• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiate or Fight

Algona

Indeterminate question. Really depends on the player.

I fight GE 64 in three cities, It's faster for me then Negotiating. I don't like burning Goods, and with Traz and combat GB support Troops are really easy to come by.

In GBG my default is fight, but I do some Negotiation dependent on circumstances.

But there are a lot of top notch players who like Negotiating and can give just as hood reasons for preferring it.

Mich like the debates on Hagia Sophia and putting up city defensive structures good players will disagree over your question as you are seeing in your Guild and will shortly see here.

Sorry, can't offer you a definitive answer.

Kranyar the Mysterious

On my main city:

GE, fight all the way, but that is because I have high enough combat stats. A Traz isn't really required for GE if you don't fight hard in GBG. In that case GE should provide you with more troops than you use by far.

GBG I fight until I hit 25 to 40 attrition, then I negotiate to about 60 attrition. Negotiations are slow, and as fast as most provinces get finished I can usually get in 10 to 20 fights, whereas I can only negotiate a couple in the same time if I'm lucky. I usually use my negotiations on high attrition provinces that I wouldn't prefer to fight anyways.

DeletedUser

If you have a Traz and decent attack boost, fighting is hands down better for both GE and GBG. No matter how you slice it, negotiating will always end up with a net of less goods than fighting. Period. I mean, that's simple logic. Negotiating uses up goods. Fighting not only does not use any goods, but if you have the Himeji Castle with its Spoils of War, you generally end up with several instances of free goods after a successful battle, independent of those you will also get as encounter/advance rewards.

When GBG first started, I negotiated a lot. But since they fixed/rebalanced the attrition, I have almost exclusively battled instead. Faster and cheaper, especially if you have the Treasury goods to utilize Siege Camps.

DeletedUser40546

Depends on how you get your kicks like everybody else is saying. I'm a fighter. I like to fight got a Traz get it on! So yeah, It's Punishment Due.

The Lady Redneck

I prefer to autobattle first 3 levels in GE But with level 4 it depends how I feel as It is easy to negotiate it using an extra turn boost from the Tavern even though it is not always needed. But I will manual fight it if i have the time to spare. In BG I auto battle about 25 - 30 do about 10 manual battles then will negotiate from 10 - 20 I find Negotiating in BG is a lot easier than in GE. When it first started I grumbled about not being able to use the extra turn fron the tavern, but it is not needed.

Victoria and Albert

If you have a Traz and decent attack boost, fighting is hands down better for both GE and GBG. No matter how you slice it, negotiating will always end up with a net of less goods than fighting. Period. I mean, that's simple logic. Negotiating uses up goods. Fighting not only does not use any goods, but if you have the Himeji Castle with its Spoils of War, you generally end up with several instances of free goods after a successful battle, independent of those you will also get as encounter/advance rewards.

When GBG first started, I negotiated a lot. But since they fixed/rebalanced the attrition, I have almost exclusively battled instead. Faster and cheaper, especially if you have the Treasury goods to utilize Siege Camps.
Thank you, and everyone, for the answer that I totally agree with. We had just noticed that , for example, when you negotiate in BG, it looks as though the counter goes up for 2 for each negotiation. There also seems to be a higher ranking for the player who negotiates rather than the player who fights, when each of the guild members is just about equal in stature otherwise.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thank you, and everyone, for the answer that I totally agree with. We had just noticed that , for example, when you negotiate in BG, it looks as though the counter goes up for 2 for each negotiation. There also seems to be a higher ranking for the player who negotiates rather than the player who fights, when each of the guild members is just about equal in stature otherwise.
It does go up by 2 for every negotiation. That is because goods are always spent, and longer time to complete. So if you really need a specific amount of advances in a set amount of attrition that isn't reachable by fighting, negotiating may be the better choice.

Agent327

We have some controversy in our guild. Are there bigger gains to be had in Negotiating or in Fighting? Does this make a difference
in GE or BG?

In GE you get more points and in GBG you have more chance you will get a reward. Also in GBG your progress is 2 instead of 1.

DeletedUser31499

With 4.5 days left in GBG I’ve done 2500 fights. No way do I have the goods to negotiate that many even if I was successful negotiating on the 3rd turn 100% of the time. The rewards are supposed to be better negotiating but negotiating is slow and wasteful of goods. Autofighting is fast and with a high level Traz and fighting bonuses you can fight 1000s of fights if you use sieges

Loren1979

I am looking for some data concerning the difference between fighters and traders; especially with the new GBG:

1. What is the maximum fights for any player for an entire season (average per day would work too) vs. the maximum negotiations for any player?

2. How long does it take to fight 100 battles?

3. How long does it take to complete 50 successful negotiations?

4. How many battles is a top trader able to win in a BGB season?

5. How many negotiations is a top fighter able to complete in a BGB season?

If you are able to provide data to the above points please post a reply; I will also be posting this as a separate question.

Last edited:

Agent327

I am looking for some data concerning the difference between fighters and traders; especially with the new GBG:

1. What is the maximum fights for any player for an entire season (average per day would work too) vs. the maximum negotiations for any player?

2. How long does it take to fight 100 battles?

3. How long does it take to complete 50 successful negotiations?

4. How many battles is a top trader able to win in a BGB season?

5. How many negotiations is a top fighter able to complete in a BGB season?

If you are able to provide data to the above points please post a reply; I will also be posting this as a separate question.

1. Can't be answered Depends on the player.

2. Can't be answered. Depends on how you fight.

3. Can't be answered. Depends on your intelligence

4. Can't be answered. Depends on a trader's fight capacity

5. Can't be answered. Depends on a fighters trade capacity.

Loren1979

1. Can't be answered Depends on the player.

2. Can't be answered. Depends on how you fight.

3. Can't be answered. Depends on your intelligence

4. Can't be answered. Depends on a trader's fight capacity

5. Can't be answered. Depends on a fighters trade capacity.
Yes it can be answered. I am looking for hard data. Somewhere there is a top fighter and somewhere there is a top trader. I want to know what they can do. If they don't happen to read this thread then I want to know what the best trader and the best fighter, who do read the post, can do. To say it another way I want to compare the best with the best. Fill one city with maximum attack boost and fill another one with maximum goods production, put them both on the battleground and see who wins. Who can do the most advances? Who gets the most rewards? How much time does it take? If you want to fuss with me do it here I don't want you cluttering up my other post.

Re

UBERhelp1

Yes it can be answered. I am looking for hard data. Somewhere there is a top fighter and somewhere there is a top trader. I want to know what they can do. If they don't happen to read this thread then I want to know what the best trader and the best fighter, who do read the post, can do. To say it another way I want to compare the best with the best. Fill one city with maximum attack boost and fill another one with maximum goods production, put them both on the battleground and see who wins. Who can do the most advances? Who gets the most rewards? How much time does it take? If you want to fuss with me do it here I don't want you cluttering up my other post.

Re
How many diamonds are they allowed to spend?

Agent327

Re

There is no hard data and stop comming up with the same crap on multiple threads.

DeletedUser40546

I'm sorry, please go back to the drawing board and try again. Your line of questioning will never be answered on any kind of correct level because it all depends on the player as everyone is telling you.

Loren1979

I'm sorry, please go back to the drawing board and try again. Your line of questioning will never be answered on any kind of correct level because it all depends on the player as everyone is telling you.
Sorry, you are both wrong. There is a player who can complete the most successful battles and there is a player who can complete the most successful negotiations. There is also a best trader and a best fighter from the people who will read this post who could give us some helpful HARD DATA (how many advances they completed this season, how many rewards they received, how much time it took, etc.). The problem is we have so many arrogant well-known-long-time-know-it-all players who have nothing better to do than go around and clutter up and shoot down legitimate questions that most of the good answers will get pushed down to a later page. Do us all a favor and hold your peace already so we can hear from someone who understands the goal of the question and can give some helpful info.

Last edited:

Lankybrit

Depends on the GBs you get, and what you prefer to do. For example, if you get lots of Statue of Zeus BPs, got on the attack route, and get Cath of Achen and other fighting GBs. If you get more Lighthouse of Alex BPs, go negotiating, and get Babel and other goods GBs. I'm doing Negotiating on one World, and fighting on the 3 others. But my negotiating is getting me much further through GE, using the Extra Turn tavern boost.

Loren1979

We have some controversy in our guild. Are there bigger gains to be had in Negotiating or in Fighting? Does this make a difference
in GE or BG?
My observation has been that if the player can produce the goods (CF leveled high enough to turn it into a "perpetual rq machine") necessary to match the advances of a fighter, he still will not be pulling the same amount of rewards that a fighter does. Negotiations get double the advance, but only somewhere around 25% more chance of pulling a reward. So at equal advances, rewards are less.