• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser26656

hi
yeaaaaaa! finally..
i put this in 6 months ago!
they told me there system was perfect!! lol.
i told them it was off and needed some adjustment!
finally they did fix it!
i am looking forward to Monday!!
thank you for listening finally.

MrBeer

like most other changes , I can only assume there will be a lot of " tweaks '' after the original roll out . The only concern I would have is the trading of goods being limited . Some of my good production buildings require secondary older goods. All cannot be supplied from the guild alone .

DeletedUser25166

It's about time!! As a high level player I have personally witnessed the abuse that The top guilds in this game do when you get stuck with the Diamond Guilds in this game. Way too often these people who have reached Ice Age attack everyone in their hood who are in CA, LMA and lower levels every day with troops they have no way of protecting themselves from. As these Guilds and players reek havok on these defenseless gamers many who quit the game because they know they would never be able compeate with these Multi-Million Point players who only get their rocks off by attacking people who could never manage a defense from them. It's bad enouph they live to be bullies and not good gamers. It'll be good for them to only be able to smack each other instead of the defenseless. Right On Inno, you called this one right!! Good luck bullying the people of "S" World now LFR, your days are coming to an end!
What a joke. Dragon Slayer has no problem attacking small guilds on GvG, but you whine when plundered? Too bad your big brother Aftermath won't stick by your side. Go cry elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25771

With all these concerns in mind, I must wait to see how this actually goes down and plays out.
However, I agree era diversity is important for, player inspiration, gb blueprints and leveling, as well as goods inventory.
But in the mean time could you increase our friend limit to at least 200??
Perhaps even add 100 more friend limits per era progression?? This would be very beneficial in many areas of an individual's city development and game environment.
Finally, if players from other hoods can donate a measly fp to our great buildings why cant we attack them for being scumbags?? I'm constantly having to do a neighborhood group message calling out these freeloaders (after warning them) to try pushing them out of the top 5 positions so they get zero, zilch, nada, and nothing!!

DeletedUser25273

1983AD, you have an even bigger hammer for friends who do something you don't like, no need to attack, just banish them from your friend list.

DeletedUser22924

OH yeah? How in the SAM HILL are we supposed to do this:

"As a closing remark we need to mention, that especially the very first merging will most likely put everyone into neighborhoods without any known faces. Therefore, if your neighborhood is very stable and you have some people that are important to you in it, please make sure that you add them to your friends list before the merging".

I swear these people don't even play their own game.
I also have no idea if this change is good or not, however, my neighborhood changes every couple of weeks or so. I've never had the luxury of a stagnant neighborhood. Lucky enough to have encountered the best Guilds in the game, it was instilled early on in my FOE game-play to properly time my productions. If you collect your goods you do not get plundered. I am against the proposed change. The bi-weekly change of neighborhood has benefitted me in BP collection/exposure, and general inspiration. I want some of the buildings I've seen in upcoming eras. If you segregate us, I do not know if I will enjoy this game enough to stay. Segregation is not beneficial to those segregated. Generally, it benefits those doing the segregating without consideration of the segregated. I will wait and see . . .

Thank you accepting my negative vote.

DeletedUser25771

1983AD, you have an even bigger hammer for friends who do something you don't like, no need to attack, just banish them from your friend list.

I did banish them, and after doing so tried to attack them and couldn't because they weren't in my hood. That really sucks!!
I just think there should be a 5 fp minimum donation which is equivalent to the cost of a typical 5th position earner.

DeletedUser16249

Way to go, INNO!
Now, since you tell us to add to our friends list those in our hoods that we don't want to lose, drop the "no invites once you hit 80 friends" - and make sure you do so before Sunday.
I for one LIKE having different Aged players in my hood. Not for the sake of plundering (although that works too) but for trades.
So you've listened to the crybabies - now listen to a request that has been going around apparently for the same length of time. Give us the right to invite friends up to the max of 140 people.

DeletedUser28092

We of course will be happy to know your opinion about this new system, so please don't forget to share here!

Your Forge of Empires Team
( was silently hoping new neighbors would be added since we can't fight friends or non-neighbors. However, I am very concerned about two things. First of all, does this mean I will lose the very excellent neighbors I currently have, some of whom are well above my level? I pout at this thought.

Also, does this mean we will no longer have any players well above us or well below us? Below us gives us targets to fight until we learn and achieve better skills for those of our own level, which I still find difficult. Above us gives us a chance to see how players advance in the game and how we can emulate those with successful layouts.

If I were a higher level player I would also be concerned about losing all the lower level players who would help with the numerous great buildings. Some players have quite a few they are trying to finish. Without lower levels in their neighborhoods, they will be stuck with other players just like themselves who can hardly keep up with the hundreds of forge points as it is, let alone when the only ones in their community to help now are players with the same dilemma.

If I were to deeply think about this, I could probably come up with more problems this may cause.

DeletedUser17558

Finally, if players from other hoods can donate a measly fp to our great buildings why cant we attack them for being scumbags?? I'm constantly having to do a neighborhood group message calling out these freeloaders (after warning them) to try pushing them out of the top 5 positions so they get zero, zilch, nada, and nothing!!

Only guildmates, friends, and neighbors can donate to a GB. And if someone donates even one FP, the correct response is "thank you."

On topic: I will wait to see the results of the new hood system before judging it.

DeletedUser5111

Been a victim of this new system in beta for about 4 months now. I'm stuck in FE. Everyone needs the same goods in a same aged hood, a small guild won't be able to support everything, and the friend invite limit is 80.

Why don't you all ever listen.

DeletedUser14197

like most other changes , I can only assume there will be a lot of " tweaks '' after the original roll out . The only concern I would have is the trading of goods being limited . Some of my good production buildings require secondary older goods. All cannot be supplied from the guild alone .

I have almost always gotten my goods from guild alone. It is rare for me to pay a fp for something I can get from asking my guild. If you can't, you could add friends. Lower age players are a lot more likely to have invites left.

Also, I do not understand how people keep saying we are need all those ages in our hood. You only have maybe 80 in your hood. You can have 140 in your friends list. That should be easy enough to fill with all the ages one desires.

My conclusion is this change is basically going to change who is whining. Seems to me that one can get from their 140 friends and up to 80 guild members all the range of ages of players they need to trade and aid and donate to gbs, without needing to rely on up to 80 hood players.

ITown

I hope this change is an improvement. Even though my neighborhood is pretty stagnant, the neighbors are awesome and we have a very lively neighborhood chat. It will be a shame if this change makes me lose that.

DeletedUser26965

What is the purpose of neighborhoods? I say get rid of them entirely as they will always suffer from some problem or another. Then allow up to 200 friends and the ability to invite more than 80. Then have a real PvP environment such as a battle arena or something where players can fight each other for small rewards daily. Make it so a/d bonuses are disabled, and only the same era troops then anyone can play and have a shot as long as they have the ability to make the troops.

Add: oh, and for those who feel they must attack people's actual cities to plunder or just for fun, just have a separate thing where you click to attack a random city from any city in your world, or even any world would be even more cooler, then the person attacked has the option to retaliate and if they are super weaker then assign a stronger guildmate the ability to retaliate for them.