• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Guild Vision (ethos + rules + requirements)

• Thread starter DeletedUser31540
  • Start date

Algona

Won't limiting members to early ages limit the amount of points earned in GE, thereby making it difficult to earn first place?

Yes and no. You didn;t ask quute the right question.

The amount of Power they can earn from GE will be severely curtailed because of the Era cap.. As is the amount of Power they can earn form HoFs and GvG.

Era of players does not effect GEC though. GEC is all about participation and if they can gat 64/64 consistently they will place high, they just won;t earn a lot of Power to multiply.

DeletedUser31540

Won't limiting members to early ages limit the amount of points earned in GE, thereby making it difficult to earn first place?

It will make leveling the guild a lot slower cause the crowns earned from GE will be low but it would make getting 1st easier i believe

DeletedUser31540

Would you ask memembers to build voyager or atlantis?

Yes Yes Yes ... i still need to get that one but that might be a requirement or a 'need to work on getting' gb lol

Edit -- was talking about Atlantis ... i think its way better than Voyager... i dont plan on ever building Voyager but Atlantis seems like a very reasonable GB ... especially for players like me

Woody*

Yes Yes Yes ... i still need to get that one but that might be a requirement or a 'need to work on getting' gb lol

Edit -- was talking about Atlantis ... i think its way better than Voyager... i dont plan on ever building Voyager but Atlantis seems like a very reasonable GB ... especially for players like me

I built mine the day it came out hoping to get a bunch of free FP donations (I want the goods). But the demand was week and as someone who doesn't plunder often, it's a disappointment. But Atlantis is awesome for people that plunder on a regular basis.

DeletedUser32232

We'd love to have you if you can commit to our minimums (see below). We are undefeated in GE, so we ask for a commitment to average at least 44/64 each week, and push to 64 on weeks with good competition. If you're doing 63/64 for the diamonds on your farms anyways, that will be easy.

I recommend guild hopping to get Zeus prints prior to joining, and I will personally help with goods to get you off to a fast start. We also provide free Traz and CF goods to members meeting our requirements, as well as discounted packages for Arc, Inno and AO currently. I also help really active members with CoA and CdM goods.

Our requirements are to average 44/64 GE weekly, aid 3x per week, donate to most new GBs in the sticks (we exclude some bad GBs from the program), and commit to getting an OBS or Arc. No "off-color" derogatory comments, no drama, and no politics allowed.

We GvG for fun, but it's totally voluntary and we never ask for donations to the treasury (our GBs take care of it).
Is there some advantages to getting the entire membership to complete a level when total points are computed or does GE simply add up everyone's total? There's some dissention in my guild over opening lvl 4 because only half the members will enter. One of the reasons not to open has been inability to get everyone completing a level. Is this a valid consideration?

DeletedUser26182

My guild on B doesn't do level 4 GE - I'm not wasting Treasury goods when only 1 or 2 members can reach that level. Most members barely make it through level 1. My guild on R is a different matter though - most weeks we open level 4. On C world, I'm by myself, so I go as high as I want to.

DeletedUser31592

Is there some advantages to getting the entire membership to complete a level when total points are computed or does GE simply add up everyone's total? There's some dissention in my guild over opening lvl 4 because only half the members will enter. One of the reasons not to open has been inability to get everyone completing a level. Is this a valid consideration?

The percentage of levels completed is what determines which guild wins the competition. So completing level 1 only would be 33%. Completing level 4 is 133%. They average everyone's percentage to determine who wins. Guilds in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd get their "crowns" (guild power) increased as a reward. Winning GE will cause the guild to grow faster, giving more rewards to everyone.

I belong to @Stephen Longshanks guild in Y (along with @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings) and we are usually (always anymore, maybe?) over 100%. There are guilds out there that regularly end with 133%- meaning every single member completes level 4.

DeletedUser32232

I'm in a guild on R and have noticed the 100+ percentages. Now I know what that's about. It also explains the reluctance to open 4. Pay for all members, half will enter, very few actually complete it. Thanks for the education. Pics? Lying? Who, me?

Algona

Funny thing about GE: success is measured by the higher Era players who go 64.

Costs v Rewards. Most it costs to open up lvls: 2500 Goods for lvl 2, 5K Goods for lv 3, 10 K Goods for lvl 4.

What are the rewards? Guild power goes up fasr in lvl 4. So do the personal Rewards. More cjhances to hit ToR. .

Is it worth it?

Would you trade 10K Goods for 2K Diamonds?

My Guild? Hell, yes 80 members, most are ProgE and below. 8 Modern Era or higher players go 64. 10 of the lower Era players go 64. Those 18 players generate 22K Power pet week and assure placing in GEC. They also garner thousands of Diamonds and some comnination of 18 1up, RK, Store, FoY. SSW. TF. In addition 1/3 more ToR chances, and all the other GE 4 prizes.

Your Guild? How will you know what people can do unless you give them the opportunity?

Yake a close look at the people fighting hard not to opne GE 4. Notice any tendencies regarding other Guild activity or lack thereof?

DeletedUser32232

Funny thing about GE: success is measured by the higher Era players who go 64.

Costs v Rewards. Most it costs to open up lvls: 2500 Goods for lvl 2, 5K Goods for lv 3, 10 K Goods for lvl 4.

What are the rewards? Guild power goes up fasr in lvl 4. So do the personal Rewards. More cjhances to hit ToR. .

Is it worth it?

Would you trade 10K Goods for 2K Diamonds?

My Guild? Hell, yes 80 members, most are ProgE and below. 8 Modern Era or higher players go 64. 10 of the lower Era players go 64. Those 18 players generate 22K Power pet week and assure placing in GEC. They also garner thousands of Diamonds and some comnination of 18 1up, RK, Store, FoY. SSW. TF. In addition 1/3 more ToR chances, and all the other GE 4 prizes.

Your Guild? How will you know what people can do unless you give them the opportunity?

Yake a close look at the people fighting hard not to opne GE 4. Notice any tendencies regarding other Guild activity or lack thereof?
This is very true. The people arguing against are not heavily involved in GE or GvG. I've never understood this as the loudest are somewhat advanced in age and have Obs or Arcs. So they're contributing goods that are not used for anything except GE and GvG. Why the squack.

DeletedUser31592

I won't belong to a guild that doesn't open level 4. I have an OBS and/or an Arc in every world. Plus I'm always donating extra due to the DCs and events.
In 6 worlds (this is only my first week doing 7), I pull in around 1,000 diamonds per week. 1485 was my high. This means I have every single diamond expansion available purchased in all worlds. I have spent quite a bit on BPs in newer worlds. This latest event, being only 5 days long and coinciding with my busiest 5 days of the month, I spent diamonds where I normally never spend them for an event. (Diamonds were spent in GE to run through the GE encounters and the recruit troops quests- I don't have barracks in any city and rely on the GE for troops.) Even though I've spent more than I usually do in GE (most weeks I spend 0 on GE- maybe 30-40 at most), I still have more than 1,000 diamonds than I did before the event- and I still have to finish level 4 in 5 of my cities. I'm at 1125 and counting right now.

Woody*

If you finish 63/64 every week, you should average 148 diamonds earned per week. Some weeks it will be zero, but that's the average.

The pros and cons of opening GE4 have been covered pretty well here. My two cents: for active members and guilds, it is definitely worth it. Not only for the diamonds, but all the TFs, SSWs, extra 100 and 20fp relics, extra goods, etc. The goods can be a net loss if you're spending too many on negotiations, though.

Some guilds just aren't active enough and/or can't afford it. They're more appropriate for the casual players.

DeletedUser13736

Is the Platinum Plunder Achievement a serious requirement? If it is, that will seriously limit the amount of players that can effectively join.