• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New World anytime soon?

Lifeguard

Been about 2 years since the last one was created...would love the opportunity to start over and compete on a new world.

I'm assuming I can't be the only one waiting to throw money at a new world :)

Agent327

New worlds are created on special occasions and when old worlds get to crowded. Nothing like that applies at the moment, so a new world is not likely to happen soon. If it were, nobody here would be able to tell you anyhow.

Lifeguard

Yeah I know no one knows, just felt like getting a thread started would help Inno see that there is a demand for a new world.

But to your point...wouldn't a special occasion be waiting 2 years from the previous world's creation?
Some people get bored of playing a game if the only advancement they can get from an event is maybe an extra forge point or two...

My opinion is that it would be in the best interest of Inno's pocket book to keep creating new worlds every couple of years so people don't drift away once their town gets advanced.

Pumbaa the Great

Expand yourself in another server. You play in US, go take over in EN (since they must likely speak English). Unless you speak another language, than move over to that server.

Agent327

Yeah I know no one knows, just felt like getting a thread started would help Inno see that there is a demand for a new world.

And how do you think they are supposed to see that when the numbers they are looking at tell them something different.

But to your point...wouldn't a special occasion be waiting 2 years from the previous world's creation?

A special occasion would be the game 10 years anniversary for instance, not waiting times. If those were a special occasion you would have to wait longer, cause waiting times are going up, not down.

Some people get bored of playing a game if the only advancement they can get from an event is maybe an extra forge point or two...

If that is all you get I can understand why you get bored. There is more to the game than just that.

My opinion is that it would be in the best interest of Inno's pocket book to keep creating new worlds every couple of years so people don't drift away once their town gets advanced.

Who do you think has the best insight on Inno's pocket book? You or Inno?

Lifeguard

Expand yourself in another server. You play in US, go take over in EN (since they must likely speak English). Unless you speak another language, than move over to that server.

I have rerolled on other servers but I don't find it exciting...
The whole point of a new server is to compete on a fresh world without the influence of time; why would I want to spend money on an old world that I know I could never achieve top rank on or even be in the same league as other top players? With a new world you are essentially in the same league as everyone from Day 1.

A new world is far my exciting and worth spending on; and more importantly would keep me (and I would assume others) interested in this game.

Once you play for years and your town is advanced, everything gets super repetitive, nothing is new and that is what makes me crave a new world.

Agent327

I believe the players have the most influence on Inno's pocket book....so I would say not inno, not me...but us.

Is influence the same as insight?

Why is it that players always seem to think they know better how to make money than Inno? Look up the numbers. They are not doing to bad.

I understand why you started this post, but you are not the first to ask. People have been asking probably ever since the last world opened. Only time will tell.

Lifeguard

Is influence the same as insight?

Why is it that players always seem to think they know better how to make money than Inno? Look up the numbers. They are not doing to bad.

I believe influence and insight are very much connected.

You can look at a spreadsheet all you want for the answers, but what Inno cannot see is exactly what their consumer base is feeling about the game at a given time...when the "numbers" tell them this information then it is already too late.

Which is why I feel like this thread and other other threads relating to player needs should be made; to give Inno something they cannot read from a spreadsheet.

RazorbackPirate

Other than for the small slice of players you site, far less than the number needed to create a viable world, I see no need for a new one.

Inno knows what is in their financial interests. When it becomes in their financial interest to open a new world, they'll do so. Any lobbying campaign to do so early is asking Inno to do something NOT in their financial interest and that, I cannot support.

So you and a few hundred others might be willing to buy your way to the top of a new world. Then what? Another ongoing maintenance issue for Inno. All for bragging rights? That you bought? Pass.
I believe influence and insight are very much connected.

You can look at a spreadsheet all you want for the answers, but what Inno cannot see is exactly what their consumer base is feeling about the game at a given time...when the "numbers" tell them this information then it is already too late.

Which is why I feel like this thread and other other threads relating to player needs should be made; to give Inno something they cannot read from a spreadsheet.
Believe what you want, but a simple glance a a dictionary would prove you wrong. Despite whatever other garbage you want to throw at it.

No one cares about your feels, least of all Inno. To paraphrase Miss Jackson 'cause I'm nasty, "What have you spent on me lately? Woo ooo ooo ooo."

Lifeguard

Other than for the small slice of players you site, far less than the number needed to create a viable world, I see no need for a new one.

I'm not saying that there are a few or that their are a lot; the whole purpose of this thread is to get other people's opinion. Thanks for sharing yours! :)

Lifeguard

Spreadsheets and the data in them are the lifeblood of finance , discounting this to replace it with "feelings" makes no sense.
Do you think that if they kept GBG team match ups the same and never fixed the randomness of it that their spreadsheets wouldn't have reflected that too late?

I believe what the player is "feeling" at the time does matter. But anyways we are getting off topic.

Was hoping to get a bunch of different opinions on the desire of a new world. So far it's turned into that 'I know what's best because I feel that way' which is not the case, was just hoping to hear a simple yes or no and why from others.

Agent327

Was hoping to get a bunch of different opinions on the desire of a new world. So far it's turned into that 'I know what's best because I feel that way' which is not the case,

It is the argument you are using.

was just hoping to hear a simple yes or no and why from others.

No*. Razorback has given you the answer.

So you and a few hundred others might be willing to buy your way to the top of a new world. Then what? Another ongoing maintenance issue for Inno. All for bragging rights? That you bought? Pass.

* just my personal opinion.

RazorbackPirate

Do you think that if they kept GBG team match ups the same and never fixed the randomness of it that their spreadsheets wouldn't have reflected that too late?

I believe what the player is "feeling" at the time does matter. But anyways we are getting off topic.

Was hoping to get a bunch of different opinions on the desire of a new world. So far it's turned into that 'I know what's best because I feel that way' which is not the case, was just hoping to hear a simple yes or no and why from others.
A false equivalency, the two are in no way equal. Trying to make them so is dumb.

When the issue with GBG matchups became apparent, it was clearly a bug that needed fixing. You're WANTING a new server for no reason other than you want them. If Inno felt opening a new world was in their financial best interest, they would do so. That they've not in 2 years means it's not.

From a technical standpoint, I see no reason for one either. Unlike GvG whose maps were limited and locked within months of a new word, GBG can forever spawn new ones.

You were hoping to get a bunch of support for a new world, not opinions. You see there's clearly no support for one. Now what?

Last edited:

Emberguard

If the only reason you want a new world is for the novelty of starting a new world then you'll likely abandon it once that novelty wears off. There needs to either be enough demand from those that would stick around as a main world -OR- change the rules of the new world so there's a world that auto-deletes / resets every 2 years (and is both crystal clear in this and excluded from being a brand new accounts first world)

The first option is hard to measure without knowing what kind of player growth the game has on each world. The second could potentially be worth Inno exploring but would require changing the way they do things to make sure it doesn't hurt their business more than it helps it

I wouldn’t join a newly created world, but I have always wondered why new players are willing to initially join and invest in worlds that are approaching 10 years old. Maybe they don’t realize the variety of worlds until they’re already too invested and they just dive right in wherever Inno Games drops them? It is hard to imagine these players ever spending heavily to grow their city, when the top players are already hundreds of millions of points beyond them. If I were just starting to play today, I’d want a reasonable chance to compete. And if I wasn’t playing competitively, I’d have no reason to spend money.

Ebeondi Asi

I wouldn’t join a newly created world, but I have always wondered why new players are willing to initially join and invest in worlds that are approaching 10 years old. Maybe they don’t realize the variety of worlds until they’re already too invested and they just dive right in wherever Inno Games drops them? It is hard to imagine these players ever spending heavily to grow their city, when the top players are already hundreds of millions of points beyond them. If I were just starting to play today, I’d want a reasonable chance to compete. And if I wasn’t playing competitively, I’d have no reason to spend money.
Interesting question I have a good answer to
The main reason to join old Worlds is exactly what the author above complains about. Long time players who are realy in love with playing the game. That includes most of the Worlds through at least "T" (probably futher too) where top Guilds are well managed. and actualy a good mix of new and older players.
I am in Guilds for very early worlds to middling later Guilds. Always someone with a billion points or several with a bllion or more.. Bunches with hundreds of millions of points. all make it a nice experience. a few Players with level 180 Arcs to help out. Lots with 100 plus levels.. Better 1.9 threads. 1.92 1.93

Emberguard

I have always wondered why new players are willing to initially join and invest in worlds that are approaching 10 years old.
You're assuming those players are trying to compete via Ranking instead of competing on the battlefield. If your focus is solely on Ranking most wouldn't spend for long on a new world either. It becomes very clear within the first 2-12 hrs of a brand new world opening that using money as your method instead of a tool is a pointless endeavour. As a tool it will work in building up your foundation, as a method it gets you nowhere.

if I wasn’t playing competitively, I’d have no reason to spend money.
Relying on money is not scalable on its own for Ranking. Which is why money spenders who focus solely on buying to get anywhere can be easily overtaken by a competitive free player. Competitive scales your ranking. Money only gets you past the initial step

Ironically the best way to compete on Ranking is by ignoring Ranking and just competing in everything else. Ranking will come as a byproduct anyway

Last edited: