• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Observatory GB

I am in the process of leveling up my Arc to 50 and started wondering if the Observatory is worth having anymore? I don't GvG and neither does the guild I am in. I have never gotten rid of a GB at this point either so I am not sure if it is worth getting rid of.

Thanks.

BruteForceAttack

I am in the process of leveling up my Arc to 50 and started wondering if the Observatory is worth having anymore? I don't GvG and neither does the guild I am in. I have never gotten rid of a GB at this point either so I am not sure if it is worth getting rid of.

Thanks.

In future if you plan to change your current guild obs may help you to get you to some guilds. As of now it maybe not be much of use.

DeletedUser29726

If you've not put significant effort into levelling it you can scrap it - you can always rebuild it later if you find yourself in a GvG guild that wants the support pool.

If you have levelled it up it's only 3x3 and I'd keep it around.

Would also add that the goods it adds to treasury each collection does increase your global ranking points if that's something you care about.

@DreadfulCadillac I play on Noarsil

I have it up to level 5 and I play on the mobile app but every once in a while hop on the web app. I am one of the main officers in my guild so unless something drastic happens, I won't be leaving it. Just really on the fence with this one.

DeletedUser29726

I'd go with scrap it then - level 5 is almost nothing by time you're done your arc journey - which you will be soon. Just rebuild it if you need it later.

Algona

Toss it. If you want it back you'll be able to acquire and level it to 5 within minutes of finding someone with an Obs or joinin a Guild with an Obs requirement.

DeletedUser40018

Doesn't it also contribute to the treasury for opening GE levels?

Emberguard

Yes. All treasury GBs do that. However a Arc should be sufficient if you're not doing GvG. If you are doing a lot of GvG then it wouldn't hurt to have both

Last edited:

Emberguard

Let's put it this way. Lvl 50 Arc gives 102 of each current good daily. That's 714 per week.

Cost of GE per player can be seen here: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Costs_of_Unlocking_Difficulties

You will never need more then 42 per player per week and that's if you reach VF. So if you're all VF then your own Arc would be enough for 17 players to never contribute VF goods. If you're all Early Middle Ages then it's enough for 59.5 players to never contribute to the EMA part of the treasury

Every player in the guild should be willing to contribute in some way to the treasury enough for their cost in GE even if it's only for the current age part. Your Arc is more then enough to cover your costs and several other members without needing the Observatory unless it's specifically a guild requirement

DeletedUser40018

Great Information! Thanks! Then I with 50+ level arc will say bye bye to my observatory!

Lancer

Thanks.

I personally have deleted the colosseum, Hagia sophia, and obs due to needed space. I only deleted obs though after my arc was close to level 10. It produces plenty of goods itself, especially if you plan on camping in a certain age for a while.