• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

now that inno has lost the plot

The Lady Redneck

omg your guild must be dead than
I know one of Ebeondi's guilds is far from dead. :) ALL members are taking on the QI learning curve. A lot of the members are all excited and really getting into it. Some others are finding it harder going. Some like me that have played it since it launched on Beta and are still not happy with it. But we are proud of our guild so will do what has to be done. Despite MTG's efforts to ruin the game.( MGT is the company that owns FoE)

WiseOdin

It's fun enough to keep my Guilds interested in it.
Top three guild. Half our members have zero interest and think it's another way for Inno to glue you to the game. Another quarter think it's a way for Inno to glue you to the game, and will play once a night to help the guild. The final quarter realize that it's another way for Inno to glue you to the game, however, will check the game morning and night to collect QI, as it helps the guild.

Nobody is excited about QI, unless the high point in their day is logging into FoE.

Pericles the Lion

Top three guild. Half our members have zero interest and think it's another way for Inno to glue you to the game. Another quarter think it's a way for Inno to glue you to the game, and will play they are mistaken once a night to help the guild. The final quarter realize that it's another way for Inno to glue you to the game, however, will check the game morning and night to collect QI, as it helps the guild.

Nobody is excited about QI, unless the high point in their day is logging into FoE.
If anyone thinks that players need to be "glued to the game" to play QI they are mistaken. A little set up at the beginning then return every 10 hours, or so, to manage the settlement. Complete actions on the map whenever time is available, there's always something to do. The rewards are good but the camaraderie with guildmates is the best part. I'm in a top ranked guild. 78 of the 80 members have some amount of participation with average progress being 65 at the moment (ranging from 0 to 411).

Wwwoodchuck

If anyone thinks that players need to be "glued to the game" to play QI they are mistaken. A little set up at the beginning then return every 10 hours, or so, to manage the settlement. Complete actions on the map whenever time is available, there's always something to do. The rewards are good but the camaraderie with guildmates is the best part. I'm in a top ranked guild. 78 of the 80 members have some amount of participation with average progress being 65 at the moment (ranging from 0 to 411).
That is excellent and with that attitude and participation, you will win!! Congratulations!

But, it I also why there are only one or two top Guilds per world, at least in the 4 worlds I was in. The people who believe things like QI are fantastic and want to excel, migrate to those one or two top guilds, are really happy and dominate. That leaves the other people, not in those top guilds, to just let those folks win. They would be very surprised to find out just how little many people care that they win everything.

What I was hearing from the rank and file guilds is QI is not something they would like to dominate in or even participate in. Sure, there will be some people in each guild who enjoy it and they will either like it enough to try and join a top guild, to be with like minded people. They will form another guild who specializes in liking QI or they will just hang and be one of the few in each guild who play the QI portion. Just like GvG, most guilds only had a few who participated. The people who lived for GvG migrated to the top guilds, just like what happens with GbG.

There is nothing wrong with that. Like minded players all want to be with like minded players! But, that does not mean that they will be able to convince the rank and file players that QI is the best thing since… since whatever the last greatest addition to the game was.

And sure, I read posts from folks who come on to brag about how their guild dominates and they have all the best and highest levels of all the latest carrot on a stick rewards to chase after. And that is fine also. People will enjoy playing how they like to play! That is a good thing!

The folks who remain and really enjoy all the new additions just have to make up for people who do not enjoy the new additions or changes to FoE. I was not happy so just abandon my cities. That is a loss of revenue that someone new will have to step up and cover. It was only a couple hundred dollars per month, but it is still spending someone who lives for QI will have to spend to make up. And, I have no doubt that those top Guilds who are excelling at QI will have enough folks increase their spending to make up for my leaving! Heck, buying shards, the pay reward packages and whatever the node chance things are will easily make up for the loss of one player!! Check the guild rankings to see who was waaaay more than anyone else, those were not all free

For me, I will give my new flex, instead of an FoE flex… It was a little cloudy this morning, but I went to the beach and kept two nice Pompano for dinner. Cleaned them and put on ice in the Big Kahuna beach cart. Then spent most of the day sitting on the beach in a chair with a cold beverage, just watching the waves roll in, birds feed and ships go by. Low tide is in 30 minutes and I am about to drive 5 minutes to the inlet and see what I can dig up as a side dish for dinner. High tide is about 8:30 am tomorrow, so instead of waiting around to collect my cities or collect QI productions, I am headed to the canal at 6am to catch the rising tide and look for a keeper Snook. Slot is only 28” to 32” so reeeeeeally hard to bring one home!

jaymoney23456

With everything in the game now it requires players to be glued to it. It isn't just QI, its GbG, GE, doing events, doing cultural settlements for many players now that they will be relevant again, collecting their city, and managing it. QI itself maybe takes 1-1.5 hours a day but add everything up and players are glued to the screen. Also, your guild is the exception if you have 78 out of 80 doing QI. Most guild have more than that that do nothing or very little in GbG. Would be better if even the 2-3 guilds after the top 1-2 could still compete with the top one or two guilds. Otherwise, its little real competition at the top.

jaymoney23456

Top three guild. Half our members have zero interest and think it's another way for Inno to glue you to the game. Another quarter think it's a way for Inno to glue you to the game, and will play once a night to help the guild. The final quarter realize that it's another way for Inno to glue you to the game, however, will check the game morning and night to collect QI, as it helps the guild.

We are third on our server in QI and we top 5 in GbG-harder to tell exactly after the top 2 on my world. We are probably third strongest but the way GbG ranking works harder to tell. We have 25 players who haven't touched QI yet and another bunch have done little in it.