• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Guild Vision (ethos + rules + requirements)

• Thread starter DeletedUser31540
  • Start date

DeletedUser31540

Hi all. Ognor here. I want to start an elite guild and i want to share with everyone my vision. Please leave any feedback (positive, negative, neutral) about any and all my ideas.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/starting-a-guild.21712/

Without further ado here is a rough draft for my guild description:

-The Thieves Guild-

Welcome to the Thieves Guild! Are you a cuthroat bandit with a penchant for plunder? Yes? Then this is the guild for you! We value Military Might and Greed over all other qualities here. Want more stuff? Plunder it from your neigbors! Want the top reward spot? Snipe it! (even from your fellow thief). Want to bring honor and prestige to yourself and the guild? Work together to steal sectors away from less deserving guilds on the GvG map!

Benefits:
-We are an Elite GvG and GE guild - Come share in our Glory
-Each guild member will be awarded 10 fps per week (every Tuesday) on the building of their choice for their duration of their time with the Thieves Guild

Requirements:
-Have the platinum 'Plunder Achievement' and display it proudly
-Own the Arc (lv 10 minimum but the higher the better obviously)
-Own CDM / Zeus / CoA and Alcatraz
-Must be between Iron Age and the Late Middle Ages

Rules:
-Complete 64 / 64 GE encounters within 72 hours of each new GE expedition
-Never dishonor the sanctity of the fp swap threads
-Donate a minimum of 10 fps to all guild GBs in the mud
-Be active (login multiple times a day)
-Treat your fellow Thieves with courtesy and respect (Harassment will not be tolerated)
-Plunder your neighbors as often as possible!
-Those found in violation of the 'rules' will be given two warnings and promptly kicked afterwards if their behavior is not rectified

Guild Threads:
-2 fp swap thread
-5 fp swap thread
-two 10 fp swap threads
-20 fp swap thread
-30 fp swap thread
-Sticks to Bricks thread
-Trade and Marketplace thread
-Boasting Thread (this is for boasting about our exploits to our fellow thieves and regaling everyone with tales of pillaging and the pathetic responses from the unfortunate ones that happen to be in our hoods)

Guild Philosophy:

"Glory at all Costs!"

If everyone always acts in their own best interest we will all grow strong individually and so will the guild. This is not to say we cheat and decieve one another but rather that we seek an advantage when the oppourtunity presents itself. Only the most capable of Thieves and gifted tacticians will be able to thrive here but for those that can, the Thieves Guild offers unparalleled opportunities for profit and excellence. Join now! Glory Awaits!

DeletedUser31540

Hi all. Ognor here. I want to start an elite guild and i want to share with everyone my vision. Please leave any feedback (positive, negative, neutral) about any and all my ideas.

-The Thieves Guild-

Welcome to the Thieves Guild! Are you a cuthroat bandit with a penchant for plunder? Yes? Then this is the guild for you! We value Military Might and Greed over all other qualities here. Want more stuff? Plunder it from your neigbors! Want the top reward spot? Snipe it! (even from your fellow thief). Want to bring honor and prestige to yourself and the guild? Work together to steal sectors away from less deserving guilds on the GvG map!

Benefits:
-Each guild member will be awarded 10 fps per week (every Tuesday) on the building of their choice for their duration of their time with the Thieves Guild

Requirements:

Rules:
-Treat your fellow Thieves with courtesy and respect (Harassment will not be tolerated)
-Those found in violation of the 'rules' will be given two warnings and promptly kicked afterwards if their behavior is not rectified

Guild Threads:
-2 fp swap thread
-5 fp swap thread
-two 10 fp swap threads
-20 fp swap thread
-30 fp swap thread
-Sticks to Bricks thread
-Boasting Thread (this is for boasting about our exploits to our fellow thieves and regaling everyone with tales of pillaging and the pathetic responses from the unfortunate ones that happen to be in our hoods)

Guild Philosophy:

"Glory at all Costs!"

If everyone always acts in their own best interest we will all grow strong individually and so will the guild. This is not to say we cheat and decieve one another but rather that we seek an advantage when the oppourtunity presents itself. Only the most capable of Thieves and gifted tacticians will be able to thrive here but for those that can, the Thieves Guild offers unparalleled opportunities for profit and excellence. Join now! Glory Awaits!

How this differs from most guilds (as far as i can tell):

-more stringent requirements
-promotes a culture of 'lets all be selfish' rather then 'lets help everyone out'

And i actually think this part is huge.... to play FoE and be successful you neeeeed to be selfish. Often players are selfish as f*** and operate under the guise of 'im just helping out'. That is bulls***. I wanted to abolish that 'pretend im a nice guy' vibe and label everyone for what they are and what they should be.... 'a self-serving egomaniac'. This guild will nurture that mindset and i think it will be great for growth

DeletedUser32389

Oh THIS is gonna be good.
BAizxu4.gif

"...So we're gonna have tryouts."

Woody*

My initial thoughts:
  • You have have a coherent vision that is well articulated. It will appeal to a small subset of players who like to be jerks in-game
  • I believe you are way too restrictive in many ways to get more than a few players...if you're ok with a small guild, that's ok
  • For example:
  1. no reason for 72 hour limit on 64/64,
  2. 10fps for sticks in the bricks is a lot, especially for bad GBs (consider skipping ND, Colo, etc)
  3. no reason to restrict ages (you can still focus GvG), and you'll have a lot of trouble getting goods and prints to high level GBs

DeletedUser31540

My initial thoughts:
  • You have have a coherent vision that is well articulated. It will appeal to a small subset of players who like to be jerks in-game
  • I believe you are way too restrictive in many ways to get more than a few players...if you're ok with a small guild, that's ok
  • For example:
  1. no reason for 72 hour limit on 64/64,
  2. 10fps for sticks in the bricks is a lot, especially for bad GBs (consider skipping ND, Colo, etc)
  3. no reason to restrict ages (you can still focus GvG), and you'll have a lot of trouble getting goods and prints to high level GBs

thanks for your response Claire !

-Yes i would like my guild, and my members, to build up our sense of Notoriety. Ideally we would all love to be hated :)
-I rather have 3 members i really want then 20 members i dont really want
-72 hours is lenient.... i would like ppl to finish in 36 ideally. I want to never be defeated and the only way to ensure that is if we all hit 64 before the other guilds hence the 72 hour requirement
-10 fps is the norm where i come from ... also there will be minimal sticks to bricks activity (i think) cause most of the members would have 90% of the GBs they will ever want by the time they find and are accepted by the Thieves Guild

And the Age restriction is something that is very important to me yet somewhat difficult to explain... i'll try anyways:

-I want the guild to be completely focused on 4 GvG maps (IA , ema , hma , and lma) if we all have very powerful arcs spread throughout these 4 ages we will be dominant on these maps in short order. The biggest and best guilds have the majority of their members in high ages and it is work for them to fill the treasury pertaining to the lower ages. This is why arc owners in lower ages are very attractive to the best guilds.

I want members to camp --- it makes it easier to attack neighbors, become a bully, and become elite (without having to join the ranks of the already elite).... Arvahall is 6 years old ... how do a bunch of people with 9 months-2 years experience compete with players that have been around 4x - 8x as long? By avoiding them and using our low age to our advantage. (also from a flavor / lore perspective it is cooler to be a thief in olden times than it is Colonial era and up.

Basically i want a lot of players like myself.... similar length of play time, same ambition, same mentality, and of a similar age. If i can find those like myself and convince them to join me i think we could seize 30% of these 4 maps within 6 months and eventually be close to 50%

inviting higher age players that arent as dominant (relative to their age) seems like it would be of dubious value ...

i want to recruit a band of bullies and stay away from those with the ability to bully us ...

Woody*

I hope it works out for you if you try it. If you'd be happy with 3 others just like you, I think you'll be able to find them. But a big guild would probably take crazy recruiting, and then it would be hard to pay them all 10fps/week.

i want to recruit a band of bullies and stay away from those with the ability to bully us ...

As an aside FYI, I don't like bullies. Even in-game ones.

DeletedUser31540

I hope it works out for you if you try it. If you'd be happy with 3 others just like you, I think you'll be able to find them. But a big guild would probably take crazy recruiting, and then it would be hard to pay them all 10fps/week.

As an aside FYI, I don't like bullies. Even in-game ones.

I actually dont consider myself a bully but other people do so maybe its true

I think i am fair, nice, generous, and considerate... i also try to extort each person in my hood and if i fail to get fps from an individual i plunder them daily

Is that being a bully?

Maybe ... but i think its just a successful way to play the game.

'They have stuff and i want it so im gonna take it unless they are nice to me and give me other stuff'

This has always been my mindset and the way inno has set up their game incentivizes this way of play... those that claim otherwise are bad at playing optimally, delusional, or both

DeletedUser31498

-The Thieves Guild-

Benefits:

Requirements:

Rules:

Guild Threads:
-2 fp swap thread
-5 fp swap thread
-two 10 fp swap threads
-20 fp swap thread
-30 fp swap thread
-Sticks to Bricks thread

Guild Philosophy:

"Glory at all Costs!"

This is paid by you? -Each guild member will be awarded 10 fps per week (every Tuesday) on the building of their choice for their duration of their time with the Thieves Guild

Too bad you're not in W, seems great.

DeletedUser31540

This is paid by you? -Each guild member will be awarded 10 fps per week (every Tuesday) on the building of their choice for their duration of their time with the Thieves Guild

Yes paid for by me ... if i had 9 quality members i totally wouldnt mind shelling out 90 fps a week to keep them around .... honestly its the same for them (slightly worse even) as being in a lv 20 guild as that would give them an extra 14 fps a week.

Good players rarely agree to join lv 1-9 guilds so its just an incentive to attract quality members

If i were to start a guild and bring it up to lv 20 or so i would probably do away with this feature

wolfhoundtoo

Yes paid for by me ... if i had 9 quality members i totally wouldnt mind shelling out 90 fps a week to keep them around .... honestly its the same for them (slightly worse even) as being in a lv 20 guild as that would give them an extra 14 fps a week.

Good players rarely agree to join lv 1-9 guilds so its just an incentive to attract quality members

If i were to start a guild and bring it up to lv 20 or so i would probably do away with this feature

Might want to make sure they know the fps donation goes away once you reach level 20.

DeletedUser31540

Might want to make sure they know the fps donation goes away once you reach level 20.

yea if i ever get it off the ground i'll be sure to let them know ... im not sure i'll ever get that far though :/

Woody*

If you play on Parkog, we give away 600 fps per week in Dune (400 total to 2 random people who finish 64/64 and 200 to top fighters in GvG). Not to mention 1.9 locks to GBs when requested (we have six level 80 or higher Arcs)

Last edited:

DeletedUser31498

If you play on Parkog, we give away 600 fps per week in Dune (400 total to 2 random people who finish 64/64 and 200 to top fighters in GvG). Not to mention 1.9 locks to GBs when requested (we have six level 80 or higher Arcs)
Holy cow!! maybe I'll start my next diamond mine there~

Woody*

Holy cow!! maybe I'll start my next diamond mine there~

We'd love to have you if you can commit to our minimums (see below). We are undefeated in GE, so we ask for a commitment to average at least 44/64 each week, and push to 64 on weeks with good competition. If you're doing 63/64 for the diamonds on your farms anyways, that will be easy.

I recommend guild hopping to get Zeus prints prior to joining, and I will personally help with goods to get you off to a fast start. We also provide free Traz and CF goods to members meeting our requirements, as well as discounted packages for Arc, Inno and AO currently. I also help really active members with CoA and CdM goods.

Our requirements are to average 44/64 GE weekly, aid 3x per week, donate to most new GBs in the sticks (we exclude some bad GBs from the program), and commit to getting an OBS or Arc. No "off-color" derogatory comments, no drama, and no politics allowed.

We GvG for fun, but it's totally voluntary and we never ask for donations to the treasury (our GBs take care of it).

DeletedUser31540

We'd love to have you if you can commit to our minimums (see below). We are undefeated in GE, so we ask for a commitment to average at least 44/64 each week, and push to 64 on weeks with good competition. If you're doing 63/64 for the diamonds on your farms anyways, that will be easy.

I recommend guild hopping to get Zeus prints prior to joining, and I will personally help with goods to get you off to a fast start. We also provide free Traz and CF goods to members meeting our requirements, as well as discounted packages for Arc, Inno and AO currently. I also help really active members with CoA and CdM goods.

Our requirements are to average 44/64 GE weekly, aid 3x per week, donate to most new GBs in the sticks (we exclude some bad GBs from the program), and commit to getting an OBS or Arc. No "off-color" derogatory comments, no drama, and no politics allowed.

We GvG for fun, but it's totally voluntary and we never ask for donations to the treasury (our GBs take care of it).

Your guild on P does sound awesome ... i think i should try and join several other guilds before i launch my serious solo venture
(Ive only been in 3 guilds total so far)

DeletedUser32397

Sign me up, starting P world now :)

Woody*

Your guild on P does sound awesome ... i think i should try and join several other guilds before i launch my serious solo venture
(Ive only been in 3 guilds total so far)

Joining several guilds before you start your own is a good way to learn new, and maybe better ways of doing things. I've learned a lot from other guilds that way

DeletedUser33036

Won't limiting members to early ages limit the amount of points earned in GE, thereby making it difficult to earn first place?