• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New event building Boathouse is lacking descriptions of what is in the bounty chests.

honey55

I'm a little confused. We're just talking about posting what is in the chest in a building. At least that is all I'm talking about. I'm not saying to give the event announcement in game. Come here if you care. I actually am more inclined to read beta and guides by a great player and another site for that. Info telling what is in the chest cluttering up the game is quite beyond my ability to comprehend.

Rabid1

....... because INNO has always done it that way?
Millions of players seem to deal with it easily.... but maybe they will change it just for you honey55....
Can you give an exaple or another building that does this? Or are you just talking out of your rear end.

Rabid1

You people claiming, "It would clutter the game too much to have a description" are really lacking braincells. Would you be for taking the description off of every item and just placing it on the forum instead? "It's so easy to visit the forum and read about it" Well, guess what genius. It would be even easier if it gave the description in game like it does for ALL OTHER buildings.

Pericles the Lion

Can you give an exaple or another building that does this? Or are you just talking out of your rear end.
You people claiming, "It would clutter the game too much to have a description" are really lacking braincells. Would you be for taking the description off of every item and just placing it on the forum instead? "It's so easy to visit the forum and read about it" Well, guess what genius. It would be even easier if it gave the description in game like it does for ALL OTHER buildings.
Do you have any Wishing Wells or Fountains of Youth? If so, the next time that you collect from one displaying the golden box, mouse over it before collecting. What do you see? It's a dice that signifies a random prize will be awarded Genius. This is the example that you so politely requested.

The Event Announcement describes what the Boathouses produce. But, if you look at a Selection Kit, it says something different. Should we believe either of these or what exactly do the two different Boathouses produce?

Johnny B. Goode

The Event Announcement describes what the Boathouses produce. But, if you look at a Selection Kit, it says something different. Should we believe either of these or what exactly do the two different Boathouses produce?
They do not say something different, they have exactly the same things. The only real difference is that the Selection Kit (and Upgrade Kits) do not go into what is contained in the Buccaneer's Bounty Chest or the Deadman's Bounty Chest. The Announcement details what is in both chests.

They do not say something different, they have exactly the same things. The only real difference is that the Selection Kit (and Upgrade Kits) do not go into what is contained in the Buccaneer's Bounty Chest or the Deadman's Bounty Chest. The Announcement details what is in both chests.
Have you looked at a Kit? The Kit says that both boathouses produce goods to be had by the individual. But the Event description says that the Deadman's produces goods for the guild. Your comment Mr. Goode is simply incorrect.
Still looking for clarification on this.

I stand corrected. You're right Mr. Goode. Both produce goods for the individual, but it is in the "Bounty" that there is a chance that the guild will receive goods. Guess I was just confused by the way the Event description is laid out, and the Kit Upgrade makes no mention of what is in the Bounty or the probabilities associated with what it contains.

Johnny B. Goode

I'm a little confused. We're just talking about posting what is in the chest in a building. At least that is all I'm talking about. I'm not saying to give the event announcement in game. Come here if you care. I actually am more inclined to read beta and guides by a great player and another site for that. Info telling what is in the chest cluttering up the game is quite beyond my ability to comprehend.
I am also confused. I can't imagine why it is so difficult to just look at the Event Announcement. They even message you with a link to it. It's hard to believe that anyone would complain about that being too much trouble, but here we are.

honey55

I am also confused. I can't imagine why it is so difficult to just look at the Event Announcement. They even message you with a link to it. It's hard to believe that anyone would complain about that being too much trouble, but here we are.
I already said why. On my phone, it opens up another window. Sometimes that makes me have to restart the game, especially if I'm here very long. The announcement doesn't remain forever. Besides a year from now that announcement will no be quite as easy to find.

Johnny B. Goode

I already said why. On my phone, it opens up another window. Sometimes that makes me have to restart the game, especially if I'm here very long. The announcement doesn't remain forever. Besides a year from now that announcement will no be quite as easy to find.
A) You only have to look at it once, so having to restart your game once is not much of an issue.
B) The announcement will be there indefinitely, unless they revamp the Forum again, which they've only done once in the 7+ years I've been here.
C) A year from now that announcement will be just as easy to find, because event announcements have their own sub-forum.
D) A year from now, you'll either have the building in your city or you won't.
1) If you don't, no problem, because it won't matter what the chest gives out.
2) If you do, then you'll get a chest and be able to go to Inventory and see what it contains...without leaving the game.
There, problems solved. You're welcome.

honey55

A) You only have to look at it once, so having to restart your game once is not much of an issue.
B) The announcement will be there indefinitely, unless they revamp the Forum again, which they've only done once in the 7+ years I've been here.
C) A year from now that announcement will be just as easy to find, because event announcements have their own sub-forum.
D) A year from now, you'll either have the building in your city or you won't.
1) If you don't, no problem, because it won't matter what the chest gives out.
2) If you do, then you'll get a chest and be able to go to Inventory and see what it contains...without leaving the game.
There, problems solved. You're welcome.
Actuality you're wrong. I forgot what was in the chests and had to look it up. Not everyone has your memory. I don't remember now exactly what is in them. A year from now someone might get it from the AD or maybe decide to place it later if not placing it when they get it. Being bumped off the game takes more time than an ad and most don't care for them. Ads clutter the game like way more then info on a building you have in inventory that you click on to see what it gives. It doesn't clutter the game if it is done like every other building. You know this discussion is beyond ridiculous. I'll never agree with you no matter how much you try to make me look bad. You want to win. Go ahead and respond again. I won't be back. They obviously are going to do it this way so really you actually win. I still think it is annoying and not everyone can easily find it on the forum. Not everyone one comes to the forum. And why should they when the forum is so unfriendly. Just because something is easy for you does not mean it's easy for everyone else.

Pericles the Lion

Actuality you're wrong. I forgot what was in the chests and had to look it up. Not everyone has your memory. I don't remember now exactly what is in them. A year from now someone might get it from the AD or maybe decide to place it later if not placing it when they get it. Being bumped off the game takes more time than an ad and most don't care for them. Ads clutter the game like way more then info on a building you have in inventory that you click on to see what it gives. It doesn't clutter the game if it is done like every other building. You know this discussion is beyond ridiculous. I'll never agree with you no matter how much you try to make me look bad. You want to win. Go ahead and respond again. I won't be back. They obviously are going to do it this way so really you actually win. I still think it is annoying and not everyone can easily find it on the forum. Not everyone one comes to the forum. And why should they when the forum is so unfriendly. Just because something is easy for you does not mean it's easy for everyone else.
I don't have a Boathouse in my city yet so I cannot be certain how the rewards will work but, according to the Announcement, the chests will be put into inventory. This being the case I would expect that simply clicking on the chest (in inventory) will open a popup showing the contents of the chest (similar to selection kits). The OP wanted info on the chest contents in order to decide which Boathouse to select (the Announcement covers this). You want a reminder of what is in the chest after you have built a Boathouse (my expectation is that clicking on the chest will handle this). Is there really a problem?

Johnny B. Goode

Actuality you're wrong. I forgot what was in the chests and had to look it up. Not everyone has your memory. I don't remember now exactly what is in them.
Me either, but I can find it in about 10 seconds.
A year from now someone might get it from the AD or maybe decide to place it later if not placing it when they get it.
And they'll still be able to find the info within about 10 seconds a year from now.
Being bumped off the game takes more time than an ad and most don't care for them. Ads clutter the game like way more then info on a building you have in inventory that you click on to see what it gives. It doesn't clutter the game if it is done like every other building.
Every other building doesn't give chests that go into inventory. And once a chest goes into inventory you can see what's in it right there in-game, just like you want. And nobody is talking about ads here, because that is a completely unrelated issue.
You know this discussion is beyond ridiculous. I'll never agree with you no matter how much you try to make me look bad. You want to win. Go ahead and respond again. I won't be back.
It is beyond ridiculous, because in the time you've taken to post here you could have written out the contents of the chests a couple of dozen times. I'm not trying to make you look bad, by the way, you're doing a fine job of that all by yourself.
They obviously are going to do it this way so really you actually win.
I don't know about "winning", but yeah, they already did it this way, that's why you're upset. :rolleyes:
I still think it is annoying and not everyone can easily find it on the forum. Not everyone one comes to the forum. And why should they when the forum is so unfriendly. Just because something is easy for you does not mean it's easy for everyone else.
THEY PROVIDE A LINK TO IT IN A DIRECT MESSAGE TO EACH PLAYER AT THE START OF EACH EVENT!!!! If it "isn't easy" for anyone, it's only because they're choosing to make it difficult, not because it actually is difficult. And whether the Forum is friendly or not is totally irrelevant. Following that link to the Announcement requires absolutely no interaction with Forum members. It doesn't even require you to register an account in the Forum, you can view the info as a guest and no one will even know you've been here.

Tracat

Totally agree with the OP, having to go outside the game to see what the Deadman's Bounty and Buccaneer's Bounty contents are is a bit of a UX eff up.
You should be able to see what they are without any link or forum visit. To think otherwise is moronic.
Inno, sort it out. This is the first time they have added something like this and they obviously didn't think it through properly.