno wanted to smooth and increase player adoption of GE 5 and encourage more people to start playing it OR go further in it, they could offer a new product for things already won in GE 5. What if they created a flask of super-charge the GREATER RITUAL FLAME. It takes ALL/ANY currently placed GREATER RITUAL FLAME in a city and boosts it output temporarily by 50% for say, 1/2 hour (for example).

This concept means that players have to keep working @ GE 5 to get their base items first AND planted in their city, but after they get just 1 of them, Inno could then enable an item to be won that enhances the power of a class of items temporarily for use during GE 5 fighting to help the players that OWN and have deployed that product. This concept adds a 1st or 2nd derivative to a new piece, and might encourage people to be more interested in building on their winnings, vs selling things they win.

2) Extend existing structures with time-limited new feature enhancements The Victory tower is the running joke of the game, frankly. There are guilds that say in their profile: If you have Victory towers in your city - do NOT apply to the guild".
So again, Inno might consider cross pollinating on the game's "ugly ducklings" so that building them first will enable a new type of temporary value/power to give it a new compelling overall game value, but only if you have it in your city or want to put them in your city.

There is so much innovation possible here - they just have to take that step to think inventively.

Angel.

People thought I was crazy to think storage containers were a great opt for my choice of Pizzeria. Somehow I hit the JP and ended up with not only one Bistro but 2 Pizzerias but I'm still always out of storage containers. Not celebrating over other people's woes on these but honestly, this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone - ANYONE - ever say they've been running low! lol My friends and guildies have been teasing me for years over how/why I use so many! (And here I thought I was all alone on this....) Now I don't feel so bad -- or so wasteful .... ;)
im out an need some bad did not pick the pizzaria thing went bristo