• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Not all Mass Supply Rushes work on production buildings

Ebeondi Asi

I would like to know why finish supply production works on sleigh builders when they are producing supplies but finish goods production doesn't when they are producing goods.
It called supply Finish supply. Not finish goods.
Oddly I find some Finish supply work on other buildings when the time is set to finish Coins. Sunken Treasure 15 minute is Coins but in a quest that pops along with others using several 5 minute finish supply. It is odd some work, some do not.

Emberguard

I would like to know why finish supply production works on sleigh builders when they are producing supplies but finish goods production doesn't when they are producing goods.

Supply / Coin rushes = rush production type

Goods / Special rushes = rush building type
ie, goods rush only works on buildings classified as a Goods Building​

It called supply Finish supply. Not finish goods.
Oddly I find some Finish supply work on other buildings when the time is set to finish Coins. Sunken Treasure 15 minute is Coins but in a quest that pops along with others using several 5 minute finish supply. It is odd some work, some do not.
They are two different items. One is "finish supply production". It works when the sleigh builder is making supplies. The other is "finish goods production". It does NOT work when the sleigh builder is making goods. Why the difference?

xivarmy

They are two different items. One is "finish supply production". It works when the sleigh builder is making supplies. The other is "finish goods production". It does NOT work when the sleigh builder is making goods. Why the difference?
They were developed with a wide time between them with different philosophies. Quite possibly with different development teams. Can certainly understand the confusion though.

Supply and Coin rushes are pretty old. And are based on the building making *only* that rather than what type of building it is - simpler times when they were actually worried about not busting the game. Interestingly it took a bug report and much discussion to get Supply Rushes applied to the newish Jumpin Pumpkin - possibly some confusion over how coin and supply rushes did in fact operate on other things in there too ;) I imagine they were having the discussion of "maybe coin/supply rushes shouldn't work on sleigh builders ever instead" before they decided to enable them for the pumpkin.

Goods and Special Production rushes are relatively new. And are based off the building type.

jaymoney23456

So now they have straight production buildings that produce supplies not count for quests-I put in the new wyverntide smithy and what do you know it didn't count towards rival production quests. First time a supply production doesn't count for this. Stop with the nonsensical trickery to try to annoy and confuse players!

So now they have straight production buildings that produce supplies not count for quests-I put in the new wyverntide smithy and what do you know it didn't count towards rival production quests. First time a supply production doesn't count for this. Stop with the nonsensical trickery to try to annoy and confuse players!
Of course! If there's a way to screw the game up more, Inno will find it.

They were developed with a wide time between them with different philosophies. Quite possibly with different development teams. Can certainly understand the confusion though.

Supply and Coin rushes are pretty old. And are based on the building making *only* that rather than what type of building it is - simpler times when they were actually worried about not busting the game. Interestingly it took a bug report and much discussion to get Supply Rushes applied to the newish Jumpin Pumpkin - possibly some confusion over how coin and supply rushes did in fact operate on other things in there too ;) I imagine they were having the discussion of "maybe coin/supply rushes shouldn't work on sleigh builders ever instead" before they decided to enable them for the pumpkin.

Goods and Special Production rushes are relatively new. And are based off the building type.
So, the reason for the inconsistency is just because one is old and one is new? No logical reason, just an arbitrary distinction based on what mood the devs were in at two different times? But it....never mind, just forget it. Nothing else makes any sense, why should this? <sigh>