• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

On-line/logged in indicator

NWWolverine

I wonder why Inno doesn't have an indicator that shows which members of the guild are online. Doesn't seem to be that big of an add. They could just add a dot next to the members name where we're listed on the bottom or even in the "your guild" tab. What do think? I'm always wondering who's out there...

Dominator - X

Yeah, no. Sorry, but it is nobodies business when I am on or off. I don't need someone asking me why I didn't take their 10 P5's on the 1.9 thread. Sometimes, I only have a limited amount of time when logging on and don't want others wondering why I didn't help out with GBG (or anything for that matter) when I logged on. It has been suggested many times in the past and IMO, it is still not a good idea.

captain987

I'm not a fan of a real-time indicator either. However, I think there should be more dot colors, at the very least, a (maybe black?) color for players that haven't logged in for 30 days.

jaymoney23456

would be nice for guild leaders to know who is online but shouldn't be visible to other players. IT is already apparent when some are online now too based on when they take spots off 1.9 etc.

I think they should just implement this the same way for friends. green dot for within 2 days yellow dot for less than 7 days and red dot for more than 8 days. also a vacation indicator that you can turn on and excludes you from GEx with the penalty of not being able to do GEx for the next week

Xenosaur

I wonder why Inno doesn't have an indicator that shows which members of the guild are online

The definition of online is not cut and dry.

Am I online when I leave my PC running FoE for 3 days, attached to my city - and am away? Yes, Inno has some constraints on me staying logged in that long, but how about "overnite" which I routinely do?

Am I "online" if I"m attached to the website, in my cityspace or on the GbG map, or GE screen, but physically sleeping in my bed?

I'm in agreement with many of the other posters here - I think Inno's level of "who is here and who isn't" is just about right.

If you're looking for something akin to what this forum does (when you login in, stay in, or exit this forum, and what specifically you're doing here...), it wouldn't make a lot of people very happy in FoE. It way too invasive.

Last thing someone wants to hear from some power-hungry guild leader is:

Oh, so you WERE here, why didn't you respond to my message?
Oh, so you WERE here, why didn't you help in GbG?
Oh, so you WERE here, why did you disregard that urgent plea for diamonds on that sector?

and the list would go on, and on and on...

@Pericles the Lion said it best and shortest: HARD NO

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

The definition of online is not cut and dry.

Am I online when I leave my PC running FoE for 3 days, attached to my city - and am away? Yes, Inno has some constraints on me staying logged in that long, but how about "overnite" which I routinely do?

Am I "online" if I"m attached to the website, in my cityspace or on the GbG map, or GE screen, but physically sleeping in my bed?

I'm in agreement with many of the other posters here - I think Inno's level of "who is here and who isn't" is just about right.

If you're looking for something akin to what this forum does (when you login in, stay in, or exit this forum, and what specifically you're doing here...), it wouldn't make a lot of people very happy in FoE. It way too invasive.

Last thing someone wants to here is:

Oh, so you WERE here, why didn't you respond to my message?
Oh, so you WERE here, why didn't you help in GbG?
Oh, so you WERE here, why did you disregard that urgent plea for diamonds on that sector?

and the list would go on, and on and on...
Players who are members of top guilds should expect to help out in GbG a significant amt. and with diamonds if possible. Its very irritating to be a founder in a high ranking GbG guild and see palyers who like to skate by and not do their fair share to help out in a guild like this-they are a minority to be sure but they should like I said expect to help out as much as possible or they should be in a less competetive guild

Xenosaur

Players who are members of top guilds should expect to help out in GbG a significant amt. and with diamonds if possible. Its very irritating to be a founder in a high ranking GbG guild and see palyers who like to skate by and not do their fair share to help out in a guild like this-they are a minority to be sure but they should like I said expect to help out as much as possible or they should be in a less competetive guild

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Huh? your reply is truly a non-sequitur.

I wasn't calling out size of guild, or correlating/equating it with expectations, or operational values, or requirements, or setting policy decisions on anything to do with GbG.

The topic is on the benefits and pitfalls of widening (refining) the players display of their "online" status.

Oh, you were here, why didn't you help out in the 1.9?

jaymoney23456

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Huh? your reply is truly a non-sequitur.

I wasn't calling out size of guild, or correlating/equating it with expectations, or operational values, or requirements, or setting policy decisions on anything to do with GbG.

The topic is on the benefits and pitfalls of widening (refining) the players display of their "online" status.
my reply was related to the topic, as it would be easier for guild leaders to figure out who to contact for help in GbG based who is online if guild leaders could see this directly

Xenosaur

Let's distill the point, and go UP the food chain in the topic. Don't wanna be in the weeds...

Not speaking for anyone else, but the way I read all the posted responses so far is:

It's a slippery slope to add more "tracking" of what people are doing, under the guise of "online status". I think that's the point here.

My opinion is: It's ok the way it is now - whatever that is. FoE needs no MORE or deeper personal tracking, especially in detail of:

where I am in their game universe,
when I'm directly here or not here
and most importantly and specifically -- what I'm doing (or NOT doing) while here.

That seems to be the consensus so far, on this topic.

Namaste

JJ597

Include in your guild description what you expect of every member! If you want guildees to spend diamonds in GBG, tell them. As a guild founder you are there to enforce the rules, use that authority, What annoys me in GBG, is guilds who have already won the season, yet, still insist on flipping sectors, when all the lower level guilds are fighting for 2nd & 3rd place in diamond worlds.

jaymoney23456

Include in your guild description what you expect of every member! If you want guildees to spend diamonds in GBG, tell them. As a guild founder you are there to enforce the rules, use that authority, What annoys me in GBG, is guilds who have already won the season, yet, still insist on flipping sectors, when all the lower level guilds are fighting for 2nd & 3rd place in diamond worlds.
Top guilds have a lot of players wanting more fights in GbG the entire season so its normal for flips to occur for the whole season

jaymoney23456

Top guilds have a lot of players wanting more fights in GbG the entire season so its normal for flips to occur for the whole season
more accurtely top guilds have players wanting to keep getting fights in every day in GbG and if they don't get enough flips then there isn't enough fights to go around

JJ597

more accurtely top guilds have players wanting to keep getting fights in every day in GbG and if they don't get enough flips then there isn't enough fights to go around
Top guilds you want to get more fights in GBG, then give lower level guilds time to flip multiple sectors. Alternative is to make multiple Diamond leagues and have the TOP guilds fight each other. While those in a lower level diamond league can still compete for the Towers!

JJ597

If I was a diamond league guild leader, and was continually getting "beached" by another guild. I'd tell my guild members to NOT flip any sectors and let that guild be "bored to tears". It's not worth playing GBG when the top guild has already won the season with 7 or more days left, and still prevents lower level guilds from fighting to get to 2nd or 3rd place.