• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser11725

I have BEGGING to be moved out of the hood for the last 2 years....the idea to keep a hood together forever is outrageous...Especially with the gbs being leveled upward 80+....at a certain point the neighborhood stagnates. The gb levels need to be taken into account for the merging...
Agree. If you like those in your neighboorhood, friend them. I was attacked daily by a top 10 player in the game while I was in Tomorrow. Nothing I could do could defend me with his strength. I essentially lost a month because I lost goods everyday. Thank y'all for doing this.

DeletedUser27889

So new week and almost an entirely different hood than the last one. I wonder if it's just me or do we now change drastically every week? I'm guessing with the whole points on tech thing there's really nothing you can do to avoid it or have some stability unless every person in your hood stays exactly where they are. That being said I only noticed about 3 people in last weeks hood having advanced to the next era from the end of the current era tech tree. Where I and I'm assuming they all were when we were moved.

So far I like this hood better. 3 arcs in an LMA hood, these are my type of people.

DeletedUser26660

So new week and almost an entirely different hood than the last one. I wonder if it's just me or do we now change drastically every week? I'm guessing with the whole points on tech thing there's really nothing you can do to avoid it or have some stability unless every person in your hood stays exactly where they are. That being said I only noticed about 3 people in last weeks hood having advanced to the next era from the end of the current era tech tree. Where I and I'm assuming they all were when we were moved.

So far I like this hood better. 3 arcs in an LMA hood, these are my type of people.

I have exactly the same, a completely new hood except for 1 player. Will this be the norm every week?

DeletedUser27362

So New world and already i'm in an unbalanced hood....
I'm just in iron age and #1 is HMA with 4 GB's and 6 rogue hideouts, the world is only 4 days old and the diamond buyers have spoilt it already, can you not put the diamond buyers in a hood of their own and let the rest of us play a trouble free game?

I guess i'm just in one of those 14 unlucky hoods

DeletedUser25054

With the new neighborhood merging system, trading has become a problem. I am leader in my guild with only one guild member in a higher age than myself. I am stuck and cannot trade there to build GBs two or more ages above me. My friends list is full with only about seven more advanced than myself. I don't want to boot lower aged friends off my list to make room for trading partners, because helping new players advance is part of the fun of the game.
My trading had then been mostly in the neighborhood. Now I am in a neighborhood where almost everyone is in the same age(modern) as myself. I have nobody to trade with, to get the more advanced goods.
This also limits the effectiveness of the Dynamic Tower. I built it to be able to collect goods for the higher age GBs. With the neighborhood being so level, I don't have much to collect.
Please mix the neighborhood a little more than it currently is.

DeletedUser26579

Just keeping track: I got moved to a new neighborhood today. Oddly, I went up in relative rankings on this one. I wasn't expecting that, as I just did a tech sprint in between shufflings.

It has become more noticeable that the guild has a surplus of some goods and a shortage of others, whereas before friends and neighbors played more of a role to fill the gaps to smooth things over. (Friends still can, of course, but the trading opportunities seem more limited now.)

DeletedUser26660

It has become more noticeable that the guild has a surplus of some goods and a shortage of others, whereas before friends and neighbors played more of a role to fill the gaps to smooth things over. (Friends still can, of course, but the trading opportunities seem more limited now.)

If all hoods are now made up of same age players then it was always going to be that a cross section of goods would be replaced by largely the same era goods from the hood. Personally I like diversities in the hood because we can get goods above and below our era and also BPs from higher era players.

DeletedUser26965

Are you talking about the the guild treasury? I seriously doubt the new merging system has had such a negative effects on goods and bp's as people are saying. Just going off my own personal experience before the change most of my trades were picked up by the guild, some by friends and very few if ever were by neighbors, after the change same thing. I actually expected more of my trades of goods around my era to be picked up by neighbors now but so far apparently not. I wish the event history would go back further but of my last 20 trades of goods around my era 16 were picked up by the guild, 4 by friends and 0 by neighbors.

DeletedUser26660

Zero goods from neighbors is not surprising as we now all produce the same goods.

DeletedUser26965

Zero goods from neighbors is not surprising as we now all produce the same goods.
It seems to me the same as before anyway, like I said very few if any were ever picked up by neighbors. And we don't all produce the same goods but it's more likely now most would need around the same era goods.

DeletedUser26154

I'm in a mainly Postmodern hood with about 15 Contemporary neighbors.
I like the market better when there are players of different eras involved.

wolfhoundtoo

I'm just in iron age and #1 is HMA with 4 GB's and 6 rogue hideouts, the world is only 4 days old and the diamond buyers have spoilt it already, can you not put the diamond buyers in a hood of their own and let the rest of us play a trouble free game?

if the world is only 4 days old then that player must of spent significantly to get to HMA already. Likely there isn't a hood for a player that far out of the general age of the rest of the world and some hood would have to absorb that player. So yes you simply got unlucky and you'll simply have to wait till the next hood change and hope that player isn't in your hood.

wolfhoundtoo

It seems to me the same as before anyway, like I said very few if any were ever picked up by neighbors. And we don't all produce the same goods but it's more likely now most would need around the same era goods.

I think what he is actually saying is that there are little to no goods above his current age available now in his hood (whereas before he would be able to find some if he ended up in a hood that had mixed ages). this is almost certainly a by product of a hood being made up of all of the same age.....but people will need to adapt and build their friends list accordingly (or not and just complain bitterly forever. :))

DeletedUser26965

I like the market better when there are players of different eras involved.
I guess maybe because I have always had a diverse friends list and guild I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary. I trade often most everyday but that's mainly only goods from CE-TE currently, not really looking to get any Lumber.

DeletedUser26965

I think what he is actually saying is that there are little to no goods above his current age available now in his hood (whereas before he would be able to find some if he ended up in a hood that had mixed ages). this is almost certainly a by product of a hood being made up of all of the same age.....but people will need to adapt and build their friends list accordingly (or not and just complain bitterly forever. :))
Who knows, until I see a histogram of all the trades done before and after the merge change it's all just anecdotal.

Algona

I'm just in iron age and #1 is HMA with 4 GB's and 6 rogue hideouts, the world is only 4 days old and the diamond buyers have PAID FOR it already, can you not put the diamond buyers in a hood of their own and KEEP THE FREELOADERS OFF THE SERVER?

I guess i'm just one of those 14 FREELOADERS

fFixed. And yeah, I'm a freeloader as well. But I sure as hell am not going to ever complain about the folk who enable me to play for free.

ITown

How is it possible to have rogue hideouts on Xyr? I thought those were only available during events.

DeletedUser25273

They sometimes come out with diamond sales, when V came out and I started new in it, there was a Rogue Hideout paired with the $80 diamond package in the first couple of days, and lots of the diamond players picked it up. Sometimes the marketing algorithm give these specials to 'selected' people based on past purchases.

ITown

They sometimes come out with diamond sales, when V came out and I started new in it, there was a Rogue Hideout paired with the $80 diamond package in the first couple of days, and lots of the diamond players picked it up. Sometimes the marketing algorithm give these specials to 'selected' people based on past purchases.
Gotcha. So somebody spent $500 for 6 rogue hideouts.

Mark of Cornwall

I'm not sure why Inno decided on the current hood change but if everybody in a hood is supposed to be of
the same age it should be EVERYBODY otherwise the change is pointless. To have a TF hood where the top
5 are AF just makes the rest of the hood cannon fodder with no chance of retaliation and open to constant
attacks and plundering in fact just as it was before the change.
One of the main problems that existed with the hood system was that there was no real change in the make
up of the hood, a merge meant 6 players out and 6 in so if you had the bad luck of being a tail end Charlie
that was your lot for maybe a year or more (no exaggeration I've been that person). I have seen this
complaint raised in the forum on countless occasions and nothing is done about it, if 50% of the hood
changed every fortnight making for a completely different hood every month it would make the system a
lot fairer than it is now but I'm not holding my breath.