• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiate or Fight

RazorbackPirate

I have this very question and searched the forum and got here. I've been a negotiator on Brisgard and am now in Industrial Era. I'm finding it a pain to keep up with goods though. They are used for Continent map, tech tree, GE, and GBG. The previous era goods therefore get really thin very quickly. Current era are not so bad because of all the GBs and Special buildings I have that give goods. I have Statue of Zeus now. Is it time to switch to fighting for at least GBG and GE? I could get rid of tons of goods buildings and get Cathedral of Achen built and build lots more barracks. Turn it into a sort of combo Negotiating/Fighting city. What do you think?
I both fight and negotiate. Pre Arc 80 and GBG, I primarily negotiated as my fight GBs were not that high and CF and RQs gave me more than enough goods to finish GE 4 each week. Post Arc 80, I've now pushed the essential fight GBs (Zues, CoA, and CdM) to Level 70, and now have plenty of fight to get all the way through GE 4 by fighting if I need or choose to.

I parked in HMA to build and level my Arc, never missing an opportunity to spin RQs both collecting and spending FPs, with a UBQ every time it passed by. When GBG was introduced, I had just aged up to LMA where I opened my 2nd RQ slot. This means the 24k of each HMA good I had accumulated were now my previous age goods. With my fighting strength, I can regularly fight in GBG up to attrition 20-25 with virtually no unit loss, with my goods supply and production, I then negotiate up to attrition of 50-60. When we're in a point farming round, I'll typically only take Attrition to 30-35, no reason to kill all my goods in a few rounds.

Keeping a steady supply of LMA goods moving down to HMA, and leaving and Special Buildings I had at the time that gave goods n HMA, it's taken 14 rounds to burn through those 24k previous age goods. In that time, even with all the negotiating I do, I was able to gather 31.5k of each LMA good. Monday, I moved up to CA making those 31.5k goods my previous age goods.

Before ageing up, I brought every goods producing Special Building up to LMA where they will stay. Including my Airship, and 2 level 8 SoHs so they'll all dump previous age goods into the treasury while my Arc dumps in current age goods. Leaving my special buildings in LMA, I now get 311 previous age goods each collection. Again, I'll keep a steady flow of CA goods moving down to LMA to keep my supply of previous age goods going as long as possible. I'll again let my previous age goods supply determine when it's time to age up again.

Personally, I've never quite understood the Fighter vs. Farmer dichotomy. I prefer to be a Superpower. Having an extremely strong military, and a strong goods economy. But that's just me. Do what makes you feel good.

Last edited:

Lankybrit

Thanks so much all of you. Very helpful. I guess I was leveling ages too quickly, not waiting for my ARC to get leveled, and not waiting until I'd amassed hundreds, if not thousands, of goods from an era before moving on.

DeletedUser31499

I try to wait until I get 10k - 20k goods of an age before leveling up. Plus I want to be able to fight all 64 GE encounters without tavern buffs before moving up an age.